• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the further you get through the game the better it gets. the first few hours i questioned if i even wanted to continue now i can't stop.

however they need to fix some shit still, i just finished a mission and it had Deek having a convo on his bike with someone about the mission prior to the one i just finished.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Woo 😁

Absolutely loved the game, even with some of the tech issues it had.

Bring on Days Gone 2: Gone harder!

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I did the sawmill horde. It didnt pop up horde cleared at the end. I searched high and low to see if there was a straggler but I couldnt find any one. If I have to do this again...

Redlogic

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Man, normally I agree with reviewers but I don't agree this time. I'm loving the shit out of DG, and I can't wait to see where the story goes. I can look past some technical issues because of how much fun I'm having tearing through the world on my supped up bike.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Started a bounty mission at the sawmill. The horde saw me, through a solid wall from 200 feet away because of course, practically insta killed me and now the item I need is showing as being in a section of the map I cannot travel to and I cannot complete the mission without getting it.

Cool

Cool

Cool.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Absolutely. I didn`t enjoy the game up until then and wanted to quit. Glad I didn`t.
I feel like the developers should have cut the first 10-15 of playtime down to 2-3 hours.

Yeah, some trimming to tighten up the game would have done a lot of good.

Hopefully Bend will learn a lot from making this and the sequel or whatever they do next will be a tighter, more polished game. Still, it's a really solid first attempt at a massive open world game though and I'm really enjoying it, even more than I was before, now it's picked up the pace.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Finally had my first pop up horde. Cleaned a cave full of bandits, rescued my target, pop up hord popped up. Managed to run away and got around 1000 exp with a single explosive. Then I killed myself with a grenade. Sucks that I have to do the whole mission again, but it was cool to see that the bandits seem to coma along with the freakers.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Man, normally I agree with reviewers but I don't agree this time. I'm loving the shit out of DG, and I can't wait to see where the story goes. I can look past some technical issues because of how much fun I'm having tearing through the world on my supped up bike.

The disparity with Days Gone when it comes to my own experience and a couple of reviewers that I am usually 1:1 with is pretty crazy. I was pretty hyped for the game pre-launch, then watched ACG's review, was kind of bummed, but picked it up anyway, and now that I'm almost 30 hours in, I am completely engaged with the characters and stories. I also love how different the environment is from other open world games. I've had a few bugs pop here and there, but nothing game breaking *knock on wood*.

I've also noticed how friends of mine online who will usually dismiss reviews are completely on board with the "bad reviews, bad game" mentality. It feels like Mafia 3 all over again, where I played it at launch, loved it thanks to the strong character performances and story, friends dismissed it because of reviews, and then they came back a year later, played it and loved it.

But still never acknowledged that I was right. I need better friends.

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
Just platinumed Days Gone. Despite the many poor aspects of it especially the technical ones, it's still a great game.

Looking forward to the sequel.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Started a bounty mission at the sawmill. The horde saw me, through a solid wall from 200 feet away because of course, practically insta killed me and now the item I need is showing as being in a section of the map I cannot travel to and I cannot complete the mission without getting it.

Cool

Cool

Cool.

What do you mean area you can't "travel" to?

If it's in the building then wait until night when all the freakers are outside. If it's outside then go and grab it in the daytime.

The hoards can hear you by the way. If you aren't in stealth and don't have the enhanced stealth skill unlocked then they will detect you.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The horde at the mill is fucking bonkers.

Also, do we have any indication of how it's selling? I really want Bend to earn their due from this game and be given the green light on a sequel.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
What do you mean area you can't "travel" to?

If it's in the building then wait until night when all the freakers are outside. If it's outside then go and grab it in the daytime.

The hoards can hear you by the way. If you aren't in stealth and don't have the enhanced stealth skill unlocked then they will detect you.

Horde was outside well at the far end of the body pit. I was inside the warehouse(?) next to the NERO checkpoint. Bounty had disappeared from the map. Went on the roof, in stealth and the horde started spilling up through the hole in the roof and mauled me.

