• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Luckily, I didn't have any problems, no crash, no audio glitch and no major frame drop. But I moved to the reported area last night. Yeah, the framerate is getting slowdonw here and there. Also, I'm not a big fan of the map design. It's gamey here.
Yes, 720p 30FPS.
Do you think that disabling the share function change anything?

Btw, do any of you know what is the function of the "Backup Camera" in bike options?
Thanks!
I didn't mean anything, I just thought Pro's default setting is 1920x1080.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it. Damn, what a ride! Had a great time with it. Haven't seen the true ending quite yet but I'm gunna go for the plat.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Basically those reviews posted on Reddit right before any official reviews dropped, saying the game was surprisingly fun and interesting but kind of a technical nightmare, were dead on.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Just rode

over the pass into the 4th camp

Still love the game despite some small issues here and there. Story is picking up and graphics still impress me. Deacons character has opened up and made him a lot more interesting for me. All in all the game is a solid 8.5 in my books and I do not understand some of the "bad" reviews.
I'm having a lot of fun with the game and always look forward to my next session with it
I like they did not make him the generic tough biker guy. and actually gave him some emotional depth

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its so hilarious when Deacon is pretending to lie to another human being, he sounds so fake and trying to be sarcastic at the same time. The lying talks even more hilarious when both Deacon and other person are lying to each other

Leaving the camp without any available missions, just to get an instant call to come back to the camp as soon as you leave it, is really silly.

I dont think you cant get calls while you are in a camp, which is silly

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I want to hunt more hordes before finishing the story. How do you guys go about finding them (assuming you don't just google it)? Some areas say they have 6 or 7 and I'm like...wha? Where?

Also

Im at the Nomad mission that says it will lock off the northern region if I do it (I don't want to do so yet!)

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I want to hunt more hordes before finishing the story. How do you guys go about finding them (assuming you don't just google it)? Some areas say they have 6 or 7 and I'm like...wha? Where?

Also

Im at the Nomad mission that says it will lock off the northern region if I do it (I don't want to do so yet!)
For hordes, you get markers for them at a certain point in the late game. Don't fret too much about them or using a guide. Also you will eventually get the map opened back up for you even if the north is locked out for the time being.

Also as for how much more you have. That's maybe the 50% mark for the game. It's a very long game!

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the trophy for completing the story, absolutely fantastic game.

It did have quite a few technical issues by the end but nothing game breaking or too bothersome really. Story, characters, music, world, graphics, atmosphere are all top notch though and I am really hoping that sony greenlight a sequel and Bend can expand to get some of the issues they had out of the way.

Imaging what Days Gone 2 would be like on PS5 is just mind melting and something I will be there for day one again.

Keep playing if you haven't. :)

Am I crazy, or is the Deacon, Skizzo, Iron Mike triangle pretty good in terms of writing?

I thought most of the characters were well written, but it does kick it up a notch once you get to camp 3.

Also

About little over halfway thru.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
For hordes, you get markers for them at a certain point in the late game. Don't fret too much about them or using a guide. Also you will eventually get the map opened back up for you even if the north is locked out for the time being.

Also as for how much more you have. That's maybe the 50% mark for the game. It's a very long game!
Holy crap I thought I was almost done!

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
it's way worse than in other areas for me too, though is not so much objects popping or textures no loading, but the framerate getting constant slowdowns

Oh yeah, that's noticeably worse for me as well. Even fast travel causes things to freeze here rather than it being pretty seamless when used in the rest of the world.

This area is really putting a damper on my playthrough.

Oct 27, 2017
G
Holy shit I just had the game give me ten heart attacks, lol. I was driving along and decided to take out a deer. I did that and then ended up with a convention of different enemy types all coming after me. The first fight is with a fairly early game enemy type and the rest shouldn't be a spoiler. Forgive my constant fiddling with the weapon wheel, I wasn't expecting this shit.

Good lord

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
WTF is up with saving in this game? Yesterday I was playing "Drifters on the Mountain" or whatever, and made pretty good headway, all through a forest, killed some people in a camp, reached the place where I realize my bike is missing, and then follow a guy into some kind of community to ask about my bike. Upon entering that community, I saved the game, figuring I'll continue on from there later.

Just tried to load it up, and they've put me all the way back to being at my apartment thing, and putting my friend onto the couch. WTF. So pissed, I don't know if I'll be starting the game up again any time soon. Absolute garbage, how did this even pass QA? In 2019 how do you let a player get that far and not save their position, like my time is absolutely worthless to these devs?

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm, still missing two level for one of the final two trophies (other one is stealth kills), hopefully taking out some more hordes will be enough, I basically finished everything else at this point.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Holy shit I just had the game give me ten heart attacks, lol. I was driving along and decided to take out a deer. I did that and then ended up with a convention of different enemy types all coming after me. The first fight is with a fairly early game enemy type and the rest shouldn't be a spoiler. Forgive my constant fiddling with the weapon wheel, I wasn't expecting this shit.

I fought a bear earlier for a story mission, can't imagine fighting 2 but holy hell that freaker was so a hundred times worse, I guess I'm still super early and haven't encountered any yet.

