• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I was really excited at how the story had picked up after the first act, but performance is continuing to get worse. I'm now dealing with framerate drops, freezing and textures completely failing to load. Hope there's some other patches coming in the future because it's borderline unplayable right now.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I didn't know that side quests were missable. I missed one of the Visit Sarah's grave missions because I did a story mission that took me to another area and by the time I was able to free roam again the mission had disapeared... Real bummer cuz I had been doing everything up to that point.

I had to look this up. Sure enough, I JUST missed the cutoff for this mission.

Goddammit, I thought games were done with this arbitrary cutoff bullshit. Did I just fuck myself out of the True Ending?

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

Was me yesterday, kinda fucked up my own escape so just tried it. I'm gonna assume this is just one of the smaller hordes, maybe smallest.

Almost increased my trust to level 2 so I'm gonna have to decide if I want a shotgun or will stick with the assault rifle I have.
Will go to crossbow soon because someone said it's great once you get a perk.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
I love the game but I'm starting to have a gripe with the amount of cutscenes during main missions. Don't get me wrong, I love them, they are really well done with solid acting and voice, but it's just ridiculous sometimes. I feel like so many of these moments could've been done in game and without taking control from the player. People hate RDR2 but this game got many things right, including perfect balance between gameplay and cinematics.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Performance in the Southern
militia
area is tanking for me. Had two different instances of objects popping in front of and killing me in the bike.

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting really concerned for Deacon's state of mind.

I've heard him shout "runner" on like ten occasions and have only ever seen one.

He constantly calls out "Sniper ambush" when I'm driving...and not being ambushed. Or long after I have killed the sniper ambush.

Earlier today I was looting a car and he kept saying his "Need to clear out the nests" dialogue lines, immediately followed by the "I'll be back later to clear out those nests" dialogue lines. There was no nest. The nests are gone Deacon. It's okay, they can't hurt you any more.

Ha, I had this. Deacon shouted "BEAR!" so I started looking around and an old, slow single freaker lurched into view.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Performance in the Southern
militia
area is tanking for me. Had two different instances of objects popping in front of and killing me in the bike.

it's way worse than in other areas for me too, though is not so much objects popping or textures no loading, but the framerate getting constant slowdowns

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I tried it last night and I think it makes the camera automatically center as you turn the bike. No idea why it's called backup camera.
But I have it off and it center automatically anyway if I don't use the right stick... mmm, I have to test it.

BTW other than the rubbish human AI (such a shame, they are totally blind and clueless), one big issue is the lack of a button to watch behind you while running, both on foot and on bike.

On foot it would be incredibly usefull while you are chased by freakers (especially the horde, I died a lot times by being stuck cause I didn't know where I was going), but you are already full of usable buttons so other then use the right touchpad I don't know how it could be done (not by pressing it but only touching it).

On the bike, instead, you have triangle and L3 that have no scope, it was really that hard to put the option there?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
For Those Experiencing Slow Down / Framerate Issues
Just to share what I shared earlier in the thread, for myself, who almost always plays a game from resuming on my PS4 Pro, that is what seems to kill the framerate for me. if I quit the game completely everytime and launch it from scratch, I experience almost no slow downs or framerate issues. It is not ideal since the game takes a good amount of time to load initially, but it has been worth it to alleviate most of the slow down issues I have seen. And I do not believe it is a placebo effect either. The more I resume the worse things get. No resuming and I only see it now and then.

In regards to playing the game itself, I am at least 10 hours in and although I have been trying my best to avoid this thread as there is a decent amount of unmarked spoilers in it, I do know based on the comments I have read here I have hardly begun even playing the actual game itself. I had a real issue stopping everywhere I saw initially and just fucking around. Now I am just starting to focus on Story Missions to move things along. I wish I took this approach right from the beginning, but I do think the initial fucking around has made me more adept at killing, so it has not been a total loss. I just know I am not even probably at 15%, and that is pretty insane.

Oct 25, 2017
The performance issues you get by the end of the game (~40 hours, at the
4th camp
area) are pretty bad. I'd say there is a serious memory leak at play, as performance seems to degrade over time played (though from a complete restart, you get back to bad performance reasonably fast in this area, so there is also something to do with the state the game is in at that point). You're looking at a lot of hitching, FPS drops (which are probably just micro-stutters), and the occasional 1-2 second full-stop hitch. Sometimes I thought the game was just going to crash on me, and it did, but only once. I really hope Bend / Sony can sort out those issues; I love this game, and have already finished it and am working on the platinum, so I'm accustomed to it, but it really blemishes a great product..

For reference, was playing on a PS4Pro.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
4th camp
area) are pretty bad. I'd say there is a serious memory leak at play, as performance seems to degrade over time played (though from a complete restart, you get back to bad performance reasonably fast in this area, so there is also something to do with the state the game is in at that point). You're looking at a lot of hitching, FPS drops (which are probably just micro-stutters), and the occasional 1-2 second full-stop hitch. Sometimes I thought the game was just going to crash on me, and it did, but only once. I really hope Bend / Sony can sort out those issues; I love this game, and have already finished it and am working on the platinum, so I'm accustomed to it, but it really blemishes a great product..

this & the loading times seem to be the game's major problems, technically. i''m still early in, but've already come to dread upcoming cutscenes, knowing just how long the loading times can be :) ...

