• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
is this game worth picking up at full price?
I asked the same question on here a week ago and ended up buying the game. I'm about half-way through, and so far, it has definitely been worth it. The world and narrative arcs alone make it feel special. If you're looking for something to play, this will definitely last you a good while

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
is this game worth picking up at full price?

Thats a tough one that depends mostly on your expectations and likes

I managed to get mine for $40 with trade in credit so I think that was the perfect pricepoint.

But now that i'm nearing the endgame, I think its worth the full price. This game is huge , the story is way better than i expected, and the satisfaction of taking down a horde is great and hasn't worn out.

Again. yeah depends on your likes and expectations. Oddly, this game really reminds me of Red Dead Undead / Mad Max. Super solid zombie action game

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
do i have to clear all hordes to continue? This is after iron mike dies, i did a mission for cope and nothing else has come up in like 10 minutes

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So..

What's up with the south region, the one you unlock far into the game ? I haven't done any mission since meeting up with Sarah again but the place is filled with big empty caves with lots of dead animals and I keep hearing whispers and weird ghostly voices and howling. Never had these sound effects in the previous areas. The game really amped up the creepiness factor, it's weird.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so surprised at how well the dialogue, the story, and the voice acting are. I think the last time I was this enthralled by those three points was RDR 2. Its really the main reason that I'm still playing it, because I don't really care for how a lot of the missions are structured, and the reward to misc. side quests and exploration is pretty weak.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
You guys talking about 5th camps makes me think I'll burn out on this by then. I'm on the 3rd one and already feeling fatigued. There's only like four mission types in the game. Starting to get tired of the same thing every time.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all gotta stop with the semi spoilers talking about what camp number you're on and ish lol. Anyway damn this game has Legggggsssss. It just continues to build up and up.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
You guys talking about 5th camps makes me think I'll burn out on this by then. I'm on the 3rd one and already feeling fatigued. There's only like four mission types in the game. Starting to get tired of the same thing every time.
The world of Days Gone is breathtaking. You won't burn out.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
So I just beat it, two trophies away from platinum and I'm giving up on it. I need three more skill points and I really don't like fighting hords and I have spent hours trying to do the nitro drift And I can't do it. Good game with some really weird game system choices, like waiting for radio calls to give me missions, after main story it was over a hour of driving around just to get the last couple of missions to unlock so I could finish all storylines and with that many hords to kill they should have given us the option to buy crafting items. I'm not spending twenty minutes after every horde looking for growlers and gunpowder.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Is this safe to play on an OLED?
Been playing 20 hours so far and haven't seen issues.

Burn in with videogames is mainly only an issue if you are repetitively playing a GAAS type game for 100s-1000s of hours.

That's why usually gamers that complain of burn in are either frequent overwatch or Destiny players.

I don't think I've ever played any one game more than 100 hours in total in my life.

Also HDR looks truly stunning for Days Gone on OLED.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So I just beat it, two trophies away from platinum and I'm giving up on it. I need three more skill points and I really don't like fighting hords and I have spent hours trying to do the nitro drift And I can't do it. Good game with some really weird game system choices, like waiting for radio calls to give me missions, after main story it was over a hour of driving around just to get the last couple of missions to unlock so I could finish all storylines and with that many hords to kill they should have given us the option to buy crafting items. I'm not spending twenty minutes after every horde looking for growlers and gunpowder.

travel to nero sites/your first home base. Those have restocking supplies.

StealthWraith

Nov 8, 2018
Can you change difficulty at any time?

if you start on hard you cant

if you started on easy or normal you can change between these two at any time

hard differences

you take a lot more damage
resources are more scarce
more scrap to fix the bike
more fuel to refuel bike
no auto aim

i would assume why you cant change out or to hard is b/c the differences in resources available in the world cant be changed mid game

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

remember: a trophy's just a checkmark on an arbitrary list of checkmarks. & nothing more :) ...

