• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
generic open world action game is this gens generic fps. I always have one I'm playing through a lot of dumb fun to be had when you need to kill 30 mins.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Another open world game would have been fine if it was as creative and well-executed as Horizon. The thematic overlap with TLOU is the real foul imo.

All the Horizon had was its art design really. The bland writing and repetitive content that Days Gone is being criticised for was present in that game too. It's just we've seen this post-apocalyptic setting in a ton of other media already.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was obvious.

If all you could offer was "We have a lot of zombies on screen!" then I don't expect you to deliver a groundbreaking game.

It looked average from the start but still a good score removed from the Sony average.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is probably the curse of 'CrapGamer' as he has been heavily pro Sony lately and even had the Days Gone collector's edition pre-ordered due to hype.

And MGB lol. A few of the prominent Xbox social media/YT guys moved over to Sony recently, and now this lol. Kind of interested to see what kind of videos they come out with.

All the Horizon had was its art design really. The bland writing and repetitive content that Days Gone is being criticised for was present in that game too. It's just we've seen this post-apocalyptic setting in a ton of other media already.

Nah. HZD had arguably the best combat in any open world game. Unbelievably cool and interesting to fight robot machines, and a genuinely fascinating, deep and rich sci-fi narrative. It was an incredible game, and Aloy was a decent character.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Damn you know it's a spicy review thread when the first page was optimism and you come back a little over 2 hours later and the title has a "SEE STAFF POST"

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Traversal in ISS was incredibly fluid and fun. Combat was meh though and the structure of the world was super shallow and generic.

giphy.gif

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reminder--Horizon Zero Dawn was made by the same studio who made Killzone Shadow Fall. This might be Bend's Shadow Fall.

This post right here is an example of just how toxic and pathetic things can get out here on Era. Predicting game failures is a really twisted way of looking at things.
Or it may be their Drive Club.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Sounds like the story is still good, so I look forward to playing this game in a few months for a cheaper price.

So anyone who makes open world games r fucked too cuz of Rdr2?

Honestly, after playing Sekiro I went and re-watched the Ghost trailer. Literally everything in that trailer minus the graphics are done better in Sekiro.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Patrick literally calls the game pointless, I wouldn't even bother playing it if you share a similar taste for games as him.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
This thread is some pure gold. Seriously some of the comments here and the logic behind them is out of this world. :D

Anyway, watched EA's review and can not wait for my CE to arrive tomorrow. This weekend hordes will fall, bikes will broken and guns will be fired.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017

And a highly likeable protag, lovely combat system, nice lore, but hey, let's ignore all that.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Name another game with a premise similar to Horizon Zero Dawn. The robot dinosaur + tribal human factions in the year 3000 is incredibly fresh and unique.

"Post-apocalyptic" doesn't tell you much about the game itself or even the setting, when that term can include Breath of the Wild, The Last of Us, Nier Automata, etc etc.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Slant calling this game a "void" has to be the harshest words I've ever heard to criticize a game. Jesus.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
It was so strange reading posts like "you will be surprised" and "don't believe the haters" when you play the game and it's so mediocre and buggy.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
The technical issues are what I find particularly disconcerting. I don't mind playing games in the 7's (or lower) but if the game is a buggy mess no thanks.

I don't play open-world action games myself, but can you think of one that didn't have bugs or inconsistent performance? Even the highest rated ones aren't free from some hiccups.

With the Unreal 4 engine and the scope of Days Gone, it's a ton of work, especially for Bend's team.

It's totally fine to prefer a much more polished linear experience. This isn't a game I'm hyped for, but technical issues aren't the factor that would dissuade me playing this.

That comes with the territory! And the bugs may not even be as bad you fear.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
User banned(3 days): Sweeping generalizations and whataboutism, taking into account history of previous infractions
Disagreed completely. Only the 4th power was meh, the rest, especially neon was a blast.
ResetEra: A forum where people will rightly bemoan working conditions of people in the industry, but won't bat an eye at taking a dump from on high on those same dev's hard work as long as it's in an attempt to be funny.

Guess this forum isn't unique in that though, just thought it should be better here.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Similar scores to dying light. Hoped for 80+. Hopefully it sells well enough so Bend can attempt another AAA game.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I really like EZA's review by Jones. He thoughtfully explains the things he enjoys and dislikes, never crapping on the game too much or acting like it's a game without a lot of flaws. Some of these incredibly low scores with reviews just trashing the game I can't take seriously. Reviews are obviously opinions, and sure maybe people really don't like the game at all, but there's a reason I take EZA's opinion over so many others.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
ResetEra: A forum where people will rightly bemoan working conditions of people in the industry, but won't bat an eye at taking a dump from on high on those same dev's hard work as long as it's in an attempt to be funny.

Guess this forum isn't unique in that though, just thought it should be better here.

I didn't say anything about that...