• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
All the new info I gather if I miss some just add it to the list!
New info from previews:
1.The game Has multiple Storylines you can follow at anytime.
2.The Game has 240 collectables including audio logs, and character and backstory specific items
3.There are 40 hordes in the game ,vast majority of them are optional.
4. When you tag an enemy with a diamond will appear above their head that acts as a health bar, also it will turn yellow if thy spotted you
4.Fast traveling will use up gas
5.The game has more then 9 different types of freakers, they want the others to be surprise for players
6.You can quick save on you bike, and quick escape as well by sprinting to the bike and press square
7.The game already has a photomode
8.The game no longer has binary choices, the dens felt that removing them made Deacon A stronger character
9.The Game now has difficulty settings,Easy, Normal and Hard
10.The first hour of the game has change in different ways
11. Radio communication comes through the DualShock speaker
12.As you go though the world random ? marks will appear on you map that you can check out
13.The Freakers sleep standing up
14.You can steal other people bikes to scrap them or used them.
15.You can add decals to your bike

Last edited:

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So the choices you make won't be the typical "X" to say this or "O" to say this other thing, but will be more focused on your actions (like spending the freakers' ears in the different camps or where you send the people you sav)???
Looks like it'll depend on various camp trust meter. I wonder if there will be camp that's not getting along and you have to pick sides. Which will effect the ending.

I'm torn between wanting multiple ending or just 1 defined ending. Multiple ending mean you have to play multiple times to see everything while I like that you can get 100% completion in 1 playthrough for Spider-Man and Horizon

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wonder if survivor storylines will differ depending on which camp you send them to. Lisa survivor story seems pretty detailed. You send her to one of the camp, later you speak to her that she didn't feel right at the camp and later got kidnapped when the camp is attacked.

I want to know if her story will always follow the story about not fitting in and got kidnapped, or there will be different storylines altogether if you sent her to different camp.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
The best on the fly crafting was in The Last of Us. I love that it takes a bit of time, while the game still running in the background.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
Cracking impressions! Division 2 will tide me over nicely until this drops. This is going to do REALLY well for Sony and Bend! Can't wait.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
A couple more Loudninja

From the video preview by LevelUp

Days Gone feels like a solid and well made game. The story seems to have purpose and well written, the gameplay is well designed and the learning curve is interesting. If these things are anything to go by, then this could be a very pleasant surprise.

VidaExtra
As entertaining as it is, we can't help but feel like Days Gone is still lacking something to fully appeal to us or make it stand out from the crowd. We've already said that it has some interesting ideas, but we still don't know whether they'll make the most of them to turn it into one of the greatest releases of the year.

Eurogamer Spain
With all the things it brings on the table, Days Gone is, sincerely, a great game. It won't be groundbreaking or revolutionary, but it will definitely be a solid release. Many people will mistake this for mediocrity, but I'd like to remind those people that just because it doesn't stand out doesn't mean it's just one more of the bunch.

Meristation MX
Since we could see the great work Bend Studio has done, pumping bits of the best things we've seen in open world games, we can say that Days Gone is shaping up to be one of the greatest PS4 exclusives.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This will be music to peoples ears.
The controls feel fluid for a third-person perspective, you can hit the enemies directly or stealthily, skid as you run to hide, throw grenades, create weapons on the fly, set traps and access a quick menu of selection weapons or kits that make everything continue without losing rhythm.

The camera has no setbacks, especially in sequences where you have to hide and shoot.
https://as.com/meristation/2019/03/06/mexico/1551865336_299832.html

germuso

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unlikely. Sony exclusive. This will be a 90. Even if game is "average". Review sites wont shake the tree.
Sounds like it's about as mediocre and tired as I had been expecting. Hard pass until it hits PS+ for me.
I'm not entirely sure why Sony keep the studio around. This is the game they've been making since Uncharted GA from 2012, and it's by no means a bad game, but what does it bring to the table? Does it fill a sparse lineup? No, spring 2019 is packed as fuck. Does it bring a unique experience? No, it doesn't differ from all the 3rd party AAA games and it doesn't fall into a certain niche. Is it a GotY contender that gives Sony good PR? No.

Jesus, haters gonna hate

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Just my assumption, but maybe (only?) the Skills menu screen will be 60 fps?

I hope it wont turn the PS4 fan into jet again...

Oct 26, 2017
Dan was pretty harsh. I think It might be the most negative impression i've heard so far, lol.
He's hit or miss when it comes to games that I might like/hate so the game might just end up being fine.

