• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1.5/5 from Slant
https://www.slantmagazine.com/games...nds-your-submission-to-the-content-treadmill/
Days Gone is the apotheosis of the more-is-more philosophy: more bars to fill, more gates to progress, more zombies per square inch because "more" is supposed to fill the hole where some semblance of meaning ought to be. It's the purest example yet of the video game as mere content to be consumed, down to the very fact that each storyline you're supposed to be emotionally invested in is marked with a completion percentage. Days Gone is a void.

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
Expected better from bend, now i'm thinking they aimed far higher than they should have
What do u think will happen if the game fails critically but sells well? I really hope the outcome will be a new smaller scale IP.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm, i'm really torn. Most reviewers knock it for mostly narrative reasons. Which is - of course - absolutely right.
But i just want a game to keep busy and grind some open world shit while i listen to other stuff on my phone ... 😫

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking at these reviews and a lot of posters' comments are not consistent with the scores.

Yes you again are just cherry picking impressions.
Lol, sure. We all go with reviewers we trust for the most part. I wouldn't say Dan Ryckert is one for me, overall. I would say most at Waypoint are and well, the game sounds shitty on a lot of fronts.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
It always looked like a 7/10 game. I'm sure there's fun to be had with it, but it was never going to be another Sony GotY contender. Sale for me.

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
Hardcore Gamer - 8
Videogamer - 8
Attack of the Fanboy - 8
We Got This Covered - 8
Gameinformer - 7.8
Easy Allies - 7.5
Push Square - 7
Trusted Reviews - 7
Press Start - 7
USgamer - 7
CGMagazine - 6.5
IGN - 6.5
Critical Hit - 6.5
Gamingtrend - 6
Stevivor - 6
Destructoid - 6
Metro - 6
EGM - 5.5
Gamespot - 5
Slant Magazine - 3

Eurogamer - No Recommendation
ACG - Wait For Sale

Metacritic: 71%
Opencritic: 71%

fair-man.png

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't think you can use TLOU as to why this game is reviewing poorly.

Some games are just not great. This is one of them Evidently

I'm not saying TLOU is the reason this reviewed poorly, but that Bend should have gone with a different project altogether because of the proximity of their idea vs direct first party competitors, who've already absolutely nailed it.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
First Anthem, now Days Gone...

I regret making fun of people saying both will flop critically in the flop prediction thread.

Well in all fairness Anthem was a Bioware/EA GaaS title so expecting it to be trash was a safe bet. Days Gone didn't have nearly that looming stigma so it could have gone either way imo.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Saw these scores a mile away, the game always looked like a watered down TLOU. The studio has a long way to go before being one of Sonys' golden geese.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well there it is.

It's exactly what I expected. And it's exactly what it looked from everything they showed.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a mixed bag - exactly as I have been saying this entire time but apparently that means I've been "unfairly hating it".

This will still sell well

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Might as well just cancel my pre order and see what the hell this whole slave shit is about. Will get it if it turns out to be nothing.

A shame because I was really looking forward to the game.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews sound about what I expected. I'll check it out in the future but def not a day one for me right now.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't people see these scores coming a mile away? People have been saying it since day one yet there was always a handful proclaiming it to be something better.
This. While it did improve from a technical standpoint over time, everything looked pretty straight forward outside of the freaker horde gameplay which looks awesome.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Man this sucks. I'll still get it on a sale but wow. This feels like Crackdown 3 all over again

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Why did Bend even make this, why did Sony need 2 visually similar looking zombie games?

Also why are they the only 1st party that didn't use one of the 1st party engines but went with UE4?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Bend studio on watch?

Its easy to see where the fault points might have been with this game in hindsight, but even i didnt expect Bend to get drop the ball like this.

Sony first party standards have a lot to live up to, so these kinds of games are nothing but black marks.
I'm looking at their portfolio. What did people expect? Syphon Filter was decades ago by now.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao the amount of people in the preview threads shilling like 'can't wait until you all eat crow when the reviews come out'.

Well now.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This really gonna land in the 60s huh

Damn shame when 2018 had the double whammy of God of War and Spidey, not to mention Astro Bot

Third parties are carrying this year

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Oh well. I guess this can be constructed as the actual break of Sony's AAA review streak. But it was inevitable and I'm sure the game will still sell well

Oct 27, 2017
wow, what's this stuff about selling slaves? WTF

The thing is, Deacon sucks. He doesn't just suck because he moves around the world as if he's just learning to walk and super frustrating to control around packs of zombies, he sucks because the game tries to present him as a morally complex anti-hero and it doesn't land. It's one thing to present players with a character they're supposed to feel conflicted about, but what am I supposed to do with a person who says you "can't shoot a woman unless you have to," while later selling a woman he saved to a labor camp, knowing she'll spend her whole life digging ditches for the tyrant running the place?

From Waypoint's review.
Not the first game to do this. In dragon age ii you could return a former slave to their former master.