• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
did patch 1.8 mess up the LOD system? it seems like there is a lot more pop-in/fade-in than before. it was never great, but now its super noticable to me.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont get it as well this game has minimal loading,no loading at all in the open world at all going in or out of camps and buildings .
That's because buildings have absolutely fuck all in them other than the same textures and bandage or whatever.

Game absolutely does not have minimal loading. There's often enough of a load after cutscenes which happen all the time to get the screen with the ring and the loading bar. They can often be 20 seconds.

Even worse is that most of that shit doesn't need a cutscene. Like starting a mission you should just hop on the bike and go, but nope, cutscene to show him getting on the bike for no reason, load. Then you play. Turn up to the location. load. Cutscene. Load. So on and so forth.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
did patch 1.8 mess up the LOD system? it seems like there is a lot more pop-in/fade-in than before. it was never great, but now its super noticable to me.

Definitely. It doesn't bother me much, it's the usual end of gen issue. I'd rather have the more consistent frame rate, but it looks like LOD culling was the answer to that

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Honestly? I think it's a lot better than before. The LOD was pretty awful to me pre 1.08 and that's usually the thing that bothers me the most in a game but this seems to have done a good job of refining and improving that.

I'm super sensitive to objects and textures popping into view (it breaks my immersion more than anything, including frame rate), so this is something I'd pick up on very quickly in terms of whether it was improved or not.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, in my case that assessment doesn't apply. It's totally better from what I'm seeing.

Are you playing on a Pro?
yup, playing on a pro. pop-in in one of the camps is significantly worse and performance is the same (still has pauses and massive drops).
i was driving around and then the game loaded in a hostile biker, which made it pause for 3 seconds. i love the game but its a mess.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
So, when will Bend stop dangling this carrot in front of me...

SCHIZZO >:C
I want to kill this turd mid sentence, just pop a bullet on his ass while he is gloating about some bullshit...

Anyway, I don't think I have felt this way about an antagonist, since Benny from New Vegas.

Speaking of characters, I'm surprised about Taylor, minor character, but that was a really good arc IMO.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yup, playing on a pro. pop-in in one of the camps is significantly worse and performance is the same (still has pauses and massive drops).
i was driving around and then the game loaded in a hostile biker, which made it pause for 3 seconds. i love the game but its a mess.

Which camp is that you're referring to?

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Cant wait to finish the game and watch the playthroughs of Gab And Cohh. Both seem to like the game a lot.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
LOL the Chicago Chopper is comically OP, just absolutely destroys human enemies now. That and my improved focus just slaughter enemy camps without a sweat. Not interested in knowing much I have left but can anyone that's beaten it tell me if
I can head back to the northern 3 camps before the true endgame?
usually like to get as much done in open world games because my motivation sinks once the credits roll.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL the Chicago Chopper is comically OP, just absolutely destroys human enemies now. That and my improved focus just slaughter enemy camps without a sweat. Not interested in knowing much I have left but can anyone that's beaten it tell me if
usually like to get as much done in open world games because my motivation sinks once the credits roll.
Yeah, you can.

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah my favourite gun used to be the assault rifle with infinite silencer, but once I got the Chopper with extended mag there was no going back. It really should be classified as level 5.

And yeah don't worry you'll be going back before credits roll.

Thanks I will give it a watch. Saddly there is not much Days Gone coverage from people I usually follow.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly? I think it's a lot better than before. The LOD was pretty awful to me pre 1.08 and that's usually the thing that bothers me the most in a game but this seems to have done a good job of refining and improving that.

I'm super sensitive to objects and textures popping into view (it breaks my immersion more than anything, including frame rate), so this is something I'd pick up on very quickly in terms of whether it was improved or not.
Yeah LOD was always not good here.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Dafuq, just yesteday I posted this and dropped the game until 1.08 cause enough is enough and they release the patch XD

Let's hope they have fixed the shitty third area performance, that annoying audio bug that haunts me and options bug too (some of them that doesn't work anymore like shoulder change reminder, that is stuff on ON even if I put it on OFF, same with Backup Camera on bike, no difference between ON and OFF).

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
Just at the Saw Mill mission. Wow the Horde is massive !?

Just wanted to know, if you kill a load of zombies, then save/quick save, then die and reload after you've killed a few hundred. Does the horde reduce in size or does it reset to its original number ?