I'll be honest I didn't expect him to like the game since it's so story focused but damn he straight up hated it lol. Hopefully he wont be the one to review it.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GB in general aren't a group that shares my tastes. I would always respect Jeff's opinions of older games and the industry but if anyone is going to them for predictions or opinions on games...yeah. Remember how before this gen their general consensus was they were worried consoles wouldn't sell.

Also Dan loves EVERY Mario party 😂

Oct 26, 2017
I think Vinny would be into Days Gone and I hope he doesn't shy away from playing it. He loved Horizon Zero Dawn but didn't play it till this year because the others poo-pooed it so much.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Giant Bomb staff played Days Gone at the recent preview event and talked about it on a podcast (around the 38:20 mark): https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/episode-198/2970-18880

Honestly they're so jaded on almost everything in the games industry now - unless it's a retro style/influenced game they're generally negative. I enjoy listening to them bc of their humor but watching their E3 reactions/listening to game reactions are almost always negative

I mean go back to the Sony 2016 conference (which was arguably one of their best) - even their God of War reactions were negative because "they kept the same Kratos, how is that believable"

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Is the writer for this game a notable one? I remember feeling pretty good before Horizon Zero Dawn came out because the writer did Fallout New Vegas or something.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As harsh as he is there are other impressions that are super positive so lets not focus on the only negative impression we've had thus far.

Plus it's giant bomb. The last time I think I saw them get even remotely excited was when Jeff played the dreams beta... and even that was barely even evident. They're as cynical as a games media outlet comes.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I loved Dan saying he wanted to like games. The whole crew has been crapping all over Days Gone since it was announced.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Honestly they're so jaded on almost everything in the games industry now - unless it's a retro style/influenced game they're generally negative. I enjoy listening to them bc of their humor but watching their E3 reactions/listening to game reactions are almost always negative

I mean go back to the Sony 2016 conference (which was arguably one of their best) - even their God of War reactions were negative because "they kept the same Kratos, how is that believable"

I think people expect them to be super enthusiastic like the Easy Allies crew. They all have varied tastes and are usually not over the top on stuff they like or find interesting. I guess you can see that as jaded. Not everyone gets excited at every AAA game that is announced or that is coming out. Which is why I love them even if I don't always agree with their opinions. Also, God of War literally made their top 10 games list for that year. It was like number 4 or something.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think people expect them to be super enthusiastic like the Easy Allies crew. They all have varied tastes and are usually not over the top on stuff they like or find interesting. I guess you can see that as jaded. Not everyone gets excited at every AAA game that is announced or that is coming out. Which is why I love them even if I don't always agree with their opinions. Also, God of War literally made their top 5 games list for that year.
But even God of War was heavily contested to make it into their top 5

Jeff and Brad didn't like it and thought the combat/performance wasn't good

I don't expect them to be super happy/excited like Easy Allies or Kinda Funny but at least be a little more optimistic when it comes down reveals. I just feel like they embrace the role of the contrarian way too often

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California

I don't expect them to be super happy/excited like Easy Allies or Kinda Funny but at least be a little more optimistic when it comes down reveals. I just feel like they embrace the role of the contrarian way too often

I see where you're coming from and I don't really feel like they purposely go against the status quo or are contrarian for that matter. I think if you are looking for hype and all that stuff then Easy Allies and KF are a way better fit.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
One thing that I've found irritating in the more negative previews is, why is there some special expectation on Days Gone that it NEEDS to reinvent the wheel. I think it's an odd expectation these days. Are people just tired of videogames? Maybe it's because I've avoided half of the big open world games and have been pretty selective on the genre.

I also still haven't gotten a good answer from anyone as to what other game is doing this specific combination of things on PS4. The closest I can think of is Dying Light, but even that is pretty different in tone and execution.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

I love Giant Bomb for their personalities but honestly I think they mostly have pretty terrible taste collectively. It often feels like they will rave about some mobile game or early access thing as long as it has the whole carrot on a string thing and numbers going up.

There last few years of top 10 debates have actively made me angry.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Previews are a strange beast in the main. They tend to talk at length about positive aspects of the game, but it's always worth noting the small parts where they do cover things they dislike as they are usually pretty telling.
The latest Eurogamer video is a good example, it's titled '5 things we liked about Days Gone and 1 thing we didn't'. Great! you'd think. The positives seem to outweigh the bad.
But when you realise the one thing they didn't like was that after three hours of play they never had any desire to play the game again, it becomes clear it's probably best to wait for the reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.