• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
As expected it probably won't be a critical darling like HZD or GoW, probably ending up in the 80-85 territory, but it looks like it will be solid and fun, much relying on the emergent ai mechanics and the story.

Looking forward to it :)
I'd be super happy with anything above an 80. I'd say 75ish would be happy in my mind.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Holy s that dislikes on the IGN video.

....And yeah, I dislike it too. What a stupid thing to say!

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Btw people alot of stuff change from the first hour so you can get spoil by watching vids.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it's going to be a solid 7.5-8 game. I'm getting Mad Max kind of vibes (which I had a good time with)
Just watched the EZA preview and realized Jones compared it to Mad Max, that has me excited.

Yeah, this is an encouraging comparison. Mad Max was great and I really liked its use of the setting. The sandstorms in particular were wonderful and very frightening.

jobboy

Mar 24, 2018
i'm too lazy to dig the thread, any words about the framerate? is it improved over the latest build?

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Do you think your "meh-ness" might be open world fatigue on your part?
I would say no, I wasn't excited for Days Gone before hand but playing it kind of confirmed that it's not worth me spending 30 hours of my time on it. A lot of what's in the game has been done better in other open world games but then again, I'm somewhat tired of the setting / enemy type.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Yeah, this is an encouraging comparison. Mad Max was great and I really liked its use of the setting. The sandstorms in particular were wonderful and very frightening.

I enjoyed Mad Max too but my God was the game repetitive.
It eventually made me give up.

I'd hope that Day's Gone has more variety purely because of the storylines (quest) aspect throwing us into different scenarios.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It generally sounds like it may be some okay fun which I could consider getting down the road on a sale, but I can't see me buying it day one like I did with both God of War and Spider-Man either. The previews are generally pretty positive (that isn't unusual either for most previews), but it does seem that this game which was in development for 6 years and even delayed probably doesn't manage to achieve Shawn Layden's mantra about their first party games being "first, best, or must".

It wouldn't be all that difficult to be the best open world zombie game if this game even scores in the low 80s

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Wow that story about Lisa is interesting. Brandon Jones mention that you can choose which camp you will bring survivor you find. I don't expect that Lisa story can go that in depth that she didn't feel fit in with the camp you brought her top and later got kidnapped by another gang. I wonder if that's just a tutorial mission or something.

I can't imagine each survivor you find will have that in depth questline depending on which camp you choose to left them with

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I would say no, I wasn't excited for Days Gone before hand but playing it kind of confirmed that it's not worth me spending 30 hours of my time on it. A lot of what's in the game has been done better in other open world games but then again, I'm somewhat tired of the setting / enemy type.
Hopefully the game is at least fun to play from beginning to end and doesnt become boring, which is often the issue with open world games not executed well enough. Bend clearly has done their best

nycgamer4ever

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm opposite. I've been trying to get through RDR2 and while i'm impressed with the game and the world its just a struggle. So much downtime and padded momets. Such a slog to get through. I still like it but i'm looking forward to a game that is more focused.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So my guess is Sarah is so totally not dead and probably working for the evil corp in the game.

I will be shocked if this isn't the case, but I'm a little sad because I guessed that like a year ago.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
No but people from there wouldn't be identify or identify themselves as white like Anglo-Germanic people.

That doesn't matter. They're considered white. Race, is a visual and social construct, and it didn't construct "Anglo-Germanic" as a race. if someone looked at Kratos, they would consider him white. Period. That fact that is has to even be explained is something else.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Which one would be a bigger twist

Sarah isn't dead

Or Deacon is bald

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I am excited and a little worried. Sounds like it will be a good game, but the comments about it not vibing well if you're already burned out on Farcry have me concerned. I hope this is better than Farcry 5. I hope this game doesn't fall into a pattern of repetition.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like at the very least it'll be good, still not sure if I'm day 1 yet, probably depend on how burnt-out I am with open worlds come release.
The bike looks super fun though.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Better in what sense? Can you be specific about what about the mechanics didn't interest you? Sorry I'm just trying to get a clear picture, I can think of other open world games, but I can't think of any other recent post apocalyptic third person shooter/stealth/survival story heavy games.

Or is it more of a "sum of its parts" issue for you?

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds really promising and probably a solid, fun game that will surprise ppl with how it scores (probably around 85 meta if u care about scores). Dying light was an open world, zombie game that I never got tired of and if this open world is as good or populated I know I will be happy and have tons of fun.

May 17, 2018
Oh no a White man protagonist

I remember this being a common concern going into Red Dead Redemption 2 and Arthur turned out to be one of the most well-written characters in the history of games.

Not saying Bend is on a writing level that R* is, but, maybe journos need to cut it out with these kinda concerns until the game is out.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those IGN dislikes, I'm really blown away by how big the MAGA community is in YT, especially in gaming sectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.