• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 30, 2018
Looks like I made a good decision to preorder digitally.

God of War, Detroit, Spider-Man, Horizon and now Days Gone. I can't wait.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I mean, surely when you're at these events anda vet like Miller you ask questions to the Devs. Is this the main hook of the game? how much variety is there? Man theres some serious technical issues here I should be a little cautious in over hyping this.

If there are technical issues here I'm sure there were technical issues in older builds. It's not Like Gregg is some Newbie, he's been around for years. He fanboyed out at the preview, wanted hits and wanted to love the game. got over excited or something. I don't wanna put words in his mouth but going full force hyperbole preview to the games not good is fucking shit for any of his fanbase that really trusts his opinion. You're playing with peoples money man. If you bought this digital, we know what Sony's like. GOod luck in getting that cash back.

yep. miller's upcoming podcast 'explanation' should simply consist of an outright apology. as an experienced game journalist, he just failed to do his job, which is to accurately inform his readership. period :) ...

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Managed to get a refund for my PSN pre order. Thank you Daniel, at PlayStation Support, you fucking real one.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
she is making a joke, a reviewer said that in the ot, there is a flashaback that explain the all scene.
also, that line is pretty common in the all biker charter wedding imaginery, is not something invented for the game but an actual line from this type of media\imaginery.

(sorry for my english)

i'm not saying that the writing is out of this world or even good, i don't possess the game yet, but people are moking this scene without context.

like another member said, it's the tidus laugh scene all over again.

Ah, makes more sense now I guess. I take back what I said then.

TheHyde

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, have watched enough gameplay footage and read reviews that I know this will be a miss. Which I sort of already knew...unfortunate as it is.

Why was this ever greenlit by Sony who knows. If only they had made a new Syphon Filter...but "this was the game they wanted to make", whatever.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
I've only played a few hours of the game and I'm not particularly fond of the characters or writing so far, don't really like that wedding line either, but there aren't half a lot of people on here who seemingly can't ever imagine other people doing or saying things that they wouldn't. Deacon doesn't seem to be a classy character or surround himself with them. Some people also haven't seen some of the tacky shit done or said at weddings. It's far from as ridiculous as people are making out.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Who actually did the review for Easy Allies? I'm not sure if "Video Written By Brandon Jones" means if that's actually his personal opinoin or if he just wrote the copy/narration to reflect staff opinion.

Brandon narrates all EZA reviews. The reviewers and video editors are named at the start of each video and this time Brandon did both those jobs.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
Patrick Klepek

Can you expand any more about the slave trading you described in the review? Is it part of the story? Are you able to ignore it entirely? That entire section (especially with the fact that you basically can't do anything about it and then double-down on not believing her later) is extremely troubling to me.

It's part of the story. There's more to it than what I mentioned, to be vague, but not in a way that solves my problem with it.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
yep. miller's upcoming podcast 'explanation' should simply consist of an outright apology. as an experienced game journalist, he just failed to do his job, which is to accurately inform his readership. period :) ...
His job is to share his opinion. He liked the preview, and shared that opinion. He didn't like the game, and shared that opinion. He even did the later with enough time for people to drop their pre-order.

Who among us hasn't thought a trailer for a movie looked great, convinced friends to join us at the theater, only for it to be a dud?

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
jbCAygr.jpg

Just had a little too much time on my hands, kudos to ArcSys twitter.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the full scene look like?

"Doesn't seem". I don't know, but it's got a lot to do to pull off that cringe.

It's a more family-friendly Cyberpunk joke, but the thing with Cyberpunk is its whole world and characters straddle the edge.

I never really seen Days Gone advertised as "Zombie Simulator: The Edge". I guess they're trying for a bit of Ellie banter from TLoU.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Link?

I love the Twitter account by a film producer who posts script intros of female characters.
https://mobile.twitter.com/femscriptintros
You cannot just put this out there and not link the account, man. Hook a dude up!

I swear it's real! Maybe it got deleted or something. I can't find it to save my life here. It's definitely not FemScripts though, I knew that one. This was specifically in books only.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Looks like a great game to get for $14.99.
You may not have to wait long to get it for that price lol
The game could still be a decent seller. There's plenty of games that despite middling reviews still manage to sell millions.
Yeah but things like returning the game after beating it, or being disappointed and returning it heavily weigh-down a game's sales potential.
Yeah, being around games for 30+ years, I think most of us have a sixth sense for this kinda stuff.
You look at a game, and you kinda already know.
Except death stranding. No idea what to make of that game at all.
Death Stranding has the potential to be the most divisively reviewed game in history.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, being around games for 30+ years, I think most of us have a sixth sense for this kinda stuff.
You look at a game, and you kinda already know.
Except death stranding. No idea what to make of that game at all.

with good reason. i'm pretty sure that even kojima himself, at this point, doesn't know what to make of it :) ...

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell no. LMFAO. But we also wouldn't even have our wedding in a church. Neither of us give into our parent's religiosity. We don't placate our parents endlessly like some people do.
Religious or not, if you're inside a church, just out of sheer respect to others inside, you remove whatever headwear you're wearing when entering most (all?) Christian churches. And this guy is wearing one at his own freaking wedding!

I'm sorry, I know it's a silly thing to Zero in on but, as someone who got married not long ago at a Catholic ceremony, it's bothering me, more than it should but still.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
His job is to share his opinion. He liked the preview, and shared that opinion. He didn't like the game, and shared that opinion. He even did the later with enough time for people to drop their pre-order.

Who among us hasn't thought a trailer for a movie looked great, convinced friends to join us at the theater, only for it to be a dud?

who among us doesn't ask themselves after every great-looking trailer 'was that, basically, all the best stuff in the whole movie in just 2 minutes?' cuz i know i do? & miller, unlike us, actually got to ask that of the developers :) ...