• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only just getting to last week's Beastcast, but Dan was saying it was choppy, basically. Did anyone else say that?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, that's weird. He's not even one to normally bring up frame rate like others are. Not saying he's looking to shit on it for any reason, but when he's down on a game...he does get down.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, that's weird. He's not even one to normally bring up frame rate like others are. Not saying he's looking to shit on it for any reason, but when he's down on a game...he does get down.
Not saying there still not issues here or there since the devs said they are still working hard to make sure they hit that target.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only just getting to last week's Beastcast, but Dan was saying it was choppy, basically. Did anyone else say that?

Not that I've seen. Most every preview mentioned that the game runs much better now and I don't think I saw any series performance complaints. I'm honestly not sure what they were talking about.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Anybody expecting this game to score higher than 85 will be disappointed. I think it will sit around 77-78 which is not that bad considering that Bend is a small team. But you can tell that a few things are subpar.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Only when the story is bad.
I believe 83-85 and when the story is really good, maybe more...

Nice splatter scene from the announcement trailer.

Most people went in to this preview with low/no expectations and came away pleasantly surprised, in part, because of cutscenes/Deacon. I think Bend has the narrative aspect covered, Uncharted Golden Abyss was pretty good.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
It will be fantastic if Deacon turns out to be a great character, especially after all those shitty comments about him being a "generic white dude". Never judge the book by its cover, as they say.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I am curious about the indoor locations.

Maybe there will be something like a big underground military base or a labor.
The scene with the guys in anti toxic suites goes in that direction...

Nov 8, 2017

One of the first things Brandon Jones mentioned was how good the performance is now.

"You can go back to the last time we talked about days gone, and you also played it at that time and the frame rate was not good. A little nervous. It's so much better. This game runs really, really well."

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I'm gonna be honest, I had no idea there were that many gaming-news outlets that did game previews.

Nice OP.

Can't wait to try this game out, it's an enigma.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Anybody expecting this game to score higher than 85 will be disappointed. I think it will sit around 77-78 which is not that bad considering that Bend is a small team. But you can tell that a few things are subpar.
That's what people said about Horizon. I have no expectations other than it at least matching Gravity Rush 2's 80.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
That's what people said about Horizon. I have no expectations other than it at least matching Gravity Rush 2's 80.

Just by looking at the videos, you can tell that the animations are not so great, the AI is average, the shooting lacks weight etc..HZD had an original universe /lore + amazing graphics and smooth gameplay. Days gone has nothing of that. I hope the game scores well though, I'm looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Just by looking at the videos, you can tell that the animations are not so great, the AI is average, the shooting lacks weight etc..HZD had an original universe /lore + amazing graphics and smooth gameplay. Days gone has nothing of that. I hope the game scores well though, I'm looking forward to it.
Most of the preview said the shooting is fine

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Something tells me you weren't around the old site before Horizon launched. Like nothing you said wasn't also applied to Horizon. It was voted to be the biggest flop of 2017 afterall.

Jan 17, 2019

Well, there was an option for choosing difficulty in preview build

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
From what I seen no.

Gamespot, Gameinformer,And Eurogamer DE said it improved thats why gamespot had a better time with it.
I've seen/read quite a few previews since the embargo was lifted, none of them mention low/choppy frame-rate. Game Informer say Bend has improved it from the previous builds.
Some people in here have mentioned that Giant Bomb get things wrong consistently, and given this particular impression, I can believe that the same applies with this preview. The frame rate is either improved, or it's not. It can't be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.