Oct 25, 2017
D50wLudUIAUvk1U

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
4th camp

I know they really wanted to push the PlayStation 4 hardware but maybe they were a little too ambitious in the end? This should be a real treat when replayed on PlayStation 5.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
4th camp

Its why I kinda slowed down about 12-15 hours into the game. I'm hoping a patch comes along to somewhat fix it.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just rode

over the pass into the 4th camp

Still love the game despite some small issues here and there. Story is picking up and graphics still impress me. Deacons character has opened up and made him a lot more interesting for me. All in all the game is a solid 8.5 in my books and I do not understand some of the "bad" reviews.
I'm having a lot of fun with the game and always look forward to my next session with it

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wow another
area down south

Keep just keeps going. That character you meet briefly at the new camp was great and funny. Hope we see more of him ha

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished... The true ending is just... Wow... I hope Sony support Bend and Days Gone 2.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
For Those Experiencing Slow Down / Framerate Issues
Just to share what I shared earlier in the thread, for myself, who almost always plays a game from resuming on my PS4 Pro, that is what seems to kill the framerate for me. if I quit the game completely everytime and launch it from scratch, I experience almost no slow downs or framerate issues. It is not ideal since the game takes a good amount of time to load initially, but it has been worth it to alleviate most of the slow down issues I have seen. And I do not believe it is a placebo effect either. The more I resume the worse things get. No resuming and I only see it now and then.
You might be onto something. I started running into cutscenes audio/video desyncing around the 3rd camp and I'd been using Rest Mode entirely since the beginning of the game. Turned the PS4 off/on and the issue seems to have gone away for now.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You might be onto something. I started running into cutscenes audio/video desyncing around the 3rd camp and I'd been using Rest Mode entirely since the beginning of the game. Turned the PS4 off/on and the issue seems to have gone away for now.
I can vouch for the framerate thing. When you start running into choppy framerates, rebooting the game seems to fix it.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After finishing the game and playing for that long, rebooting only lasts about 5 minutes before being chuggy as all heck again.

This is becoming semi-frequent

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
hi guys, I just spent some time killing a horde NE of Carlos' resort (I already killed him etc). It never gave me horde complete notification, and now based on Google I think it was a story horde. So what happens if you destroy a horde but not during the mission it's part of, when that mission comes around?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
hi guys, I just spent some time killing a horde NE of Carlos' resort (I already killed him etc). It never gave me horde complete notification, and now based on Google I think it was a story horde. So what happens if you destroy a horde but not during the mission it's part of, when that mission comes around?

It still would've said you completed it most likely there are some stragglers still around and depending on the time of day they could be in their home cave which you have to find or if you are out at night they should be nearby just kill anything

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Well they weren't kidding when they said the world comes for you.

I was just clearing out a bandit camp and a fucking mini horde rocks up behind me, clearly out for a morning run and decided to join the party. Lets just say things went to shit very fast lol

Even though it was slightly annoying to get unexpectedly murdered, I can't really fault the game for having such a random thing happen. It's one of the things I love about the game to be honest and it makes it stand apart from most open world games.
Worse that's happened to me is clearing a bandit camp, get down to 2 left, and 2-3 wolves decide to join the party.

They killed the last 2, got the camp clear message, but then had to deal with the wolves.

I was better off without the wolves.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
It still would've said you completed it most likely there are some stragglers still around and depending on the time of day they could be in their home cave which you have to find or if you are out at night they should be nearby just kill anything
I mean I scoured the area around the horde area (it's out in the open) like crazy, waited till daytime, blew stuff up to see if it attracted any back to the area. There's none left there. This is bizarre.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit I just had the game give me ten heart attacks, lol. I was driving along and decided to take out a deer. I did that and then ended up with a convention of different enemy types all coming after me. The first fight is with a fairly early game enemy type and the rest shouldn't be a spoiler. Forgive my constant fiddling with the weapon wheel, I wasn't expecting this shit.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Both times the game has thrown a mandatory horde at me in a mission I have had no warning, no chance to change my equipment, and completely the wrong equipment.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit I just had the game give me ten heart attacks, lol. I was driving along and decided to take out a deer. I did that and then ended up with a convention of different enemy types all coming after me. The first fight is with a fairly early game enemy type and the rest shouldn't be a spoiler. Forgive my constant fiddling with the weapon wheel, I wasn't expecting this shit.

Headshots do an absurd amount of damage to the berserk guys, it also stuns there run at you

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I mean I scoured the area around the horde area (it's out in the open) like crazy, waited till daytime, blew stuff up to see if it attracted any back to the area. There's none left there. This is bizarre.
Had the same thing today, also with the sawmill horde a while back. I just assume it doesn't mark it as complete until you do the story mission

Also, this region doesn't have any horde as a part of its collectibles, so perhaps there isnt any info about clearing it at all

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just got the trophy for completing the story, absolutely fantastic game.

It did have quite a few technical issues by the end but nothing game breaking or too bothersome really. Story, characters, music, world, graphics, atmosphere are all top notch though and I am really hoping that sony greenlight a sequel and Bend can expand to get some of the issues they had out of the way.

Imaging what Days Gone 2 would be like on PS5 is just mind melting and something I will be there for day one again.