Reloaded, bounty was dead and the item I need to pick up is now very far away, maybe he chucked it haha. But it's a bit hard to just go and grab it when (according to the marker in game at least) it's around 400 metres down below the earth aswell as along.

Perhaps the hoard killed the dude, which (judging from a playthrough I just watched) is perhaps how it is supposed to go down. But he wasn't dead or even there when I got my head caved in so I don't know why it despawned the hoard and killed him when It respawned me. Earlier auto's that aren't an hour plus away still say it's down there, which I think might be because I had spoke to the mission provider but then did a bunch of stuff so the quest is bugged from when I had it in my active missions? But that's just a guess really.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I'm about to finish the game and I've run into maybe 15-20 hordes just by exploring. Also, I don't know if it's been already mentioned but after a certain point in the main story they are revealed on the map (quite late though)

Ah, good to know. I like just encountering them, though. Definitely by end game, I'll want to seek them out, but I love it when I want to explore a new place, hear a bunch of swarmers and go, "Nope, maybe later." xD~~

I don't need the volume to be the same, but it's pretty dumb that one second he's mumbling to himself, then the next he's yelling to himself. It's just bad.

My complaint isn't about the character, more or less the voice acting direction.

I think the yelling assumes he's on a motorcycle. I noticed it when I was giving someone a ride and stopped to pick something up. He was yelling, and I thought the game's assuming you were still on the motorcycle. I forget how other games handle it; I wanna say in RDR2, they stop talking once you get off the vehicle, same as Uncharted.

Redlogic

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
The disparity with Days Gone when it comes to my own experience and a couple of reviewers that I am usually 1:1 with is pretty crazy. I was pretty hyped for the game pre-launch, then watched ACG's review, was kind of bummed, but picked it up anyway, and now that I'm almost 30 hours in, I am completely engaged with the characters and stories. I also love how different the environment is from other open world games. I've had a few bugs pop here and there, but nothing game breaking *knock on wood*.

I've also noticed how friends of mine online who will usually dismiss reviews are completely on board with the "bad reviews, bad game" mentality. It feels like Mafia 3 all over again, where I played it at launch, loved it thanks to the strong character performances and story, friends dismissed it because of reviews, and then they came back a year later, played it and loved it.

Sometimes, games that seem mediocre to some really click with you. Buying on day 1 on DG was a risky proposition, and I'm glad I gave the game a chance to sink in. I felt the same type of way with Mad Max, a game I almost played twice just for the sheer fun of it, which I never do. I agree, those early reviews really deflated my hype (ACG to name one) but I'm really glad I gave it a chance. I hope our positive word of mouth helps to get this gem into more folks hands so we can get a sequel.

Also, get better friends! ;)

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Some of these story cutscenes at camp 3 are fucking impressive. The voice acting and the emotion from the actors are top notch. Just wish it was this consistent throughout the game.

Easily my favorite open world game this gen, I haven't been this engrossed in an open world game since red dead redemption.

Oct 31, 2017

Sometimes, games that seem mediocre to some really click with you. Buying on day 1 on DG was a risky proposition, and I'm glad I gave the game a chance to sink in. I felt the same type of way with Mad Max, a game I almost played twice just for the sheer fun of it, which I never do. I agree, those early reviews really deflated my hype (ACG to name one) but I'm really glad I gave it a chance. I hope our positive word of mouth helps to get this gem into more folks hands so we can get a sequel.

Also, get better friends! ;)

Which is why I almost wish scores were eliminated so people could discuss reviewer criticism in general rather than debate the score and compare scores with other games. Sometimes, you just have to play a game to find out.

I became a huge fan of the Dynasty Warriors series during the PS2 days as many others did, but if I had read review scores and all that, I would have never tried Dynasty Warriors 2. Some people aren't going to like the game or find it repetitive, and I can see why, but man, if you dig the mega army battles, you'll just engross yourself with it.

I'm glad I stuck with my pre-order for Days Gone.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
I did the sawmill horde. It didnt pop up horde cleared at the end. I searched high and low to see if there was a straggler but I couldnt find any one. If I have to do this again...

