• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Even with the delays they couldn't get this one right. Ouch.

This will definitely hurt sales but it should still sell okay. It's a big Sony exclusive and it's been a while since we've had one

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
i thought it would be in the 70s and be a good game suffering from derivative factor, but it seems to be worse than i expected in the actual gameplay department

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
6/10 from Metro

In Short: A peculiarly constructed open world zombie game that sidelines its most unique features in favour of generic action and unengaging storytelling.

Pros: The zombie hordes are an impressive technical feat and learning to deal with them is interesting. Competent gameplay mechanics and plenty of content.

Cons: The story and characters, and really the game as a whole, is very derivative and dry, with repetitive missions and a strange lack of zombies for a lot of the time. Score: 6/10

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/25/days-gone-review-the-motorcycling-dead-9317567/?ito=cbshare

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Well, it is not like a lot of us tried to warn that something was off with this game from the first trailer. It is The Order all over again.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well, at least it looks visually nice. They did a nice job on that front.

I enjoyed the game, though. It's not amazing, but it kept me going. Then again, I also liked Crackdown 3 (more than Days Gone even).

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Bummer on the scores. Guess this game will be their Crackdown 3.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm. I think I'll be cancelling my preorder and holding off until it drops in price.

I've got plenty to keep me busy for now.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
7.75 from Game Informer

OrMVvxn.png

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can only think that the great streak of exclusives the PS4 had let people believe this would be another hit, because I don't know what you could have saw in those previews to make you think it would be.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
hmm yeah, this is sorta what I feared. Guess I'll get it when there's some good discounts then. Sorry Bend =/

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I was never hyped at all but intrigued all the same. Sucks for the development team, all these years and they couldn't deliver a better product.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I waited and didn't put down full price on this. The slog and lack of variety sound really bad.

Tuna

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that it didn't turn out great, but I'm also glad that it isn't getting a pass just for being a high budget single player game. Everything from the previews looked incredibly bland, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I was really counting on this being good. Was ready to order a copy today and everything :/

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Sony first-party streak ruined

Put Bend on Syphon Filter next gen please

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's getting massacred.
Is it wrong I find some sick satisfaction in this?
I'm pretty sure you're not the only one considering Era pretty much went out of their way to shit on the game since the very beginning.
It's a bummer that the game turned out the way it did, but i'm sure all of the people won't go out of their way to say I told you so.(yes they will)

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The PlayStation Metacritic streak is over, they were doing so good but this game looked awful since the day that it was announced

Mar 15, 2018
We've put ours live too - 8/10 (PlayStation Universe) - https://www.psu.com/reviews/days-gone-review/

Days Gone then, is not quite what we thought it was going to be when we first saw it. With its metamorphosis into a solidly enjoyable, traditional open-world action adventure with real heart now complete, it runs the risk of inviting comparison with the genre greats that it will not survive. It's not a 10/10 game certainly, but still, for those whose stomachs permit another open-world meal of this magnitude, Days Gone proves to be quite the delectable, fulfilling banquet indeed.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow, what's this stuff about selling slaves? WTF

The thing is, Deacon sucks. He doesn't just suck because he moves around the world as if he's just learning to walk and super frustrating to control around packs of zombies, he sucks because the game tries to present him as a morally complex anti-hero and it doesn't land. It's one thing to present players with a character they're supposed to feel conflicted about, but what am I supposed to do with a person who says you "can't shoot a woman unless you have to," while later selling a woman he saved to a labor camp, knowing she'll spend her whole life digging ditches for the tyrant running the place?

From Waypoint's review.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Ouch.

Not that I am happy with the outcome, but this was expected from the very first gameplay reveal.

Generic characters, open world, and plot. As many reviewers said this feels like a game that should have been released 5 years ago.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expected a 7/10 from what was told from the Schreiers of this world after previews
Meh-Game that looks good