I ask as it feels like it resets as the ears and stuff disappear from the floor. The annoying thing is the tanks you blow up stay blown up after you reload.

So it feels like the save saves the blown up tanks but the horde reset making it harder and harder as you can't use tanks to blow a load up.

Help !

Last edited:

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing Rage 2 right after finishing Days Gone and I'm really enjoying it, but I may start a new game in Days Gone as well.

Despite all of its issues, there are so many aspects of Days Gone that I absolutely loved, and I want more of it. I have lots of hordes left to clear after the story, but experiencing the entire game again from the start holds so much appeal. It's satisfying, immersive and just plain fun. So glad I took a chance on this one.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Dafuq, just yesteday I posted this and dropped the game until 1.08 cause enough is enough and they release the patch XD

Let's hope they have fixed the shitty third area performance, that annoying audio bug that haunts me and options bug too (some of them that doesn't work anymore like shoulder change reminder, that is stuff on ON even if I put it on OFF, same with Backup Camera on bike, no difference between ON and OFF).
Nope, they haven't fixed a single thing... NOTHING, all the annoying bugs are still there and the bike now do some weird noises and don't even know if they are intended but they are pretty awful.

The framerate seems more stable in third area for now but I have to test it more. Other then that? A completely useless patch, i really don't know what they have done all this time but at this point i'll just finish it with all the bugs and forget about it... What a waste.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Man I was attack by human enemies while was fighting SIX wolves came down from as hill like what the hell lol

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Lol just encounter an ambush with a teleporting enemy, another being stuck near a bike and another stuck in the engine of a car... and at the same time I realized they didn't even fixed the weapon wheel bug, where the game doesn't select you the proper object (wanted the pipe bomb e got stuck with molotov without realizing it).

(Video from third area, very minor Spoiler)

https://youtu.be/UG3Jvz_-ImY

Same shit happen in the rock category, when I select it and ending trow a flashbang... can't believe this patch, absurd.

Mar 29, 2018
Man, the story really goes places later on. Impressive stuff. Deacon gets some really good character development later, he's really overwritten early on.

I'm a bit pissed off about the super-long story missions introducing you to new places/characters, like it feels like one cycle of missions that are just walking and talking can be some 1 hour of gameplay.

Still, good shit.

That's because buildings have absolutely fuck all in them other than the same textures and bandage or whatever.

Game absolutely does not have minimal loading. There's often enough of a load after cutscenes which happen all the time to get the screen with the ring and the loading bar. They can often be 20 seconds.

Even worse is that most of that shit doesn't need a cutscene. Like starting a mission you should just hop on the bike and go, but nope, cutscene to show him getting on the bike for no reason, load. Then you play. Turn up to the location. load. Cutscene. Load. So on and so forth.
I don't really agree with this, as you progress you unlock more crafting materials, and many buildings contain backstory collectibles or will later be used for missions/encounters (so building interiors that seem useless to begin with are useful later on) and after the BRUTAL initial load and occasionally horrible flashback loads, there aren't so many loading times that are over 20-30 seconds

However what DOES get my goat is all the little dumb things that get in your way if you are trying to clean up and turn in missions.
- there's a new side mission at an old camp, fast travel there
- long loading screen
- spawn outside the camp, drive your bike in, activate the side mission
- fast travel towards the mission location
- long loading screen
- do the mission
- fast travel back to the camp (maybe after hunting for fuel)
- long loading screen
- spawn outside the camp, drive your bike in, run over to turn the side mission in

This whole loop takes AGES and when you've got two or three missions rolling around active at once, it's an absolutely painful cycle trying to turn them all in

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Progress: At the 2nd 'point of no return', haven't triggered it yet.

I have a question about the trophy which says pick 500 items from corposes .. how do I track it ? also does ammo count toward this ?

Because I am almost always maxed out on stuff (scrap, material and equipment) and feels like I am just bypassing camps and millions of dead people for this and will lock myself out of this trophy. Can I find more bandits/marauders/RIPpers after beating the story ?

I'll just throw everything away and just start picking things up from people.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

I have a question about the trophy which says pick 500 items from corposes .. how do I track it ? also does ammo count toward this ?

Because I am almost always maxed out on stuff (scrap, material and equipment) and feels like I am just bypassing camps and millions of dead people for this and will lock myself out of this trophy. Can I find more bandits/marauders/RIPpers after beating the story ?