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

hard differences

more fuel to refuel bike
no auto aim

i would assume why you cant change out or to hard is b/c the differences in resources available in the world cant be changed mid game
Thanks, is hard really difficult or still pretty easy like most games?

StealthWraith

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks, is hard really difficult or still pretty easy like most games?

i personally dont think its hard on hard to complete the game but its frustrating if you just want to free roam, mess around b/c of the limited resources

i personally wouldn't restart or replay on hard if started on normal b/c of the fact that they will have a even harder difficulty in june that may be even be rewarded with trophys save your 2nd play through for that

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/24/days-gone-free-dlc-kicks-off-in-june/

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I personally thought it was really easy. Only hordes gave me some trouble, but It was more because I was using weaker weapons.
i personally dont think its hard on hard to complete the game but its frustrating if you just want to free roam, mess around b/c of the limited resources

i personally wouldn't restart or replay on hard if started on normal b/c of the fact that they will have a even harder difficulty in june that may be even be rewarded with trophys save your 2nd play through for that

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/24/days-gone-free-dlc-kicks-off-in-june/

Thanks dudes, think I may go normal for now with that dlc more coming later. If I find it too easy I'll probably end up restarting on hard.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
played up until boozer needed a rest. i dig the opening, but i cant wait until the world opens up properly.

im afraid for my Pro tough, its loud as hell playing this (like for many others). fix this shit somehow pls Bend :/ it ruins the mood even with headphones on and stresses me out.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
played up until boozer needed a rest. i dig the opening, but i cant wait until the world opens up properly.

im afraid for my Pro tough, its loud as hell playing this (like for many others). fix this shit somehow pls Bend :/ it ruins the mood even with headphones on and stresses me out.
Mine was loud as hell initially. Took it out of my TV stand so it had more room to breathe and it was fine afterwards unless I was in the menus. Those always make the fans go nuts.

Just got the plat and did 80% of the hordes. Loved the game despite the performance issues and some other odd design decisions.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

I think it just depends on the console. Days Gone and Sekiro were both pretty easy on my Pro. Fans usually kicked on but not to the point where the thing sounded like it was about to take off. The last game I recall that really made me nervous in that regard was God of War 2018.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just an FYI to anyone who finished the story and saw the credits. And hasn't turned it on since then...

there's some worthwhile quests after the 'end'

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Credits rolling. Loved it, probably my favorite so far this year. Still plan to clean up the rest of the hordes.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Okay so I kept going and got to the last section. The story managed to pull me back in somewhat, but holy shit does this area make the game run bad. I'm probably going to call it quits.

Over all I've had an okay time, but I understand why it got the scores that it did. I thought maybe the story would be what got me through it. The world and the characters seem straight out of a more basic version of the walking dead. None of them really stand out.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm not done yet but seriously, there are way too many cutscenes. That and boring missions make Days Gone a great concept but a bad game. Killing hordes is fine. The rest is pretty meh or worse. 25 hours in and I'm still asked to follow characters while they talk. That's just super annoying. Gameplay is king, and this game has bad design, period.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I'm not done yet but seriously, there are way too many cutscenes. That and boring missions make Days Gone a great concept but a bad game. Killing hordes is fine. The rest is pretty meh or worse. 25 hours in and I'm still asked to follow characters while they talk. That's just super annoying. Gameplay is king, and this game has bad design, period.

Just skip the cutscenes you aren't interested in.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game, what a amazing ride!

Bring on the sequel!
Keep playing.

hard differences

more fuel to refuel bike
no auto aim

You also can't mark targets with the binoculars on hard.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Nah. Not really.

Something I've noticed, folks: there are rarely enemies indoors (buildings). Especially freaks - seems very rare to find them or any enemies indoors (exception is nests). I wonder if there were technical reasons for that, maybe AI pathing issues or something?

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Forced walking sections have to be one of the worst things in games. With that said I love pretty much everything else about days gone.