• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I have a quick question about a potential? spoiler if anyone is willing to help out.
What are those small towers made up of stacked rocks that you find? You are prompted with an action and all Deacon does is knock the tower over

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Lonestar
Yes, the framerate in the end hurts the enjoyment, also had some 5 second freezes and lots of pop ups, missing textures and so on. I still want to get the plat, guess that's a good sign.

I have a quick question about a potential? spoiler if anyone is willing to help out.
What are those small towers made up of stacked rocks that you find? You are prompted with an action and all Deacon does is knock the tower over

Those are symbols/signs of an enemy group.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
They are anarchists cairns you get an acheive for knocking over like 12 or so of them

Oct 27, 2017
People aren't joking about how the characters become more likeable once you get to the third camp. Rikki was on screen for like 30 seconds and I already liked her

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
They really should have made the journal entries in the progress menu more central or gave them their own menu or added more of those details to the story. The stuff there adds so much to Deacon and his backstory, to the world, to the other characters. It's kind of crazy that they buried so much story there.

Considering the Progress Screen is pretty much just a repository of all of those entries it ends up being it's own dedicated menu anyway. I like that pressing Triangle during the XP notification takes you to the story summary for the main mission but I wish it would automatically show you the summaries for the "additional" missions as well. Instead you have to manually select them.

Definitely agree on how much they add to the game though.

What's really egregious is that there is no way to immediately go to an unlocked collectible entry when you get the notification.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Lake having its own separate farming camp is such a cool detail that reminds of how well-thought-out New Vegas' apocalypse was

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
People aren't joking about how the characters become more likeable once you get to the third camp. Rikki was on screen for like 30 seconds and I already liked her

Honestly I've got zero problem with this. I think it plays into Deek's character development. I think it says a lot about his mental state at the beginning of the game that he is choosing to hang out in Copeland and Tucker's areas instead of Lost Lake. The fact that Lost Lake alone has more "significant" characters than Copeland and Tucker combined is a reflection of how little Deacon wants to do with the other camps at the beginning of the game.

Deacon becoming involved with the Lost Lake crew feels more earned than it would have if it occurred earlier.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've got zero problem with this. I think it plays into Deek's character development. I think it says a lot about his mental state at the beginning of the game that he is choosing to hang out in Copeland and Tucker's areas instead of Lost Lake. The fact that Lost Lake alone has more "significant" characters than Copeland and Tucker combined is a reflection of how little Deacon wants to do with the other camps at the beginning of the game.

Deacon becoming involved with the Lost Lake crew feels more earned than it would have if it occurred earlier.
That's true. Given all the baggage at Lost Lake, him basically exiling himself and begrudgingly helping out people like Copeland and Tucker even though he clearly despises them is a noticeable contrast compared to how he is with the characters at Lost Lake and his mindset there. Which is even more apparent when you read the Story blurbs/journals. I just wish the pacing during the Copeland/Tucker-focused early hours were better

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Really this game has some fantastic VA

When he was at Saras grave and was talking about Boozer and how it was his fault was fantastic .Also when he was talking to OBrien

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For the sequel I can see Camp building,it would make alot of sense .

I REALLY hope not. It pretty much utterly ruined fallout 4. The lite-survival elements is what's nice about days gone. It's got that nice sweet spot of not being absolutely annoying but also not being completely trivialised. Building and maintain camps just sounds like too much busy work, and we need less of that.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Really this game has some fantastic VA

When he was at Saras grave and was talking about Boozer and how it was his fault was fantastic .Also when he was talking to OBrien
Witwer is fantastic here. I know people liked him in Force Unleashed but I never played more than a mission or two of those games. His performance here makes me wish he did more game work.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The cutscenes early on were terrible but they seems to get significantly more polished after you get to Lost Lake. Is that a permanent change it are they just inconsistent the entire time?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the crows, any easy way to deal with them?
The cutscenes early on were terrible but they seems to get significantly more polished after you get to Lost Lake. Is that a permanent change it are they just inconsistent the entire time?
It gets better and better imo, the early parts are just bad for, some reason maybe Cope and Tucker's camp was just added in the last min?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Burn their nests and they go away. But before that a shotgun is your best bet.
Shotguns seems like a waste of space for me since I always go with AR which is handy in everything in general. I hate the you're limited on your weapons, it will be a lot better if we have a system "bring assortments of weapon on our bike but putting them on your bike has the risk of enemy taking it thus you must hide your bike"

