• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The metro interview... I'm howling
sis... this was me reading the interview

tenor16uj2k.gif

the interviewer did ask good (and important) questions but the way he asked them and his follow-up questions were a bit too much. too "hard hitting journalism" for what's supposed to be a preview event for an upcoming video game. i don't think all questions should be like basic promo for the game, but there's a time and place and this wasn't it. the interview made me respect the director tho, he wasn't too bothered by the questions.

Oct 27, 2017
It's somewhat of a trend one can track over the last few years of playstation 4 exclusives.

The same happend with God of War and Spider-Man.

Many people thought God of War wouldn't click because of the kid and old man kratos. Spider_man even was only a niche game...

Because of that many people don't take ERAs opinion on these kind of sony exclusives to close to their heart.

Days gone would be the next in line. Many people look forward to the feast of crow.
That will be the greatest of feasts.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Is it possible you guys are low balling? I see a ton of potential. Thankfully we have a benchmark in

47158459712_2daa1bf652_n.jpg

If the UK launch week numbers are in the HZD range, that puts Days Gone in the 10 mill in two years territory.
lowballing? Those are pretty good numbers imo. I just don't see a game that's going to be groundbreaking. Imo HZD looked much better before launch

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Horizon was a Tuesday release, God of War was Friday release. So 2 days Vs 5 days tracking.
And Days Gone release 26th April, a FRI release so don't expect Horizon's 114k
A 70k first week (2 days) would be great for the game

We can't forget the fact that Detroit for example which had a demo on the PS Store which was appreciated by a lot of people and the game released after the hyped God of war, only did about 22k (FRI release)

Not every Sony first-party game will sell like God of War or Horizon did before

There are about 40 million more consoles sold since HZD, right?

Yep but it doesn't change the fact that the game could top 100k+ easier (UK first sales, I mean)

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Niche-Man meme was the result of a single person's opinion that everyone collectively laughed at, so this isn't representative of what the community here predicted of Spider-Man.

It was the height of the whole silliness. Puddle-gate and ubisoft-open world design and otherthings to try to downplay the game.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
It was the height of the whole silliness. Puddle-gate and ubisoft-open world design and otherthings to try to downplay the game.
Puddlegate was a broader manufactured "controversy" elsewhere too, not the result of Era's own insular, barmy opinion.

Niche-Man was the height of silliness, sure, but again, you can't use one single person's opinion to claim Era was out of touch about Spider-Man. Nobody agreed with that poster, pretty much the entire community mocked their line of thinking.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
I'd argue that last gen's bald space marine issue was more prevalent and glaring. I'll absolutely grant you that seeing so many recurring bald dudes with similar character designs was a grievance people could reasonably have last gen, sure. These days, though, the amount of these supposed generic bald white guys is down substantially, so these complaints just don't have the relevance they had a decade ago. People are picturing characters like Commander Shepard, Cole MacGrath, Starkiller, etc. Do y'all remember how many years ago their respective games came out? It's been quite awhile! The landscape looks different now. The increased efforts toward diversity are very apparent, and commendable. One or two of these guys slipping through the cracks every once in awhile shouldn't be something to kick up dust over, I don't think.

That doesn't mean they still don't have relevance.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I'd argue that last gen's bald space marine issue was more prevalent and glaring. I'll absolutely grant you that seeing so many recurring bald dudes with similar character designs was a grievance people could reasonably have last gen, sure. These days, though, the amount of these supposed generic bald white guys is down substantially, so these complaints just don't have the relevance they had a decade ago. People are picturing characters like Commander Shepard, Cole MacGrath, Starkiller, etc. Do y'all remember how many years ago their respective games came out? It's been quite awhile! The landscape looks different now. The increased efforts toward diversity are very apparent, and commendable. One or two of these guys slipping through the cracks every once in awhile shouldn't be something to kick up dust over, I don't think.

