• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's so stupid in zombie fiction when they don't call them zombies. Also, the good biker characters wear cool jackets, not shitty little vests. Main guy looks like he smokes meth.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
This is a clear example of why reviews just dont work well for games in the current implementation of how we do them. Reviewers have to rush through these huge games and not get the whole experience and then put a quick number on that when in reality most gamers wont experience it that way. And more often than not these days reviewers aren't very subjective and insert their own bias and opinions Into it. Games actually really solid so far and I'm really enjoying it. Dont find many of the reviews to reflect what I'm seeing at all.
Nobody rushed it, we had more than two weeks

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Wow yo. The racism in this is insane. Just because she made a risque remark about sex and motorcycles she's white trash. Not even taking into account that most biker wedding have that same line in some way. Bikers of ANY color btw.
I'm racist for calling out shitty biker culture of my own skin color ok.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Do they deserve it, though? I know they canceled some projects after Golden Abyss, but nonetheless, it was an 8 year period between the two games. It's a lot of time, especially to release a game that clearly is way below the level of other AAA PS4-exclusive games.

I know they have a lot of talent there and this was their first big game, but I have doubts if Sony will be willing to give another chance.
Generally I don't think developers who put out a game with average scores in the 70's deserve to lose their jobs.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Someone said this earlier, but that line is basically a new Tidus Laugh. It makes perfect sense if you know the context, but on its own is just weird.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Not stunned - it was looking a little shaky all along. Really hope this isn't a big problem for Bend, they're a super talented team.

But all the loudninja threads...... Bundy's excitement.... where did all go so wrong..
Well that is his job.
Kinda bullshit that you got a warning for this post.

You can't call out people essentially doing free astroturfing and PR? Really? After all the thread and the post and the deflections? And not just with this game either.

I don't get why that's ok because in all those PR hype threads LoudNinja posted any negative discussion was frowned upon for no reasons and the mods gave no warnings.
I think if you vested long enough in making sure you posted news about a game like 2 seconds after sony make a blog post about it then you probably care a lot about the game and how well it does.

This kind of shit reminds me of the nonsense on GAF around Andromeda's release that resulted in Shinobi leaving the site. Disappointing to see it play out here as well. Someone's excited for a game on an enthusiast forum - if you don't like the threads, don't click them and/or ignore them and they go away... magic.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
They look like a fool by having a different experience with the complete game than they did at a press event?

The only 'fool' in this scenario would be those that can't see why those two experiences could be wildly different.

Maybe not putting so much stock in press preview events is the lesson to be learned here.
You'd think somebody who has been in the industry for several years and probably played countless preview builds over the years would be smarter than proclaiming something as "a hell of a game" after a couple of hours too. There's not even a link or direction to a more in-depth discussion about what he played.

It's true we shouldn't put much stock in a press previews but that's partly because they're prone to nonsense like this. Greg Miller isn't the only one guilty of this but it isn't informative or quality content so what's the point of it? A little self-awareness about the fact you're playing a preview and not the full game wouldn't go amiss, rather than just full on boarding the hype train based on a vertical slice.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Nobody rushed it, we had more than two weeks
2 weeks is not much time at all even if you play hours and hours a day. And besides the point is that isn't how most people experience these games. So looking to reviews that are played in a totally different way with as much credibility as we give them is just insane to me. We need a new way.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'm definitely still picking this game up. It's gorgeous, sounds like it's competent gameplay wise and I'm over most of the games I've been playing, and am back in the mood for some open world action that ISNT Assassins Creed.

I don't know what it is about those games, but they are just Ambien for me.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Not stunned - it was looking a little shaky all along. Really hope this isn't a big problem for Bend, they're a super talented team.

