• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Uninteresting boring looking game confirmed to be uninteresting and boring.

Probably gonna land mid 60s on Meta

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
It's exactly what it looked like to me from the scores. I couldn't understand the praise it was getting here because it looked off from the jump.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Well it's what I thought, just doesn't seem to stand out. Very tough coming off the likes of Horizon and Spider-Man etc.

Oh well, maybe when play it eventually I'll like it enough.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm pretty surprised how bad this has turned out. Despite middling previews they seemed to delay it a fair bit to get things on track. That really sucks :( Sony are yet to send us any review titles so unfortunately I wasn't able to review this one for the embargo, but I've been looking forward to it.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
wow, what's this stuff about selling slaves? WTF

The thing is, Deacon sucks. He doesn't just suck because he moves around the world as if he's just learning to walk and super frustrating to control around packs of zombies, he sucks because the game tries to present him as a morally complex anti-hero and it doesn't land. It's one thing to present players with a character they're supposed to feel conflicted about, but what am I supposed to do with a person who says you "can't shoot a woman unless you have to," while later selling a woman he saved to a labor camp, knowing she'll spend her whole life digging ditches for the tyrant running the place?

From Waypoint's review.
Yeahhhhhh that's not exactly what happens.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get it. The game always looked boring but i was hoping it would surprise us. Even watching some reviews just now i got bored by how bland it looks

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I never understood the hype here for this game. People were predicting millions sold. It looks so unappealing.

Looks like the reviews are verifying my suspicions.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Turns out generic was the right word after all. Who would have thought...Oh wait anyone with eyes.

gschmidl

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I will never get why people think a 7 is a bad/mediocre game.
A 7 mean a good game, not great, but good.

If a garbage fire like FO76 still sits at 51, we're going to have to ditch the 0-50 end of the scale and adjust expectations accordingly, that's why people call a 7 bad/mediocre.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Over at USG, I gave Days Gone a 3.5 out of 5.

Days Gone, like its protagonist Deacon St. John, does not want to let you know what's going on underneath the surface. It's content to close whole parts of itself off from you for much of the game. Instead, you have to fight, trudge, and cajole Days Gone to show you the goods. It's an odd choice, one that feels potentially correct thematically, but not right for players.

Oddly enough, this is a different 3.5 than I gave an earlier release this week. Mortal Kombat 11 is a fantastic game, surrounded by some poorly-implementation single-player modes. Days Gone has some highlights, but most of it is just average.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Ouch. I never thought the game looked interested but I expected 80s. It looked like a very well made game at least.

Nov 18, 2018
Yikes, did not expect that but I feel like I should've. My main concern from the beginning was the writing and it looks like that's about as bad as I thought. I think I'll still enjoy it a reasonable amount but I probably shouldn't have preordered.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Bend studio on watch?

Its easy to see where the fault points might have been with this game in hindsight, but even i didnt expect Bend to get drop the ball like this.

Sony first party standards have a lot to live up to, so these kinds of games are nothing but black marks.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, Deacon sucks. He doesn't just suck because he moves around the world as if he's just learning to walk and super frustrating to control around packs of zombies, he sucks because the game tries to present him as a morally complex anti-hero and it doesn't land. It's one thing to present players with a character they're supposed to feel conflicted about, but what am I supposed to do with a person who says you "can't shoot a woman unless you have to," while later selling a woman he saved to a labor camp, knowing she'll spend her whole life digging ditches for the tyrant running the place?
Oh lawd kill it with fire

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
6/10 from Stevivor
https://stevivor.com/reviews/days-gone-review-dead-arrival/

Deacon, his mate Boozer and the remaining inhabitants of Oregon have decent stories to tell (when they're not padded with filler quests, that is). When bugs aren't present, things generally flow pretty well, keeping my claim that this is State of Decay with a budget an accurate one. The big problem is, the current state of affairs means Days Gone practically goes out of its way to hamper enjoyment; unoriginal yet decent systems are continually hampered by a lack of polish quite uncommon in Sony first-party titles. At the eve of PS5 near-announcements, it's sad to see Sony's powerhouse console finish up on a sour note such as this. While patches may be able to salvage quite a few of its bugs, there are some questionable design decisions that certainly can't be fixed as easily.