• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Technical issues in open world games are always very anecdotal (I had a friend who claimed to not have met a single jarring bug in AC Unity around launch), but I actually didn't find that many bugs, even playing on older versions of the game than the one that's currently out there (1.0.3). There are slowdowns, but even on the base PS4 the game ran consistently and reasonably well when you're not driving fast on the bike.

The biggest technical hurdle I found, to quote myself from the OT, was this:
What the...?

I know that bugs slip into shipping builds all of the time, but that seems like a really weird thing to give a pass on when pushing a game out the door.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He's waited for almost three years to make these videos while reviewers have been writing hot takes on it for that amount of time and making money in that time. Your argument that only one of them is motivated by money doesn't hold water. You have to hold them all to the same standard if you want to pull that.
The fact that he's 'waited' 3 years to make these videos only further proves how desperately he needs people to like the game for some reason.
Also, a reviewer isn't making significantly more or less money for having a good or bad review. They make more for having a review than not having one. There's a big difference.

If the game bombs, then all dude's hard work on videos for achievement hunting goes out the window. If the game bombs it literally means nothing to a journalist.
Pretty much the same as you are doing with this reply then.
I'm pretty sure I'm posting on an internet forum, not going out on twitter trying to start a crusade against reviewers.

Hickem

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Guys i could give you many example on why some reviews are not reliable. I finished the game before i could write my review and i read judgement on Deacon that are obviously from the first 10 or so hours

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Humor and saucy banter....kind of a flop imo but what's wrong with it?

The way people are responding to this is absurd, it's the equivalent of taking that fucking Tidus laugh from FFX out of context for the 10 millionth time

The line being so trashy, the lack of context, and the serious tone in the delivery make it super funny to me.

Oct 27, 2017
ZcTYikI.gif
That's some bad LSD trip shit right here...

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
hi Patrick. Yes! you are 100% right. But I don't think (and correct me if I'm wrong) we can't not ask everyone to be Romero.

Nah, of course not. He's a master. Still, Days Gone is not pretending it's just a goofy time in zombie world—it's a game that WANTS to be taken seriously. If you open that door, I'm gonna walk through.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
You are thinking to not buy a game based on reviews from people who claims that "Deacon is a selfish bastard" when, in the game, it's not like that. You are trusting people that have played 10 hours out of a 30+ main quest.
How is that any different from any other review thread?

I'm not buying a game because 70's for a game outside my preferred genre is a risk.

I'll get it when it's on sale so if by chance it's not what I was hoping it to be it will not hurt my wallet or time as much if I were to buy it now.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If Gregg is disappointed you know it's got to be bad.

Holy fuck that wedding line......Hahahaha, we hit a new level.

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
I gotta say I'm glad I transferred my pre-order funds from this game to Phoenix Wright Trilogy. I'm still gonna check it out, for sure, but I have to say that the problems and the plot are really dampening any meager excitement I had for the game.

The GameStop girl was real disappointed in me, though. 😞

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
A bad line written once is bad, but a bad line written twice, referencing the first time it is written is eventually good - Shigeru Miyamoto

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
id love that wedding scene if the rest of the game wasn't afraid of being a little goofy but from what I've seen/read, it takes itself very very seriously, maybe overly so, so that line sticks out as weird.

XodiousBlack

Aug 16, 2018
I'm confused, skimming through this thread it seems like people are losing it over the wedding line...whats so terrible about it? I get some people cant handle that type of interaction for whatever reason but I see no issue with two grown adults speaking to each other in that way (especially since they are getting married..). It's actually refreshing to hear personally, I know many people who are in love and speak to each other that way.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
That scene is basically doomed to be another "Tidus Laugh" scene that comes up in ever cringe thread even though its completely fine/appropriate in context and (in this case) is justified with a scene/dialog later in the game.

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
I know its ironic, but sometimes I have the urge to reply to someone (or just reply), but then I tell myself what the hell for.

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say I'm glad I transferred my pre-order funds from this game to Phoenix Wright Trilogy. I'm still gonna check it out, for sure, but I have to say that the problems and the plot are really dampening any meager excitement I had for the game.

The GameStop girl was real disappointed in me, though. 😞
You've made a GameStop girl unhappy?!?! You monster!!!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, low 70s. I am a bit surprised of the mediocre reviews. I myself wasn't interested in the game at all personally, but I thought it would maybe still be reviewed around 80, I didn't expect it to be around 70, lower for individual reviews even. Just looked at the scores right now, didn't have time to read or watch any review, but I sure will do now.