• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lower than expected (by me) scores, actually have me more excited to play it. Wolfenstein New Order has a 79 mc as does Prey. Dying Light is very low and all three of those games are some of my favorites this gen. Tomorrow can't come quick enough.
Holy shit I never realized Wolf or Prey were that low. That's insane.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
If you think some of the dislikes don't come because its a women reviewing it you're either completely naive or haven't been paying attention to the last few years. That is 100% a part of it.
are you for real?

If somebody does not make something about race or sex is not a normal day in Era.

The woman has nothing to do with this, people are against negative reviews even here. it's just Sony fanboys going bonkers because a first party failed

Edit: before a crappy quote from you here is a link with far more views from the same reviewer.

As you can see there is no bias. Stop talking shit please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAPUpMiTQ3s

Edit: Since I am receiveing a lot of quotes let me be clear. It's meant as fail in relation to Sony exclusive ecpectation. People were actually thinking to receive a new top IP like tlou or Horizon

Last edited:

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Actually fine with what I'm reading; the "bad score" reviews focus on story and story is low on my priorities for a game like this. The "good score" reviews seem to really enjoy playing in the game's "sandbox" and had a lot of things that sounded great to me.

Lots of tech issues though, I think this is a "wait for a few patches and coincidentally it will probably be in the bargain bin" game.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon

giphy.gif

Yeesh.

Feb 21, 2019
That's supposed to be parody? It doesn't seem like it. It's convincing dialogue to me, unless there's more context surrounding that scene.
I mean, that line is not uncommon in biker culture. Its a cringe joke then as it is here in this game. I for one, think its freakin hilarious. and if it is serious, then ALL THE BETTER!!!!! Awesomely bad movies/games (especially games) don't come around often.

gameovergreggy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
so, preview events = free mega-pr hype generation subsidized by game journalists who can be as easily manipulated by a short amount of gameplay as anyone else? :) ...
You're joking — to some extent — but you're entirely wrong. Usually, I leave a preview event and know if a game is or isn't for me. Days Gone and Mass Effect Andromeda are the two biggest exceptions in my career. The game's big problem -- which I'm about to dive into on the Gamescast -- is that it isn't rewarding (systems, gameplay, time). That's impossible to know in the preview. But that said, I still should've tempered my expectations more. I just thought they had it, you know?

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Why are you making this about women? most of top comments don't agree with the review.
They don't like the review because it's written by a woman. Certainly haven't played the game enough to disagree with the review on substantive grounds.

It's telling because there's nowhere near the backlash to similar negative reviews made by male reviewers.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
So it settled on a 72, seems okay. Sony can not win them all, really wish they do not punish Bend. Still excited to play this especially as reviews seem quite split. Also some of the complaints and praise are enlightening in a post RDR2 world.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
are you for real?

If somebody does not make something about race or sex is not a normal day in Era.

The woman has nothing to do with this, people are against negative reviews even here. it's just Sony fanboys going bonkers because a first party failed
Yes I'm for real that women reviewers get a disproportionate amount of dislikes/hate for simply being a woman than male reviewers do. This isn't revelatory or new information. This didn't start last week.

Can you tell me why Gamespot's review of RDR2 has twice as many dislikes for a game they gave a 9 to? Or why Carolyn Petit's review of GTA V (also a 9) has similar 'feedback'? Feel free to read the comments on that video since you think sexism and hate against women involved with video games is something I just concocted out of thin air.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Yes I'm for real that women reviewers get a disproportionate amount of dislikes/hate for simply being a woman than male reviewers do. This isn't revelatory or new information. This didn't start last week.

Can you tell me why Gamespot's review of RDR2 has twice as many dislikes for a game they gave a 9 to? Or why Carolyn Petit's review of GTA V (also a 9) has similar 'feedback'? Feel free to read the comments on that video since you think sexism and hate against women involved with video games is something I just concocted out of thin air.
I edited my post.

I'll post it again, same reviewer, video with far more views, same reviewer

Cut your shit. You don't have to demonstrate how modern you are here, everyone is leftist in this forum

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why metacritic scores aren't everything. Mafia 3 has a 68 and despite the issues, the soundtrack, story and controls are incredible. The mission structure became tired as time went on and it had glitches at launch. Didn't stop me from absolutely loving it.
Yeah I know, I don't really care much about meta but these two in particular are so well liked that it is crazy they are this low.

Seems to be critics and players opinions not aligning. Kind of like Red Dead.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
are you for real?

Edit: before a crappy quote from you here is a link with far more views from the same reviewer.

As you can see there is no bias. Stop talking shit please

Sorry, but in what way has a game that has a 7/10 and hasn't even officially released yet failed?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Acg's review has him set a bear on fire. Bridge too far. I do not support violence against animals.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get how that bounty chase looked fun to anyone. They were going so slowly and he had to take 30 shots to the guy's bike. IDK man

Well, Vinny admitted he wasn't even using the equipment (oil can silencer?) he wanted to. Bounty chases weren't fun in RDR2 either, at least for me. That horde sequence around the 19 minute mark was pretty interesting though.

Anyways, I'm making my way through it and It thought some of the little things you could do (make circles out of tire tracks, fall off the back of the bike, etc.) were neat enough.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
72 is about what I expected. It gave me the feeling of being something fun but flawed, and that sounds fairly spot on.

Anyway I have my order in for pickup today and I'm still looking forward to giving it a crack over the weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, biker culture is something that will never appeal to me in the slightest. The oversized rings, the chains, the leather vests, etc. Every facet of it is completely uninteresting.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
A couple comments in there mentioned that the dislike bar is always worse when Lucy is reviewing. I'm kind of curious now if IGN or anyone has any data on the reception of their reviewers and the view/like/dislike data of their video posts.
I only recall that she also did the Uc4 review and that dislike bar is painful to look at too

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
72 is somewhat disappointing but I feel like I'd still have a pretty great time with this game, especially after Bend addresses some of the glitches/bugs.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
it's just Sony fanboys going bonkers because a first party failed

In what world has this game already failed?

A 72/100 is not the end of the world and this game will probably still go on to sell into the millions which I would imagine would make it a commercial success for Sony.

Wow exclusives really do tend to bring out the crazy comments from people.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Reading all the reviews...is just me that think there's a disconect between what is written and the score?

I think they wrote a much worse game than the 7 score suggests. 7 in my book, is good btw

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
They don't like the review because it's written by a woman. Certainly haven't played the game enough to disagree with the review on substantive grounds.

It's telling because there's nowhere near the backlash to similar negative reviews made by male reviewers.

Reviewed by Marty Sliva. The video got a shitload of dislikes primarily because it was quite critical of the game.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'm glad the game got a 70. I feel like I know What to expect and am pretty interested in picking it up at discount.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
In what world has this game already failed?

A 72/100 is not the end of the world and this game will probably still go on to sell into the millions which I would imagine would make it a commercial success for Sony.

Wow exclusives really do tend to bring out the crazy comments from people.
read the post below, it was meant relatively. People were expecting a new TLOU

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I edited my post.

I'll post it again, same reviewer, video with far more views, same reviewer

Cut your shit. You don't have to demonstrate how modern you are here, everyone is leftist in this forum
Your single YouTube video is evidence that sexism against women who work in the video game industry isn't widespread? You can't actually respond to evidence I (and now others) have posted so you have to resort to recognizing the very obvious and very prevalent sexism in the industry as 'shit'. Heh. You'll do well here.

This one did not, the correlation is not causality. Every time IGN does not super praise a SOny exclusive people bomb the review
...and when it is reviewed well and people still fill the video with dislikes it is because?