The side of my opinion about characters in any kinda of media is: A good character (well written, voice and likable) is a good character, no matter what... for me doesn't matter one bit if he is black, white, yellow, gay, lesbian, man, woman, trans, sexualized or not, etc. If the character fails to deliver, then the fault is on the shoulders who created it.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it will be a good/solid game, as I expected. Can't wait to jump on the motorbike and explore the world, because it sure looks great :)

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like what most here have been expecting. 84-86 range. Not as high as most Sony games but still good.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Well I definitely don't think that now (even though I don't remember ever saying that but whatever). Game seems to not have the issues that would put it at below a 70 and seems to be very polished with interesting and fun ideas.

I have always thought that it wasn't going to be GoW, Horizon, TLOU tier and I'll stand by that. I don't think it'll be a "surprise success" like lots of people here do. It seems to be a good game though, the previews basically support how I've felt it'll be recieved based off of my own personal opinion on what I've seen of the game and gauging impressions from when it's been shown before.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Kotaku

But here's the thing: After I played it, and I came back to my desk the next day, I kept thinking, 'I want to play more of this game.' It's good. It's very fun. It actually reminds me of Mad Max, the game that came out a few years ago, which I never actually played, but was very much—

Jason: Yeah. So this, I feel is going to have a similar reception. A couple of things worth noting. One is that the story is surprisingly well done—I was really impressed by the writing and the acting.
https://kotaku.com/days-gone-is-one-aaa-ass-video-game-1833092908

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Well I definitely don't think that now (even though I don't remember ever saying that but whatever). Game seems to not have the issues that would put it at below a 70 and seems to be very polished with interesting and fun ideas.

I have always thought that it wasn't going to be GoW, Horizon, TLOU tier and I'll stand by that. I don't think it'll be a "surprise success" like lots of people here do. It seems to be a good game though, the previews basically support how I've felt it'll be recieved based off of my own personal opinion on what I've seen of the game and gauging impressions from when it's been shown before.
It was you and Phediuk saying some dumb bullshit, as usual, about how it was going to come up way short of its expectations, just like The Order.

No one has ever thought it was going to be the best title that Sony has ever released. Everyone thought it would be a solid title to fill out the lineup. But console warriors such as yourself and Phediuk enjoy tearing this game down and pointing out that it's existing in some place below God of War or The Last of Us as if you're speaking some revelation that isn't obvious to everyone else.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Sounding pretty good to me,it's been a long time since Dying Light....I'm totally up for a Walking Dead type open world game.....I predict a metacritic score of,I couldn't give a flying fuck....bring on the freakers!

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Greg liked the first RDR and State of Decay, but wasn't feeling either sequel.

Will be interesting to hear Greg's thoughts on why Days Gone works for him, given the similarities.

He seems, these days, not to like games that demand intellectual or emotional investment. RDR2 is not a pick-up-and-play game; you can't just go and run a few missions. It's probably the most complete role-playing game I've ever seen. It encourages you to BE Arthur Morgan, occupy that space, live that life. It's a challenging game that, yeah, is not necessarily "fun" all the time. He forgives a lot (see his thoughts on Fallout 76 and Anthem), but if a game is not "fun," he likely won't enjoy it.

Greg likes fun. Even open-world games can be pick-up-and-play. He loves AC: Odyssey, for instance, because it's just super fun and doesn't ask a great deal of the player (although it can provide plenty if you DO invest).

So, the question is whether Days Gone is a "fun" game or an "immersive" game. My guess is the former, and he'll enjoy it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aside from Days Gone? Full Throttle and GTA IV Lost and Damned are the only ones that come to mind.

Well there you go. The journalist is essentially being obtuse or disingenuous for the purpose of feigned criticism or pessimism.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
nieuwsblad.be
Developer Bend Studio worked on the game for no less than six years, has even postponed the release several times to perfect everything, and you notice that no rush work has been done. Graphically, the game looks great, and the animations and cut scenes are the best that the current generation of consoles has produced.

The game also plays surprisingly smoothly, and fans of a game that is driven by a good story will have difficulty putting down the controller.

Days gone is more than a cross between zombie series the Walking dead and Sons of anarchy, the TV series about a dangerous motorcycle gang. It is a top game in the making that at times is reminiscent of Red dead redemption 2 and God of war, and that is absolutely a compliment.
https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190306_04235264

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It was you and Phediuk saying some dumb bullshit, as usual, about how it was going to come up way short of its expectations, just like The Order.

