• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The E3 2017 demo and the recent trailers showing polish is why I am so excited.

I can't wait to explore, stumble across a horde, ride away for my life, run out of gas, go to a gas station to get said gas and get ambushed.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to enter towns and neighborhoods and go scavenging! It's just creepy cool to go into buildings and homes where people used to live and thrive only to see it abandoned and empty; full of once important things to scrounge through for supplies to get ourselves by to the next day.
Yeah I find looting in games like these so satisfying.

Oct 25, 2017
Just chiming in to say I think people are wrong to be sleeping on this game.

If GG can pull off Horizon, Bend can pull off Days Gone.

Sony doesn't make duds

First. Best. Must.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm playing Far Cry New Dawn right now, if Days Gone can give me similar feeling but with a bit more survival element thrown in, I'd be satisfied.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Not any "I can't want to talk about this game" tweet, huh? R.I.P Days Gone, Bend and Sony.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This game must be the game that more grew up on me since it was announced.
When it was announced i could not give 2 shits about it, my interest in it was literally zero. Then new gameplay videos came out last years and the game passed to be a possible purchase in a promo. Now the game is in the probably gonna pick it up at launch list. Only way to send it back to the pick it up later at a promo, is if the reviws end up trashing the game, but even if that happens i will still pick it up later, as from what i seen, looks interesting enought to try it out.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Well, I'm looking forward to meeting them next week, but well I won't be able to share anything earlier than everyone else ;)

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
This game must be the game that more grew up on me since it was announced.
When it was announced i could not give 2 shits about it, my interest in it was literally zero. Then new gameplay videos came out last years and the game passed to be a possible purchase in a promo. Now the game is in the probably gonna pick it up at launch list. Only way to send it back to the pick it up later at a promo, is if the reviws end up trashing the game, but even if that happens i will still pick it up later, as from what i seen, looks interesting enought to try it out.

I am a bit of the opposite. I was super keen to have an open world motorcycle game with an antihero and zombies to pop. It seems from the church footage it'll be another another serious sony game, this time with a dead wife and a cartoon cadre of human baddies trying to get you. Still, if the open world is open and you can ignore or at least downplay the SonyTM drama, I am in.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
World preview tour sounds like Sony and Bend are very confident in Days Gone.
They want for sure no bad publicity from the media around the world.

Previews might not reach GoW hype level but I am optimistic that they will be very positive :)

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
That's God of War level of marketing right there. Didn't expect that tbh. Good to see that Sony has faith in this game.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
God of War marketing had Kratos at football games and the CGi basketball court trailer during halftime of major NBA games.

Days Gone is receiving substantial push but fancy press events are not uncommon for big Sony games. It's on the other stuff ( live action trailers, placement on sports events, etc) where the difference in marketing investment is visible.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God of War marketing had Kratos at football games and the CGi basketball court trailer during halftime of major NBA games.

Days Gone is receiving substantial push but fancy press events are not uncommon for big Sony games. It's on the other stuff ( live action trailers, placement on sports events, etc) where the difference in marketing investment is visible.

To be fair we didn't see most of that stuff until like a month or so before release. I wouldn't doubt Days Gone will have some CGI launch trailer that'll be shown in movie theaters for example.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
To be fair we didn't see most of that stuff until like a month or so before release. I wouldn't doubt Days Gone will have some CGI launch trailer that'll be shown in movie theaters for example.

God of War Fiesta Bowl marketing started in Dec 2017 - https://www.ispot.tv/ad/w_Xa/playstation-2017-playstation-fiesta-bowl
God of War - War on the Floor - NBA marketing started in Feb 2018 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vgGGAm7ANc

This is not to disparage or undermine Days Gone or anything, all I'm saying is that God of War and Uncharted 4 had very substantial marketing. Days Gone's so far, more closely reflects Horizon's.