• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
are you for real man, look at the textures on that dudes leather jacket this game is going to be lit
gotcha ;)

I mean obviously it's impossible to predict for sure, but I believe it has that potential, that's all.
to be fair you're working on the game (correct me if i'm wrong) so you can't really be unbiased. i don't think most of the people who are super hyped for it are expecting a 90+ metascore

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn was the worst and the most hilarious on release day. Days Gone "concern" is about 5% on the HZD scale.

People are more cautious these days and with good reason.

Horizon Zero Dawn concern was soooo weird and out of place since every single preview was praising it

It was a very weird case...

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
finally, a zombie survival game that uses more than one button and has actual gameplay to it. none of that movie, cutscene galore bullshit. still can't believe it's a Sony title

day one brehs

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely anticipate previews but this is an exception. They've had soooo much time to polish this game and the recent deep-dive videos did an exceptional job of showing just what the game is about.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am slowly coming around to this game and almost getting hyped for it. Really impressed with what they are doing here. Still can't get over insisting on calling Zombies "Freakers". So unimaginative and unnecessary.
I don't see how that is unnecessary.

These "zombies" need to eat, drink, sleep and can even build nests. They are inteligent (not as much as a human but more like animals). They also have different types that are stronger compared to the "normal" ones and even some that are weaker than the average freaker which means there is even cannibalism in their society.

If anything they are more like vampires but that still wouldn't make sense because vampires drink blood and these don't.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One has 115 reviews the other has 156. Not the same at all. Pretty sure if you take the GameCritics, Quarter to Three and US Gamer review away it goes to a 90 on MC.
you're making things too complicated, that's not how average scores work. you said metacritic's method and giving more weight to certain site has made it get the 89, but it also has an 89 on opencritic. all games get higher averages if you take out the more negative scores. that's a pointless argument.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish they would've stuck with the original Feb. 22 date. The wait is unbearable :(

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you're making things too complicated, that's not how average scores work. you said metacritic's method and giving more weight to certain site has made it get the 89, but it also has an 89 on opencritic. all games get higher averages if you take out the more negative scores. that's a pointless argument.
Go to Opencritic and average up the scores they share with Metacritic then. Only way to tell. I'm just saying I seem to remember Horizon having a 90 on MC until a couple of those low 6's dropped. We've seen that happen for a lot of games. Pretty sure the Gamecritics review or Washington Post review alone caused Uncharted 4 to drop from a 94 to a 93 on Metacritic.

Oct 25, 2017
I am slowly coming around to this game and almost getting hyped for it. Really impressed with what they are doing here. Still can't get over insisting on calling Zombies "Freakers". So unimaginative and unnecessary.
well it has the same exact score on opencritic so no.

it's a tryhard move, i agree.

I honestly don't know why folks get hung up on this. It's an in-universe name for the enemies. Why does it bother folks that this universe uses a different name than another one?

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Excited to see some impressions. The game has come a long way since the first reveal. One of the few games where there is a clear upgrade as development goes on.
that someone else is actually localizing the game, and he didn't object, you don't need to do it for him.
That doesn't make you an arbiter of who is biased and who isn't. Not with the shit you commonly spew in Days Gone threads.

The guy localizing the game seems like a nice guy. Of course he's not going to respond to your garbage take.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
finally, a zombie survival game that uses more than one button and has actual gameplay to it. none of that movie, cutscene galore bullshit. still can't believe it's a Sony title

day one brehs
You missed The Last of Us man! That's exactly what you're describing there in the first sentence!

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I don't see how that is unnecessary.

These "zombies" need to eat, drink, sleep and can even build nests. They are inteligent (not as much as a human but more like animals). They also have different types that are stronger compared to the "normal" ones and even some that are weaker than the average freaker which means there is even cannibalism in their society.

If anything they are more like vampires but that still wouldn't make sense because vampires drink blood and these don't.
Yeah, they remind me of the Darkseekers in "I Am Legend", which is a very good thing since I adore that movie. In the end though, they are still zombies to me :)

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they remind me of the Darkseekers in "I Am Legend", which is a very good thing since I adore that movie. In the end though, they are still zombies to me :)
I do call them zombies too when I describe the game to people but if I go in detail I call them the in universe name because they are way too different from other zombies.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That moment when you realize the Media tour is both in Australia and San Fran at the same time.

tenor.gif

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just realized that it doesn't matter how good this game is, we'll get dozens of LTTP threads claiming it's overrated as usual.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well... I just don't see how this game could achieve what GOW and Horizon did with being games at the pinnacle of their respective genres and studios. This seems disappointing in comparison to Sony's other studios.
Why does it matter? Not like you are a fan of Horizon or God of War. You have already made up your mind about this game long ago.