There's a story mission linked to that horde so might have affected it if you haven't done that mission yet.

It helps a little lol...that saw mill horde seems unstoppable. Even with an LMG, mines, remote bomb, molotovs, grenades, etc, I died a dozen times before I just gave up.

Did that one earlier by accidentally discovering a cheese strategy on my second attempt (imagine it's a known one by now by hadn't seen or looked for it myself)

I was there at night so all of the horde were clumped together in that sort of pit in the middle by the train cars. Nearby is a railway tunnel. I went close to the horde, thew a couple of napalm molotovs and then ran to the mouth of the tunnel. I used the Chicago Typewriter(?) (or any machine gun would work I'd imagine) and started taking out some of them in focus mode, then kept running further in to the tunnel and turning around to throw a few bombs and stopping to pick off more of the horde the further I went. As you near the end of the tunnel it seems to be the point where the horde's boundary is, so most of them will just turn around and head straight back to the pit with only a few stragglers following you. I then used this strategy two or three more times and then finished off any remaining stragglers in the pit.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the consensus on Rikki as a character? I'm really liking her characterization and her dynamic with Deacon

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the consensus on Rikki as a character? I'm really liking her characterization and her dynamic with Deacon
Same. Actress does a great job. One of the more appealing, believable characters in the game. Actually manages to occasionally make Deacon likable (and for the record - I don't mind crabby, asshole Deacon).

Love this game. No idea how much I have left, but it's been a long time since an open world game has grabbed me like this. I've looked forward to playing every day since I got it at launch.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question about number of camps
Is Iron Mike's the final one you unlock? 3 camps in total?

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Same. Actress does a great job. One of the more appealing, believable characters in the game. Actually manages to occasionally make Deacon likable (and for the record - I don't mind crabby, asshole Deacon).

Love this game. No idea how much I have left, but it's been a long time since an open world game has grabbed me like this. I've looked forward to playing every day since I got it at launch.
I like Deacon pretty much at all times!

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I really hate that one of the hordes in the back end of the game

cave full of Anarchists that have kidnapped a Sergeant or something like that

is relatively large yet 1) is not considered one of the hordes that count toward anything and 2) do not drop freaker ears.

Does make for quite the surprise though.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
The Tucker camp thing kind of went over my head for awhile for some reason. It didn't really click till I rescued someone later on and had the choice to send them there and it hit me what I had done sending others there. I felt horrible even though it has no real impact in game, I genuinely felt terrible for send others there in my ignorance.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Camp 3 overall has the best cast of characters and its a damn shame we as players had to suffer through the first two camps. This game needed some serious editing. I hope for the sequel they bring back decisions and incorporate them with camp allegiances and make the main story 20-30 hours instead of the current 30-40.

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
1557167223-days-gone-20190506190351.png

1557167162-days-gone-20190506083019.png

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
ughhh cutscene audio sync issue really becoming a problem on my end. one of the obviously important scenes just ruined for me lol

seems to happen when coming back to the game from rest mode?
Yeah, I used rest mode entirely until the 3rd camp and then every cutscene started going out of sync. I turned the PS4 off and on and haven't had the problem since. It seems like a lot of the performances issues like FPS drops and audio/video sync are solved by closing/opening the game, or cycling the PS4 power.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Yeah, I used rest mode entirely until the 3rd camp and then every cutscene started going out of sync. I turned the PS4 off and on and haven't had the problem since. It seems like a lot of the performances issues like FPS drops and audio/video sync are solved by closing/opening the game, or cycling the PS4 power.

Thanks! I'm about passed that marker too, so good to know. Going to cycle the power and see how it fares.

Oct 25, 2017
After the first two hours I was a bit underwhelmed by the game but now about 10 hours in I'm really digging this. Quite like the way I'm more drawn to the game the more I play it.

Oct 25, 2017
So I was riding a long on my bike and all of a sudden this weird 3D effect happened, HUD was fine but it was as if something was happening to Deacon.
He didnt mention anything after it finished tho, any ideas?