This kind of shit reminds me of the nonsense on GAF around Andromeda's release that resulted in Shinobi leaving the site. Disappointing to see it play out here as well. Someone's excited for a game on an enthusiast forum - if you don't like the threads, don't click them and/or ignore them and they go away... magic.
For real

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
i will say something, previews are bullshit. I mean Greg Miller going from all that to that tweet is a slap in the face to anyone who may pre order the game based off their overhyped preview bollox.

ya think? i mean, it never occurred to miller, who's been around a while, that the preview gameplay he loved so much might simply be repeated for another 30-40 hours? that he actually thought he'd be doing a whole bunch of, y'know, completely different stuff? there is no defense :) ...

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2 weeks is not much time at all even if you play hours and hours a day. And besides the point is that isn't how most people experience these games. So looking to reviews that are played in a totally different way with as much credibility as we give them is just insane to me. We need a new way.

Holy shit you moved the goalposts to another planet man.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I think it's pretty emblematic for how women are treated in games media that a reviews editor for a major site like Kallie Plagge is automatically assumed to have less credibility than some random guy with a moderately sized YouTube channel.
No, nothing to do with her being a woman. At least in my case. Some of my most trusted games reviewers and journalists are women. So don't play this card on me.

I regularly look to Lucy O'Briens work and Allanah Pierce for their impressions.

They are pretty mediocre on Days Gone as well, but that Gamespot review seemed pretty uncharitable. Especially in the context of her omissions on where the story goes.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I feel like this game is about as generic as it gets; some of you are really trying hard to pick it apart. jeez.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
The Easy Allies review seems very fair and makes me feel better about buying the game. They seemed to really enjoy everything about the game except for the numerous glitches they encountered. Having survived Fallout games, I'm okay with some glitching, lol. I'm sure more patches will help iron things out. I highly doubt this will be sent out to die.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

tenor.gif

How does one go from

"Days Gone is a hell of a game. Sam Witwer and Courtnee Draper are great, the combat is fun, but the real hero is the world. It's fascinating to explore, littered with cool moments, and beautiful. You never know what's next."

to

"It's not a rewarding or particularly fun video game."

i will say something, previews are bullshit. I mean Greg Miller going from all that to that tweet is a slap in the face to anyone who may pre order the game based off their overhyped preview bollox.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I'm racist for calling out shitty biker culture of my own skin color ok.
except they are not racist bikers? they literally try to save a latino woman named alvarez in the first 10 minutes of the game and they revenge her right after.
the bald guy best friend of deacon make a remark on the radio about how important is for him to take care of alvarez body.
also 2 of the main character and allies of deacon are respectively a black woman and a girl named patil, an indian name...

i mean, what other proof you need?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who actually did the review for Easy Allies? I'm not sure if "Video Written By Brandon Jones" means if that's actually his personal opinoin or if he just wrote the copy/narration to reflect staff opinion.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
You'd think somebody who has been in the industry for several years and probably played countless preview builds over the years would be smarter than proclaiming something as "a hell of a game" after a couple of hours too. There's not even a link or direction to a more in-depth discussion about what he played.

It's true we shouldn't put much stock in a press previews but that's partly because they're prone to nonsense like this. Greg Miller isn't the only one guilty of this but it isn't informative or quality content so what's the point of it? A little self-awareness about the fact you're playing a preview and not the full game wouldn't go amiss, rather than just full on boarding the hype train based on a vertical slice.
I'd have to imagine Greg talked about his time with the game on the video content he produces for Kinda Funny. I think your criticism is more how shitty a platform for meaningful discussion Twitter is.

I'm not going to defend press preview events. If it were up to me I'd want them not to exist but with 'influencer' culture becoming more and more the norm in how companies interact with the public before games release, I still want journalists to attend so that influencers don't dominate a game's coverage before it releases.

The fact that Greg's tweet is getting any kind of traction on here is pretty bizarre to me. The fact that Greg had a negative opinion of the game after his positive experience with a demo is a testament to his integrity and not something for him to be derided for. It shouldn't be a mystery to anyone why the experiences could be very different and his opinion of the original demo experience isn't wrong because he didn't like the full product.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Reviews are meaningless," proclaims local man who is upset over what reviews are saying about a videogame he likes.