• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome :D. I got this for Black Friday last year but never got around to playing it. Between the patches and this new update, it looks like it's going to be the perfect time to jump in :D.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn! This is exactly what I want to see from Sony.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
AFAIK there is no dynamic 4K 60 mode available in Days Gone when played on a PS4Pro - the framerate is capped at 30. The game was patched last week - I presume that update added a query to the game to change that framerate cap to 60 when played on a PS5.
Pretty hard to tell

What is the PS4 game experience like on PS5?
PS4 titles get even better on PS5. Select PS4 titles will see increased loading speeds on the PS5 console, and will also leverage Game Boost, offering improved or more stable frame rates. Some titles with unlocked frame rates or dynamic resolution up to 4K may see higher fidelity. Additionally, PS4 games will also take advantage of some of PS5's new UX features, but more to come on that later.
blog.playstation.com

PS4 games on PS5: Your top questions answered

Details on backward compatibility, how Game Boost enhances select PS4 titles, and more.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
AFAIK there is no dynamic 4K 60 mode available in Days Gone when played on a PS4Pro - the framerate is capped at 30. The game was patched last week - I presume that update added a query to the game to change that framerate cap to 60 when played on a PS5.
Yep. There is probably hope that GoW tweet with favor performance mode does not actually mean just 1080p/60, they could have adjusted resolution for that mode when game is played on PS5 hardware.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I will probably pick up DG for PS5 then, given I haven't got the game yet. I understand it was a bit buggy at launch but I assume that's been fixed up?

Looks like a fun zombie shooter at least :)

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
Have they added an option to turn the main character's quips off? They are literally one of the worst things I've experienced in a video game.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this game under rated or does it deserve its scores? I thought about subbing to ps now to play it

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Had this for ages, but never got round to playing it, so I'm glad I waited now lol. Hope there's a some kind of "upgrade" for HZD...

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
So it's not a patch, but just PS5's Game Boost doing its thing. Not that much work I guess, but it's enough

Finally we can play the game with a decent frame rate lol
I believe its just BC using boost, but it still needs a patch for the new features. The original game was capped at 30, boost in this case wouldn't uncap the games frame rate. The original was also checkboard 4K, who knows if this is similar. GOW is the one doing 60 FPS without a patch, since that already had a performance mode.

Moosichu

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty hard to tell

What is the PS4 game experience like on PS5?
PS4 titles get even better on PS5. Select PS4 titles will see increased loading speeds on the PS5 console, and will also leverage Game Boost, offering improved or more stable frame rates. Some titles with unlocked frame rates or dynamic resolution up to 4K may see higher fidelity. Additionally, PS4 games will also take advantage of some of PS5's new UX features, but more to come on that later.
blog.playstation.com

PS4 games on PS5: Your top questions answered

Details on backward compatibility, how Game Boost enhances select PS4 titles, and more.

Yeah - this is definetely using Game Boost - for some reason Sony haven't yet explicitly said that devs can add PS5 profiles (in addition to PS4 Pro and base PS4) to existing PS4 sku's in order to take advantage of the extra speeds Game Boost offers. Microsoft have been very open about their solution though so I assume this is somewhat similar.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
❤️ you Bend Studio.
rejoice.png

I hope it's pretty stable.

We're waiting Naughty Dog~

The Lost Legacy. 60fps.

I don't care much about A Thief's End though.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kudos to Sucker Punch & Bend Studio for actually bothering to enhance their games for PS5, even if it is as simple as uncapping the framerate.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I wonder if this is like Ghost of Tsushima, where it's using a special mode under backwards compatibility boost or is it a new PS5 version, I'm assuming the former considering it got a large update a few days ago.
Anyway it's on the ps plus collection so I'm definitely gonna play that.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Wow! Is this an upgrade or just unlocking the framerate and res for PS4 compatibility boost mode?

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
And this is why I never play any of the Sony first-party towards the end of the generation, because I knew PlayStation 5 was going to update them and I would enjoy it and the most highest resolution with frame rate.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
Nice! I've always wanted to play it but kept putting it off. With it being part of the PS Plus edition, plus 60 fps/dynamic 4k, I'm glad I waited.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Very cool! Never played it, will for sure test it out with the collection-thing.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
LET'S FUCKING GO!!!
It was the game I own I was holding off on start playing until I had a PS5