• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone with a digital Preorder in Europe confirm that this pre order theme is also available to us? The game description in Europe does not have it listed unlike in the US. So is it US exclusive???

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The same reviewers who give it a low score for "not being original enough" will be the same ones who complain about the studio shutting down when the game doesn't do well.

Like yes, valid criticism is good, and studio closures are at least in part on the backs of the studio owners, but it feels disingenuous to simultaneously care about a studios future while being petty and doing what you can to bury it.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Another guy beat the game

Very quick thoughts here and no spoilers.

I really enjoyed the game and I would definitely give this a solid 7.5 (to compare I rated TLOU an 8.5) now you may think that's low but I don't rate any game a 10 and it's gotta be something special to be a 9 so 7.5 is probably a 8.5 to 9 for most people.

There is a lot of good and also some bad but nothing to really hurt my enjoyment. I will say the samey quest types really had me rushing through them as they are just boring and ultimately a yawn fest.

I didn't expect anything special from this game, but, I was pleasantly surprised by the overall experience.

Time to complete the story = 25 hours Time to do everything else = 18 hours

If you played normally you can add 5 hours plus.

The game ran rather well with the patches and a big step up from launch version (PS4 pro).

Replay ability for me is low and I doubt I'll play it again until new content gets added, but, this is a 50 plus hour solo experience which is still fantastic.

Anyone who is on the fence, don't be it's worth every penny.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DaysGone/comments/bgk9yn/just_got_100_very_quick_thoughts/

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Hope reviewers have played a bit on 1.03 and adjusted theirs cons over performance issues

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
The German magazine M!Games reviewed the game in the current issue, which I got three days early as a subscriber. They reviewed version 1.02.

Pros:

- Land idyll with nasty zombie troops
- Many interesting NPCs
- Giant freaker hordes with daytime dependent behaviour
- Fine graphics

Cons:

- Sometimes the game crashes
- Cutscenes often get interrupted by loading screens
- Popups and poor framerate in later parts of the game (even on PS4 Pro)
- Generic mission design

The score is 83%. Overall they really liked the game. The soundtrack reminds them of The Last of Us. I think the biggest point of criticism are the repetitive and generic missions, story missions are marked with a yellow symbol.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The German magazine M!Games reviewed the game in the current issue, which I got three days early as a subscriber. They reviewed version 1.02.

Pros:

- Many interesting NPCs
- Fine graphics

Cons:

- Generic mission design

The score is 83%. Overall they really liked the game. The soundtrack reminds them of The Last of Us. I think the biggest point of criticism are the repetitive and generic missions, story missions are marked with a yellow symbol.
Thanks for translating this.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we've had about 3 people that have completed the game that have basically all rated it around 8 to 8.5/10. I'm guessing 78-85 MC is pretty much locked at this point.
The player in question rated the game a 75/7.5 and I think they'll be more forgiving and less critical than the reviewers who have harbored preconceived notions about the game from the moment of its unveiling. I know many of them have now recanted and acknowledge that they are in fact looking forward to the game but I think anyone expecting an 85 as the high end for the game will need to reconsider. 79-82 is my revised estimate and even with that, the game will still sell incredibly well and will ensure that Bend can proceed to make whatever games they want or continue this franchise in the future.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I wonder if the "samey missions" means something like RDR2 were most has the same design, I wouldn't find that a problem as long as the story is good.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think this might be the best looking UE4 game out there right now

I am watching some videos and damn... looks hot as hell

A pitty the animations are so janky though. They are especially bad compared to how good everything else is, fidelity-wise. It feels very low-budget-ish.

Hopefully they can up their game on this aspect for the next one.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this one of the games where you can say I can climb that mountain I see in the background? Or are some things off limits

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I think this might be the best looking UE4 game out there right now

I am watching some videos and damn... looks hot as hell

A pitty the animations are so janky though. They are especially bad compared to how good everything else is, fidelity-wise. It feels very low-budget-ish.

Hopefully they can up their game on this aspect for the next one.
I'm sure with the success of Days Gone (hopefully) Sony Bend studio will grow. A 130 person team on a project this big is no easy task.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to have similar complaints to a lot of other open world games. Can't wait to see a freaker horde for myself though.

Neosp

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019

Pros:

- Many interesting NPCs
- Fine graphics

Cons:

- Generic mission design

Generic and repetetive missions...Why am I not surprised?

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Generic and repetetive missions...Why am I not surprised?
To be fair not a lot of open world games hide repetitive side content well. If the gameplay loop is good enough, than side content should be OK. As long as controls are fine usually loop is addictive.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I've always heard that a lot of a games performance issues are worked on in like the last couple months and the game went gold on 3/8 so I can see the day one patch being pretty significant for performance stuff. I mean that's just me guessing but I would hope a game this long in development, especially a Sony game, be fairly solid on the performance front.

germuso

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
qLVxEvG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.