Last edited:

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
WTF is up with saving in this game? Yesterday I was playing "Drifters on the Mountain" or whatever, and made pretty good headway, all through a forest, killed some people in a camp, reached the place where I realize my bike is missing, and then follow a guy into some kind of community to ask about my bike. Upon entering that community, I saved the game, figuring I'll continue on from there later.

Just tried to load it up, and they've put me all the way back to being at my apartment thing, and putting my friend onto the couch. WTF. So pissed, I don't know if I'll be starting the game up again any time soon. Absolute garbage, how did this even pass QA? In 2019 how do you let a player get that far and not save their position, like my time is absolutely worthless to these devs?
While I'll agree it's a dumb design decision, you can speedrun back to where you were in maybe five minutes. The same thing happened to me.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, that's off base. Although I could see why you'd draw that conclusion.

If Mad Max was like 80% empty, 15% okay content and 5% great content, Days Gone is like 60% empty, 15% okay content, 25% great content

At least in pure gameplay/design terms. It's a way better game.

I say this as someone who really liked Mad Max.

I don't know about comparing the specific amounts of content, but as much as I liked Mad Max, I enjoy playing this a LOT more.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I got Copeland to level 2 last night for the upgrades and man, just riding the bike from place to place is such a pleasure in this game. The bike takes some time getting used to but now that I'm whipping around trees and getting airtime off every little hill it's so fun to control, and the visuals are amazing, speeding under light beams cast through tree branches and stuff. It's nice to fast travel when I just want to get a mission done but that bike is good shit.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if you can do the chemult community college horde end game? I can't find this horde at all, and it seems like it's story related from what I looked up but it seems I may have completed the mission with out finishing off the horde. Not sure what to do at this point.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone know if you can do the chemult community college horde end game? I can't find this horde at all, and it seems like it's story related from what I looked up but it seems I may have completed the mission with out finishing off the horde. Not sure what to do at this point.

I just killed this horde about 30 minutes ago; they weren't part of a mission, they were just out walking around the football field during the day time.

Oct 25, 2017
I got Copeland to level 2 last night for the upgrades and man, just riding the bike from place to place is such a pleasure in this game. The bike takes some time getting used to but now that I'm whipping around trees and getting airtime off every little hill it's so fun to control, and the visuals are amazing, speeding under light beams cast through tree branches and stuff. It's nice to fast travel when I just want to get a mission done but that bike is good shit.

I'm in the 5th area of the game and I haven't used the fast travel even once because I like riding the bike so much. I got the powerslide for 10 minutes trophy without even trying because it's the only way I go around corners.

Also, now that I have my durability up and the skill that lets me repair the bike for half the scrap running over freakers is great fun.

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Well the Mad Max vibe is right on the money. Picked this up and just spend around 3 hours with it. I am ill-prepared to deal with most of the stuff getting thrown at me right now and gas is a pain in the ass, but I'm having fun. They really toss you in the deep end.

I have not successfully figured out the rules of these zombies. Is it just sound? Sometimes they seem blind but then they don't, kind of random.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I just killed this horde about 30 minutes ago; they weren't part of a mission, they were just out walking around the football field during the day time.
Hmm are you at end game or past the mission you are forced to encounter them? I've been here 10+ times day/night can't find anything at all.

Edit: Ok they just all spawned behind me after I just checked the area and killed one line freaker, something weird with the spawning here. I swear it's like games know when you post about a problem and fixes itself so you feel dumb.

Last edited:

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else having some sort of glitch? Even at camps, the red text will say like "can't fast travel, must clear out infestation".

But it's a camp?? I'm so confused. And is anyone else's red text so fucking hard to read? I literally have to squint my eyes

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Is anyone else having some sort of glitch? Even at camps, the red text will say like "can't fast travel, must clear out infestation".

But it's a camp?? I'm so confused. And is anyone else's red text so fucking hard to read? I literally have to squint my eyes

That happens, if the route to the camp is "blocked" by an infestation, you either have to use another travel point first and then select the camp (other route) or clear out the nest(s).

Oct 25, 2017

That first one was tanky as hell.

The rest of it made me lol. They wouldn't stop coming.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, still missing two level for one of the final two trophies (other one is stealth kills), hopefully taking out some more hordes will be enough, I basically finished everything else at this point.

I did everything and about 60% of the hordes before I got the level trophy, which was the last trophy I needed.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I have honestly had zero problems with the save system. Though I often quicksave at my bike.

just found Sarah...that was not the reunion I expected...!

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
They gave it 6.5? Jesus these scores piss me off, lol. Fuckin game deserves better, as does Bend Studio.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
They gave it 6.5? Jesus these scores piss me off, lol. Fuckin game deserves better, as dies Bend Studio.

Everyone has their opinion and the game definitely isn't perfect, but I'm enjoying this game so much it's sitting firmly at a 9/10, with it being one of my favorite open world games this gen. I played every spare second I had this weekend and I'm sad I have to go to work tomorrow.

Side note, this game continues to impress me with small details.

I entered a building while it was snowing outside, and snow still fell in the building.

I've seen this in other games so it didn't seem surprising, until I realized why it was snowing inside. The skylight glass was broken! It was only snowing in the area of the broken glass.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Is anyone else having audio sync issues later on in the game? During the ending cutscene for the Earning Our Keep storyline the voices was about five seconds behind the actual cutscene.