• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
DAYS GONE ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS
We at Bend Studio have been working on implementing a variety of accessibility options to make the game more accessible for all players. With the release of Patch 1.3, we have officially started to rollout our new accessibility options.

In Patch 1.3, we have added the following options:

INVERTED HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL CAMERA CONTROLS
While Days Gone did have the option to invert the Vertical Camera, there was no option to invert the Horizontal Camera as well. Now the player can invert both the Vertical and Horizontal cameras.

CAMERA FOLLOW TRACKING
Camera Follow Tracking was an option in Days Gone, but it wasn't fully working as intended. Non-aiming cameras didn't always automatically follow the player, especially if an enemy was in close proximity. Now, this option should be fixed. Enabling Camera Follow Tracking will now allow the camera to slowly follow the player when turning.

DISABLE CONTROLLER SPEAKERS
Previously, the only way to turn off the DualShock 4 controller speakers was via the PlayStation® 4 system menu. We've added the option to disable the controller speakers from within the game. Doing so will reroute the audio through the player's normal audio output device.

SUBTITLE SIZE
To make subtitles easier to read, we've added the ability to adjust the size of the subtitles. The options are small (default), medium, and large.

SUBTITLE BACKGROUND
On top of adjusting subtitle size, the player can now change the subtitle background by making it transparent or disabling the background entirely.

SUBTITLE SPEAKER NAMES
By default, we always display the speaker's name in front of the subtitle. Now, we've added the ability to disable the speaker name from appearing in front of the subtitles.

REPEATED BUTTON PRESSES
We shipped our game with repeated button presses for our grapple events. We have now added the option to change the tap to a hold. Now, players can hold the required button for a certain amount of time to complete the same events.

REPEATED BUTTON SIZE
The size of our repeated button icons can also be small, especially for players further away from their screens. We added an option for the player to adjust the size of repeated button icons, from small (default), to medium, to large.

EASIER SPRINT ACTIVATION
We relaxed how far the left analog stick had to be pressed before activating sprint, making it feel much more responsive.

This is only the beginning of our push for more and better accessibility features in Days Gone. We're still working on trying to implement more options, and will be rolling them out in the coming months. We'll keep you updated as we work on and roll out additional features.

TOUCHPAD DEAD ZONES
While we love our swipe menus, players can sometimes accidentally swipe into them. We've now added options to change the dead zones on the touchpad. Adjust the vertical and horizontal dead zones and required swipe lengths in the Touchpad menu.
This is only the beginning of our push for more and better accessibility features in Days Gone. We're still working on trying to implement more options, and will be rolling them out in the coming months. We'll keep you updated as we work on and roll out additional features.

Last edited:

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
DISABLE CONTROLLER SPEAKERS < Nice!

I'm not against controller speaker, but they really forced it all the time.

Hellraider

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Almost all of these need to be implemented to every console's OS yesterday. It's ridiculous that for all the money we pay these first parties in subscription we still get bare bones features added to our games.

Still, kudos to Bend for this. All developers need to spend attention to accessibility options, and it's always better late than never.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017

Yup. I wear headphones. It was a stupid moment where I was figure why the nero tape sounded muffled until I accidentally knocked my headphone which made it clear.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
The game keeps getting better with added challenges and QoL improvements, Kudos to Bend for this support.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like reasonable QoL improvements for everyone. Although I really can't get my head around horizontal inversion.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Get off your high horse.

What this small team has achieved is incredible.

And the post release support and free additions have been great.
If you take look at the portfolio of games they have developed it is quite amazing what they did with days gone. I don't think they have ever done a game on this scale and they nailed it.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Option for repeated button presses, nice.
This is one of my favourite quality of life options on games.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact this game is getting so much support after launch it means it must have sold pretty good, i cannot wait for a sequel, specially after that ending!

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017

Yup. I wear headphones. It was a stupid moment where I was figure why the nero tape sounded muffled until I accidentally knocked my headphone which made it clear.

If you disable the controller speaker in the system volume menu (hold the PS button), voice tapes will play through your regular speakers/headphones - even before patch 1.30.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played it yet but the fact that they didn't have an inverted vertical camera to begin with is some serious bullshit.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Great list!

....If they are still taking requests, I would like the ability to disable the HUD in a normal playthrough as an option. (HUD is disabled in June's Survival Mode.)

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you take look at the portfolio of games they have developed it is quite amazing what they did with days gone. I don't think they have ever done a game on this scale and they nailed it.
I like Days Gone but they didn't "nail it" by any measure.

On topic: This is good but I'm still annoyed that my save games got fucked by being forced off hard difficulty and it won't let me switch back. Why did they do that? Just let me change back to hard.

Ok that wasn't really on topic.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
I'm very disappointed that the accessibility patch does not include gyro aiming 😞. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised subtitle size wasn't in at launch, every game should have this as default, including some of the other additions listed.

But kudos nonetheless

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Damn I wish I could make the subtitles smaller :/ most games make them way too big for me personally. But that's awesome that all these are here for people that need them

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Yeah people thinking stuff is simple as flipping a switch when its not.
Honestly, some people just have no idea how development goes. I am sure they were busy as all hell finishing up the game and getting all those OPEN WORLD bugs out. People forget this was an open world game. I usually don't even play OW games for 4 months lol. So many bugs and issues they needed to fix before this stuff got attention no doubt.

But going forward these guys are sitting on a nice engine that they are familiar with and have a lot of options at their disposal.

Oct 27, 2017
Decent. None of these were issues for me, but basic stuff like this should be in as default so everyone can set their most comfortable experience.

And as ever with Days Gone, always worth stating what a fucking fantastic fucking game it is, fucking brilliant. Fuck.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Are we ever going to get an option to turn off the HUD for all difficulties? Still dunno why they locked that to a newer hardcore mode that requires you to completely restart the game from the beginning.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
love Subtitle Size

i crank that shit up in every game i can

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Still hoping for some full fledged DLC as an accompaniment to the Challenges they've been adding. I loved the game and just find myself wanting more.

Fardeen

Oct 31, 2017
i am so glad i havent started playign this game yet, i'll geta betterversion when i actually start playing, press and hold button for quick time events were my fav in spidderman, alongside solving the puzzles automatically