• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Dead Rising 3 had a 10GB update and everyone blew their collective minds ?

how far we've come .. in the same generation even.

24GB update sounds like it's half the game's content being re-downloaded after being optimized.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I knew i made the right decision to wait and play this on PS5. Technical aspect of the game will be a lot different than on launch.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone has a lot of potential for ps5 improvements depending on how far they go with it. Obviously 60 fps by itself would be a game changer, and I hope that's the case.

In addition to that, the game suffers from some pretty obvious pop in and LOD stuff that could be improved. In addition, zombie gore and blood is very inconsistent. At times, when zombies are isolated, we get great hit feedback and effects and gore, but most of the time, particularly when they're in groups, all of that is completely missing -- presumably due to limited CPU resources. I don't really *expect* this, but the days gone devs have gone above and beyond before so I do have a fantasy in my mind that they rework some of this so that the gore and hit reactions are more consistent across the board. In a game where shooting zombies is a big focus it'd be nice if it was implemented more evenly.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I don't know if anyone knows but I wonder, if this update really includes PS5 upgrades will they only be activated when the console launches or they are already active just with no way for us to know?

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017

New Game loads take about 26s.

Load of my full complete save takes 1:07.

So not quite super loads. 🙄

Edit: I loaded the new game after already loading my save file and it somehow messed with the time taken. Normal New Game loads are the same as a load of my complete save.

Last edited:

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
I would love to play Days Gone again.... but also, I'd love to swallow a jar full of thumbtacks more. I mean, I'll give it a shot I guess...

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Gonna play Days Gone again on PS5, if the loading times are much better.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
I wonder if the overall install size has been reduced, can anyone confirm?

This does make me hopeful for bloodborne. As this patch seems like a significant piece of work.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
My game right now is 60.98gb, the update is 31gb, I'll check back and see if the size of the game changes after the patch. Or not I see that an earlier patch already reduced the size of the game.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
We can all agree this is the most insane post launch game i've ever see without having any paid dlc. Can't wait to see what they are working next.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should be fun to finish NG+ on the PS5. I'm at least assured some improvements since I only played it on the base PS4.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
This just being a game I'll own in a couple weeks is pretty sweet. I hope I like it, I was hesitant to purchase it, but I've heard decent things about it.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
What is interesting is that patch 1.60 actually loads faster then patch 1.61 in respect to first load, as shown in the video at @7:11. The latest patch doesn't seem to improve load times either as shown @12:23:

Also the file is size is marginally smaller with the update.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
I'm chuffed I held off on playing Days Gone and God of War this year. This winter I'll play on PS5.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Was there always an initial load before the game gets to the main menu, just wondering if thats new.

These are the load time comparison from the same save on my PS4 Pro

External USB HDD 39 seconds
Internal SSD 25/21seconds... here I loaded the save twice and it was slightly faster

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I made some tests here, my 2 first videos show that it takes longer after the new update
1.70 takes 10-11 seconds more than 1.61

Ps4 amateur + game on external HDD launched after full reset