No one has ever thought it was going to be the best title that Sony has ever released. Everyone thought it would be a solid title to fill out the lineup. But console warriors such as yourself and Phediuk enjoy tearing this game down and pointing out that it's existing in some place below God of War or The Last of Us as if you're speaking some revelation that isn't obvious to everyone else.
If you wanna call me a console warrior for not being over the moon about this particular game, then go ahead. I was just saying my opinion on what I think the previews mean for it's review performance. Yeah, I'm not that personally interested in the premise of it. I also think Death Stranding is gonna be game changing, TLOU II looks phenomenal and GoT looks really interesting. What does that make me then?

I barely enter Days Gone threads so your notion that I'm on some hate brigade against the game is really weird.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone can do a better translation then the quotes in the OP I am all for it lol

IGN France
Last point on which Days Gone could well stand out: its narration. Bend Studio clearly does not intend to release a game that relies only on gameplay. History is an integral part of experience and progression. Clearly, cinematics are numerous, the latter intervening sometimes even in the middle of a fight. They provide useful contextualization elements, both for the understanding of the universe and for the development of the different characters that revolve around it.

Deacon is also a protagonist rather successful, which does not lack depth that the player will explore through intermediates in the form of flashback. The emotion was not as quickly palpable as in The Last of Us, but we will wait for the release of the game to really get an impression on the issues that the adventure has to offer. One thing is for sure, Days Gone has a story to tell and the writers at Bend Studio have taken care of everything to fill the players.
https://fr.ign.com/days-gone-ps4/45...ne-on-sest-perdu-3h-dans-le-monde-post-apo-de

IGN Portugal
Days Gone campaign, which will last approximately 30 hours, will certainly put the player on the screen, especially if it's a title he's anxiously waiting for. Everything points to a story that continues the tradition of exclusive PS4 in narrative terms, with a special focus on the emotional aspect and the evolution of the characters, created with the feet well settled on the earth and conveying the sensation that all this could happen to any one of we. It is not difficult to put on Deacon's boots, the difficult thing for us was to even put the command down.

From what we've seen, Days Gone will delight fans waiting for the release, win those looking at the Bend Studios title with suspicion and profile themselves as a serious contender for one of the 2019 surprises.
https://pt.ign.com/days-gone/73366/...storia-de-sobrevivencia-com-muito-coracao?p=2

IGN Benelux
Days Gone convinced me in the three hours that I was allowed to play. The game includes challenging survival / horror gameplay that alternates with racing through the forests, sneaking through cities and RPG elements. The story is the center of the game. You will be presented with several cut scenes and flashbacks that you have to drag into the world of Deacon. I am already curious about more, want to know how the story ends and whether it finally succeeds to finish a horde of zombies on my own.
https://nl.ign.com/days-gone-ps4/112226/preview/days-gone-hands-on-preview

Last edited:

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
I was already sold on this game but it's good to see good impressions from the press. Can't wait for the release.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Jeuxvideo
This new contact with Days Gone reassured the narrative orientation of the game which, except for small blunders of transitions between cut-scenes and gameplay sequences, should take advantage of enough thickness to embark the player in his universe. The infected, meanwhile, without being unpublished, are brushed with enough originality to refresh a little this opponent become too classic in the video game. It remains to be seen whether the open world of the game will succeed in renewing its activities enough not to become too repetitive, but the bases of the title seem strong enough to offer a pleasant experience to the players, but probably not revolutionary.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/preview/10...pour-un-dernier-apercu-de-l-exclu-de-sony.htm

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Oct 27, 2017
Like I said, this game will review mediocrely (by message board standards) but is going to sell like crazy. Wouldn't be surprised if this sold more than Horizon and God of War.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
i made some gif (i don't know why they look low quality)
also in the joeraptor video he says that deacon can hijack the motorcycles of the human enemies (probably to avoid some chase when you run from them)

Status
Not open for further replies.