• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Because I generally don't track people's posting habits and really don't ever care to?

This isn't about tracking posting habits. You suggested the lack of an Edge in the OP, Loudninja told you why it wasn't part of this thread. Unless ofcourse his point totally flew over your head.

As a consequence, I wondered why you questioned the lack of a single preview if you didn't care about the reason.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't about tracking posting habits. You suggested the lack of an Edge in the OP, Loudninja told you why it wasn't part of this thread. Unless ofcourse his point totally flew over your head.

As a consequence, I wondered why you questioned the lack of a single preview if you didn't care about the reason.

Their response was essentially when was the last time they updated the OP

My reply was in line with that.

Mar 29, 2018
I wonder why this game has been so divisive since the reveal.
I'd like to think it's because half of the audience see it as yet another soft-playing cinematic third person action adventure in a post apocalypse with grimdark vibes, while the other half see the deep, deep potential of the dynamic world and AI systems that could be really exciting

Last edited:

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Their response was essentially when was the last time they updated the OP

My reply was in line with that.

I think I need to spell this out for you.

OP was lasted edited on the 12th of March, said Days Gone preview was published three days ago in Edge magazine.

There's nothing to source except some bullet points by a reader.

Next time care to check what's up.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I need to spell this out for you.

OP was lasted edited on the 12th of March, said Days Gone preview was published three days ago in Edge magazine.

There's nothing to source except some bullet points by a reader.

Next time care to check what's up.

Or you know you could just read what I posted? That'd help you alot

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to this game purely as a major Sony release.

Saw the reveal gameplay I guess it was a couple of E3s ago. Haven't followed it since, so going in dark. No expectations other than hopefully fun traversal of an open world on an upgradable motorcycle.

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be my first major new release with a 4K HDR TV and PS4 Pro, looking forward to it.

Going in mostly blind other than initial reveal and recent story trailer.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Looking forward to this game purely as a major Sony release.

Saw the reveal gameplay I guess it was a couple of E3s ago. Haven't followed it since, so going in dark. No expectations other than hopefully fun traversal of an open world on an upgradable motorcycle.
I'm the same, I don't know much about it. I have it preordered and I'm stoked.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Season 1, Episode 1 of The Walking Dead TV show is titled Days Gone By. Is there where Bend got the title inspiration from for this game?

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Been on the fence about this game for awhile now. Played it at PAX. I was so not happy with how it controls. Maybe it was the TV but I demo'd it twice at PAX to see if I was just fooling myself the first time.

It felt so sluggish to me to the point it hampered my my enjoyment.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Been on the fence about this game for awhile now. Played it at PAX. I was so not happy with how it controls. Maybe it was the TV but I demo'd it twice at PAX to see if I was just fooling myself the first time.

It felt so sluggish to me to the point it hampered my my enjoyment.
Like the fluidity of the character's movement or unresponsive?

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
A plush toy looking like that would cause issues lol

Just to tell you it is really nothing like state of decay in its structure.
In a good or bad way? I didn't really like how straw thin your over arching objective was in SoD2. Roaming around looking for those hearts.. I kept telling myself, ok the game's story is really gonna kick off once I've destroyed all these hearts... but the savaging, zombies and resource management I loved.

Hoping Days Gone has that but with a more structured plot?

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
In a good or bad way? I didn't really like how straw thin your over arching objective was in SoD2. Roaming around looking for those hearts.. I kept telling myself, ok the game's story is really gonna kick off once I've destroyed all these hearts... but the savaging, zombies and resource management I loved.

Hoping Days Gone has that but with a more structured plot?
I mean like building a base a and micro micromanaging it.You still have to keep your bike repaired, and fill with gas,repair your weapons,find resources and all that.

I cant comment on SOD2 story since I have not play it but Days Gone seem very story heavy with 6 hours of cutscenes.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
It's been happening for like a year. I don't really know what else ppl want Sony to do. It ain't no god of war or Spider-Man it's not showing up at nba game or anything of that nature. I've seen some ads before movies. YouTube ads etc that's it.

The game is out in a few weeks. It's not gonna be quiet until then.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Some details about the different difficulty levels.

On easy you have some kind of auto-aim ala rockstar, and for example on hard you can't tag the enemy with the binocular, also no aim assist whatsoever, it's kinda like the difficulty levels on tlou, not just more raw damage from enemies etc.

Last edited:

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I dont know if it was already posted but here is 45 minutes of gameplay in VOSTFR... It may be spoilery, I didnt watch it entirely. I just know that we can see the loading times. Its apparently on PS4 pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXFN6MLAZ98

edit: woops apparently it was posted in another Days gone thread. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Some details about the different difficulty levels.

On easy you have some kind of auto-aim ala rockstar, and for example on hard you can't tag the enemy with the binocular, also no aim assist whatsoever, it's kinda like the difficulty levels on tlou, not just more raw damage from enemies etc.

Any other details about Hard?

Jan 20, 2019
I dont know if it was already posted but here is 45 minutes of gameplay in VOSTFR... It may be spoilery, I didnt watch it entirely. I just know that we can see the loading times. Its apparently on PS4 pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXFN6MLAZ98

edit: woops apparently it was posted in another Days gone thread. I'm sorry.

Unfortuanly my work internet is not working very well today.

But, from what i saw i like it. Nice graphics and the minimal hud is awesome.

Im gonna watch a little more later today.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Preordered to give it a chance. Normally not the biggest fan of zombie/outbreak games but this looks solid.

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting to see what's up with the install of the game, with most reporting 67GB and a few others at about 40GB. Really hoping we don't get screwed with some mandatory 27GB install. But, I think all reviewers just have digital copies, so nobody is in a position to know how the disc situation will be handled.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting to see what's up with the install of the game, with most reporting 67GB and a few others at about 40GB. Really hoping we don't get screwed with some mandatory 27GB install. But, I think all reviewers just have digital copies, so nobody is in a position to know how the disc situation will be handled.

If Sony forced a 27gb mandatory online requirement to a offline single player narrative title then they need to be highlighted for it like spyro etc because the practice of making offline games have online required downloads is completely fucked

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EU Marketing
ezwfff2m06s21.jpg

Review Copies

Review copy unboxing (Spanish)

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
TheCrackedJack Just to confirm from Morfid_Plays that he has spoken to Sony customer services and PlayStation customer services today and both confirmed days gone will not require a mandatory download from physical

He was also able to get a image of the back of the case confirming this.
image0.png

image0.png

image0.png

Nov 8, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.