Just check collectibles tabs with the trophies it tells you have many you need to go.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017

Make sure you get the skill that lets you hold more crafting materials. You'll continue to encounter enemies in post game, especially if you missed any ambush camps. There's still random events as well. I got the trophy way before the end of the game, but I looted everyone, made sure I always crafted the max amount of items I could so I had more room for materials, and I used items that I was unable to pick up. Can't get a pipe bomb off a body? Throw one into the woods, lol. I had achieved all but maybe three trophies by the endgame.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
The game is really bugged for me now. I'm clearing out hordes and they act as if I'm not there. I can walk into the cave start shooting and they will stand up run around me for a bit then sit back down. Completely sucks all the fun out of it.

Guess I'll wait for the next patch or delete the game and play 1.0

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I've never concurred completely with a twitch streamer before watching this video. Agree 100% with all the thoughts.

However, if you don't want the absolute endgame or secret end spoiled, do not let the video finish completely. Pause it before the recommended thumbnails pop up.
I watched to the end, he doesn't spoil anything at all

Oct 27, 2017

I don't agree with some of this; Loading to cutscenes takes a couple seconds at worst for me. 20 seconds seems like the worst kind of hype, but maybe it gets worse the longer you progress?

Buildings, they've all felt quite unique, I'm not seeing any obviously repeating stuff or feeling like it's cut and paste. The interiors are one of the games strengths I'd say. Materials, well naturally it's going to be the same sort of thing you find in buildings, that's what the crafting element is built around so you're going to find them everywhere. Variety in found materials improves quite a lot as your crafting menu expands as you might expect.

I agree about needless cutscenes though, some of them add nothing to proceedings and could easily have been trimmed, but I'd argue these brief fade to blacks as cutscene transitions are not as disruptive as some people are making out.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I've never concurred completely with a twitch streamer before watching this video. Agree 100% with all the thoughts.

However, if you don't want the absolute endgame or secret end spoiled, do not let the video finish completely. Pause it before the recommended thumbnails pop up.
People still doing this crap I see with the thumbnails

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the story really goes places later on. Impressive stuff. Deacon gets some really good character development later, he's really overwritten early on.

I'm a bit pissed off about the super-long story missions introducing you to new places/characters, like it feels like one cycle of missions that are just walking and talking can be some 1 hour of gameplay.

Still, good shit.

I don't really agree with this, as you progress you unlock more crafting materials, and many buildings contain backstory collectibles or will later be used for missions/encounters (so building interiors that seem useless to begin with are useful later on) and after the BRUTAL initial load and occasionally horrible flashback loads, there aren't so many loading times that are over 20-30 seconds

However what DOES get my goat is all the little dumb things that get in your way if you are trying to clean up and turn in missions.
- there's a new side mission at an old camp, fast travel there
- long loading screen
- spawn outside the camp, drive your bike in, activate the side mission
- fast travel towards the mission location
- long loading screen
- do the mission
- fast travel back to the camp (maybe after hunting for fuel)
- long loading screen
- spawn outside the camp, drive your bike in, run over to turn the side mission in

This whole loop takes AGES and when you've got two or three missions rolling around active at once, it's an absolutely painful cycle trying to turn them all in

Don't fast travel, problem solved, eheheheheh. Of course the world has to load everytime if you're fast travelling everywhere.

Do what I do, ride everywhere, experience zero loading, seamless transition between camps and the world, enjoy the lovely bike handling, soak up the world and enjoy the many random and interesting events that pop up during travel; a variety of ambushes, animal attacks, various systems interaction (bear vs freakers etc), which you miss when fast travelling.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just check collectibles tabs with the trophies it tells you have many you need to go.
Oh nice, I didn't know it tracked there. Thanks.

Make sure you get the skill that lets you hold more crafting materials. You'll continue to encounter enemies in post game, especially if you missed any ambush camps. There's still random events as well. I got the trophy way before the end of the game, but I looted everyone, made sure I always crafted the max amount of items I could so I had more room for materials, and I used items that I was unable to pick up. Can't get a pipe bomb off a body? Throw one into the woods, lol. I had achieved all but maybe three trophies by the endgame.

I think I'm gonna start doing that now lol

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
The burnout apocalypse trophy giving me trouble. No idea how to do it.. does elevation in terrain matter?

Ps. I have nitro level 3

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got to the point where
I'm getting the prompt that if I continue down the story path, the northern regions will be locked off

How much further to go?