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Shotguns seems like a waste of space for me since I always go with AR which is handy in everything in general. I hate the you're limited on your weapons, it will be a lot better if we have a system "bring assortments of weapon on our bike but putting them on your bike has the risk of enemy taking it thus you must hide your bike"

The bike seems kinda useless in that regard, should be able to store some weapons and resources on it like RDR 2's horse.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

The sidearm shotgun is nice because you can still keep a rife for your primary weapon.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I made it up to
Tucker I think her name was?

And had to return the game to Redbox. Definitely joining the crowd that think it got done dirty. It's not as bad as the reviews eviscerated it for. Like those 5s or whatever from IGN/Gamespot seem pretty laughable.

It's a decent game. Seems pretty run of the mill but I enjoyed what I played of it a lot more than Horizon or RDR2. If Rage 2 reviews poorly, I might finally use my Walmart gift cards I got from the holidays and buy Days Gone instead.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Pls send help

D57FCGSXkAI30Df.jpg

crotchett

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
I made it up to
And had to return the game to Redbox. Definitely joining the crowd that think it got done dirty. It's not as bad as the reviews eviscerated it for. Like those 5s or whatever from IGN/Gamespot seem pretty laughable.

It's a decent game. Seems pretty run of the mill but I enjoyed what I played of it a lot more than Horizon or RDR2. If Rage 2 reviews poorly, I might finally use my Walmart gift cards I got from the holidays and buy Days Gone instead.
I actually downloaded Horizon again and played it for a few minutes to do a graphical comparison, and yeah, IQ-wise, Days Gone blows it out of the water. In a comparison to RDR2, I think this game might have the second-best weather system emulated in a video-game, and that's saying quite a lot.

As others have said, the voice acting excels in a way only Sony's top-tier first-party games do, and I like that the lines are delivered in such a conversational manner. Currently having trouble with the horde outside the second-camp (I think the last nest is in the cave, right?) and the game's learning curve, riding mechanics, and world are constantly making me thank Sony for believing in their devs and giving them 5+ years to make the games that they envision.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Holy shit, so many forced slow walking sequences. Just make it a fucking cutscene or drop it already. This is the first game where I've hit my limit on them. There's just too goddamn many.

Just joined the militia. This new cast of characters is doing very little for me.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh mann I was listening to the Kinda Funny GoT review podcast and it cracked me up when Deacon suggested that

Rikki hook Boozer up with a blade hand lol

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Mad Max but couldn't even get myself to finish RDR2 and GTAV.
This tops Mad Max.
Guess I like boring worlds. /s

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
well, platinumed the game, what a trip, i want more BEND.
Also dawww, if you find a dog toy, well you can bring it back to.. the dog., you know which one.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I made it up to

Having beat Horizen just just before DG i prefer DG immensely more than horizen i loved the story but everything else was bland to me in Horizen.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Heavy spoiler question

Why both Deacon and Sarah are trying to hide their relationship unless she is current girfriend of the black guy
Did she lost hope like deacon and just secluted herself on that lab?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Heads up: if you "cleared" a horde, but didn't get credit, you need to
wait until day time and then go to where that horde hides out
. If you haven't gotten to near the end of the game, then it can be difficult to determine where that is (it's generally
just a nearby cave
). 9 times out of 10, there will be just one or two of the zombies hanging out there, and killing them will proc the mission status update.

Rest assured, though, that the game will remember your progress when it comes to hordes so long as it saves. Anything you've already cleared you won't have to clear again.