• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're perfectly happy to actually criticise massively hyped games. I can respect them for that.

Also as I said, they are literally the only site which was able to look past the pretty presentation of RDR2 and provide some genuine criticism of the games many issues. That makes them decent in my eyes.
If they are just contrarian most of the time, which it looks like, they are bound to be right sometimes. Doesn't mean they deserve respect for jt though.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I was very excited for this game. I'm disappointed the reviews say it's average, but I'll still pick it up when I'm done with RDR2.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Here ya go, guys. I figure at least someone would get a chuckle out of this. Made this thinking the haters would eat crow! Didn't turn out that way, though. Apparently, you can indeed freak the Deac.

46770748465_9719d95001_o.png

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Watched the ign video review on YouTube, lol at the like/dislike bar. Damn people are invested in this console war stuff.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
They're perfectly happy to actually criticise massively hyped games. I can respect them for that.

Also as I said, they are literally the only site which was able to look past the pretty presentation of RDR2 and provide some genuine criticism of the games many issues. That makes them decent in my eyes.
Except the Sekiro review is as shallow as you can get and just slaps a 2/5 on it. If the sole RDR2 review is enough to garner your respect then fair play, but there's a reason Slant are typically mocked in review threads.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't help but feel Days Gone is going to have a reverse backlash when it tops sales charts and people go in with very low expectations.
I'm expecting a reverse RDR2 audience reaction as well (to some degree). Some people will discover the game through sales, ps+, buying used etc. and they will be like "wait, this isn't the complete turd I was told it is. This is actually a competent game with some rough aspects".

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
IGN Japan 7.9
With a large and beautiful open world, swollen hordes of infected freakers, and over 30 hours of story, Days Gone is a well-polished game on the surface. However, the game does not offer anything truly remarkable, and maintaining your bike can be annoying. That said, its strengths lie in exploring its open world by bike, and the qualities of its biker protagonist, Deacon.
https://jp.ign.com/days-gone/35097/review/days-gone

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Their Sekiro review was basically them crying about how it's too hard and then they had a meltdown on twitter about how only idiots think it's good or something like that. They aren't great, they make some good points here and there, but usually poorly and very antagonistic.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I pity the fool who got dealt a name like Deacon St. John. That's the name of the bassist in a Christian Rock band.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Making any kind of open world game is ambitious, and compared to its peers of games like Mafia 3 and Homefront The Revolution an open world game from a core team of 130 people and having the exist on the border between decent and good is an accomplishment any studio should be proud of.

Considering Klepek only played 20 hours of it before writing his review, it would make sense if some reviewers didn't actually play the game to completion.

Putting in 20 hours and not seeing that as sufficient sunk cost to play through the rest of it is a valid indictment of the game in my eyes. You can write a review on the parts of the movie you saw before you walked out - so long as you say you walked out at least.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
All the Horizon had was its art design really. The bland writing and repetitive content that Days Gone is being criticised for was present in that game too. It's just we've seen this post-apocalyptic setting in a ton of other media already.
Sorry you didn't like HZD. I felt the ranged combat, different arrow effects, and stealth were great. And uncovering the backstory was my favorite part of that game. The reviews and sales seem to reflect it's quality.

Days Gone seems to be a different matter. Maybe fun but lackluster? Anyways like I said before, I'll wait for a sale to pick it up.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
So is this one of those games you need to play for 60 hours before it gets interesting?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Putting in 20 hours and not seeing that as sufficient sunk cost to play through the rest of it is a valid indictment of the game in my eyes. You can write a review on the parts of the movie you saw before you walked out.

Sure, but you can't criticize the character and his motivations without finishing the story though.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit, i knew this embargo would bite me. Tried to cancel amazon but nope, cant. Shouldnt have preordered, but the damn amazon discount from years ago was too tempting and i actually thought this might be good. Pissed about this.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Common sense would dictate that the game was never going to do well with critics. The game setting and gameplay mechanics have been done many times over. Also the trailer didn't show how it would stand out. In fact I can definitely say that the zombie setting has hit a fatigue in the gaming industry. The only reason for the hype was because it was a first party title and it looked super pretty. I still even remember when the last of us was announced and people were concerned with the game setting. That was over 5 years ago.

Oct 30, 2017
Making any kind of open world game is ambitious, and compared to its peers of games like Mafia 3 and Homefront The Revolution an open world game from a core team of 130 people and having the exist on the border between decent and good is an accomplishment any studio should be proud of.

Putting in 20 hours and not seeing that as sufficient sunk cost to play through the rest of it is a valid indictment of the game in my eyes. You can write a review on the parts of the movie you saw before you walked out so long as you say you walked out.
It took me 40 hours to beat God of War. Do you think the first 20 hours are in any way similar to the latter 20 hours in terms of story or character development? If someone is saying that remarks about Deacon's character are disingenuous to what the developers intended in their storyline, then I'd consider it problematic to cast judgment on a game that is left unfinished.

Mecaknight

Banned
Oct 2, 2018
The number of people desperatly wanting to like this game just because it has the sony watermark is quite astounding.

Aren't you bored of open world already? Are you ready to play the 14th exact same game with fetch quests and the same activities recycled for 30 hours? It was obvious it would come out as a generic representative of the genre, can you really blame the reviewers for telling how it is?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
never expected those destructoid, ign and gamespot reviews

going to play this game day one tomorrow as I was already sold

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering Klepek only played 20 hours of it before writing his review, it would make sense if some reviewers didn't actually play the game to completion.

Isn't this on Sony for not providing review copies at least a week in advance for a game which has a large open World and lots of content?

How much longer didn't reviewers get with God of War or Spider-Man for example?

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And right on cue, people start with the predictable 'reviwers didn't finish the game 100% theories' lmao.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
From the EGM review:

EGM said:
Hordes vary wildly in size, too, and only a few come anywhere near the jaw-dropping numbers on display in the original E3 2016 demo.

This isn't the proper place to speculate on any development troubles, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention just how much of Days Gone has been downgraded from prerelease demos. Take a look at the earlier videos and the finished game side by side, and it's obvious Bend made some serious cuts for the sake of getting something out the door on schedule. Lighting and environmental interactivity have seen clear cutbacks from the initial reveal.
WTF!?!

In all the recent preview footage, the game looked far better than it did even in the E3 videos, so how could it be downgraded from that?? Also hearing that the Hordes don't match the one seen in the reveal trailer in terms of sheer numbers is also highly disappointing.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
I guess you either like it or hate it. If the game looks good to you then a 71 or 72 isn't bad. If you were on the fence then it's probably best to wait.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
So in other words Kallie is full of shit on this one.

What a shitty thing to say and assert to a person who is just putting their opinion out there.

The Tweet can point out someone missing nuance without being called an asshole for trying to undermine someone. Reading the tweet it doesn't seem malicious though. Wonder if she finished the game or cared to pay attention after feeling the cutscene's and dialogue are apparently horrendous. I've dozed off during cut scenes a bunch of times for the same reason.