• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
store.steampowered.com

Days Gone on Steam

Ride and fight into a deadly, post pandemic America. Play as Deacon St. John, a drifter and bounty hunter who rides the broken road, fighting to survive while searching for a reason to live in this open-world action-adventure game.

ss_8d958e566d5315463d099b21eae729d0f462caad.600x338.jpg

ABOUT THIS GAME
Days Gone is an open-world action-adventure game set in a harsh wilderness two years after a devastating global pandemic.

Step into the dirt flecked shoes of former outlaw biker Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter trying to find a reason to live in a land surrounded by death. Scavenge through abandoned settlements for equipment to craft valuable items and weapons, or take your chances with other survivors trying to eke out a living through fair trade… or more violent means.

KEY FEATURES
• A striking setting: From forests and meadows, to snowy plains and desert lava fields, the Pacific Northwest is both beautiful and lethal. Explore a variety of mountains, caves, mines and small rural towns, scarred by millions of years of volcanic activity.
• Brutal encounters: With vicious gangs and hordes of Freakers roaming the land, you'll need to make full use of a variety of customizable traps, weapons, and upgradable skills to stay alive. Don't forget your Drifter bike, an invaluable tool in a vast land.
• An ever-changing environment: Jump on the saddle of Deacon's trusty motorbike and explore a dynamic world dramatically affected by the weather, a dramatic day/night cycle and the evolving Freakers, who adjust to their surroundings – and the people in it.
• A compelling story: Lose yourself in a powerful tale of desperation, betrayal and regret, as Deacon St. John searches for hope after suffering a deep, personal loss. What makes us human when faced with the daily struggle for survival?

INCLUDES
• New Game Plus
• Survival Mode
• Challenge Mode
• Bike Skins

PC features include ultra-wide monitor support, unlocked framerates and improved graphics (increased level of details, field of view, foliage draw distances).

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core [email protected] or AMD FX [email protected]
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4 GB)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 70 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD for storage and 16 GB of memory is recommended
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core [email protected] or Ryzen 5 [email protected]
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8 GB)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 70 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD for storage is recommended

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Looks better than those Horizon Zero Dawn requirements iirc. Enjoy the game PC users :)

Oct 27, 2017
the foliage already seemed pretty lush on the ps4, i bet the screenarchers are going to catch some striking vistas in this one

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Really excited for PC-only players like one of my friends to get to experience some of these Sony games for the first time ever! This definitely isn't my type of game but I'm happy more people get to experience it. Hoping we get Spider-Man on PC. Would love to play that at an uncapped framerate

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just bought this game on PS4 a while ago. If I knew it would come to PC, I'd wait. Oh well lol

Either way, it's cool to see Sony bringing more of their games to PC

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Not particularly interested in this game but I will buy to support more titles on steam

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Such an awesome game.

My advice for those that were skeptical of it, stick with it past the rocky start. It only gets better as it goes on, and that applies to both the gameplay and the narrative.

It's such an unappreciated gem of a title, and I hope more people play it. Graphically, it's one of the best looking PS4 titles (and looks amazing on the PS5!), so I'm sure the PC version is going to look fantastic too! It has some of the best weather effects I've seen in a game, and the in game character models (especially for Deacon), is also some of the best when it comes to the fidelity of the character model in game compared to the cutscene model fidelity (usually, there's a pretty noticeable difference when switching from cutscene model to ingame, but Deacon's model is damn impressive in game.

I was very skeptical with this game, and wasn't really feeling it that much at the start, but I ended up getting sucked into it, and I'm glad I stuck with it. Bend's post launch support of the game was also great, and while it's not this perfect thing, it's just really, really fun to play (especially taking on hordes), and the narrative surprised me with how invested I became as it progressed.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Game is going to look so fucking gorgeous, if it wasn't for the dated animations it'd be talked about more as one of the premiere graphical showcases( honestly still is)

Best dynamic weather system in a game.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Not my kind of game, really. I would've played it already on PS4 if it is. But I'll be keeping my eyes on it, depending on the price.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Sign of a good time - still supports 2500k

What's up with the release date?

That's the PS release date. Generally a lot of pages list the date the game originally launched as the release date, even if the Steam Release date is later.
Spring 2021 is all they say so far for the PC release on Steam

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Such an awesome game.

My advice for those that were skeptical of it, stick with it past the rocky start. It only gets better as it goes on, and that applies to both the gameplay and the narrative.

It's such an unappreciated gem of a title, and I hope more people play it. Graphically, it's one of the best looking PS4 titles (and looks amazing on the PS5!), so I'm sure the PC version is going to look fantastic too! It has some of the best weather effects I've seen in a game, and the in game character models (especially for Deacon), is also some of the best when it comes to the fidelity of the character model in game compared to the cutscene model fidelity (usually, there's a pretty noticeable difference when switching from cutscene model to ingame, but Deacon's model is damn impressive in game.

I was very skeptical with this game, and wasn't really feeling it that much at the start, but I ended up getting sucked into it, and I'm glad I stuck with it. Bend's post launch support of the game was also great, and while it's not this perfect thing, it's just really, really fun to play (especially taking on hordes), and the narrative surprised me with how invested I became as it progressed.

Well said the game definitely deserves more love. The gameplay loop really ends up hooking you and it's so funny how as it goes on you truly do care for your bike as well lol.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony's PC strategy is weird, isn't it? They announce the PC version in a very discreet way. If you're not an enthusiast, you don't know it's happening.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playstation Mobile as the publisher will never not be funnier. will Sony ever change that?

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
The release date right now shows the PS4 release date, which I didn't consider until Jaw brought it up. Just seems weird even though I get why.
Oh damn I just noticed it too, I thought to myself "April 26th, a little bit further than I expected but I can wait." and then I saw your post lol Hope it's a March release.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, but will cutscenes in ultra-wide too? Because that's the only thing that annoyed me mostly like in other games; beautiful cutscenes that got ruined by sidebars.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Sony's PC strategy is weird, isn't it? They announce the PC version in a very discreet way. If you're not an enthusiast, you don't know it's happening.
Yeah, it's how it is. They basically don't want to hurt their fanbase.

From the interview:
Horizon Zero Dawn on PC in August last year. How did that go?

We assessed the exercise in two ways. Firstly, in terms of the straightforward success of the activity of publishing the game on PC, people liked it and they bought it. We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this release. So many times I went back and forth on purchasing it for the PS4, so this one feels like a no-brainer.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017

No it works well since PC communities tend to propagate info themselves, and most players are enthusiasts to an extent.
Sony have the notoriety, so most PC marketing is simple enough and spread around by various communities. Much like Valve, they don't need much effort.
- Brief Interviews
- Steam page
- Answer FAQ
- Trailer
- Steam Banner at launch / charting on Steam

Last edited:

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

This game deserves to be more popular. I still remember that one moment when a song plays, the same song in Sons of Anarchy, was awesome.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Another game im glad I stop playing on ps4. Will play in ultrawide in high fps and steam controller.