• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 23, 2019
I get the feeling that Sony's internal mock reviews scored this game a lot higher than it did once critics and fans got their hands on it.

It's a shame because the game is impressive in some ways. Sony Bend went from making a handheld Uncharted game to a massive open world zombie (wait, no, freaker!) game. The motorcycle feels great, the environments are beautiful, melee combat is fun, but man those NERO stealth missions are some of the worst forced stealth segments I've played. I wasn't a fan of the MJ sections in Spiderman PS4, but those are high art compared to these.

I want to Platinum it, and I am enjoying myself, but at the same time certain things just are so frustrating.

They also came back and made one of the best looking games on the PS4 with the best use of HDR lighting I've seen. I also think it scored better internally.

It is what it is. Hopefully the game goes on to sell the millions it deserves.

Mar 29, 2018
That wasn't a problem for me at all. Probably because of my +500 hours in TW3 lol
Haha, it's not a problem for me, I just noticed it

TW3 does it very well I think. The transitions are into dialogue scenes which are a different form of gameplay. DG is more like... Moments that are clearly MEANT to be seamless transitions aren't, and you get fade to blacks for moments where the characters only move a few feet between shots (which implies gameplay was meant to go in between)

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The a sawmill horde is gone, I finished the side mission that was close to it but didn't have strong weapons to kill it, now that I'm back to that location there's nothing, not even 1 freaker.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
The a sawmill horde is gone, I finished the side mission that was close to it but didn't have strong weapons to kill it, now that I'm back to that location there's nothing, not even 1 freaker.

If it's nighttime they're probably roaming around the area, maybe a nearby lake. They're really only at the saw mill during the daytime.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Auto fail stealth section?

Fuck off

Between this and Spiderman, Sony, tell your studios to stop this garbage

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Bah, annoying end to a session - two crashes to dash when i'd taken a nero checkpoint - pain doing them again now

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
got the platinum 2 days ago but i am still playing it just walking around in the woods enjoying the view

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Man, the Bromance between "Deek & Booze" is among the best relationships I've seen in a game. Hands down.

In the beginning you expect them to be some bad-ass, meathead duo that wrecks shit together. Yet another "one of them dies, gets captured, revenge" storylines... and the boom, right in the feels.

I BET EVERYONE
thought the arm thing would get sorted out with like two or three fetch quests.
I never expected Deacon to take physical and emotinal care of Boozer for the next 20+ hours and watch him struggle/adapt to the new circumstances.

Seeing poor Boozer break his back on the field makes me want to kill the rippers even more lol

Well done Bend, well done!

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I am surprised how good the game is !
I like the dialogue, the language, the different storylines (it reminds me Horizon with the past, the present and the personal quest of the character)

Surprised too by the strong side characters in the game, there are really good characters
(Iron Mike, Rikki, Tucker for example)

There are some cons here and here like framerate issues (PS4 Pro), annoying characters
(Skizzo for example)

But overall, this is an entertaining game and the story gets better and the map too

Oct 30, 2017
Question: if I found weapons laying around and I picked it up... I will still find my purchases weapons in the lockers right?

And what about the laying weapons I pick up, will I also find them back in the locker or only the one I purchased?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Question: if I found weapons laying around and I picked it up... I will still find my purchases weapons in the lockers right?

And what about the laying weapons I pick up, will I also find them back in the locker or only the one I purchased?
The weapons are in the lockers if only you buy them (if you pick them around, they won't be in the lockers)

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017

Weapons you buy are stored in the locker, weapons you pick will stay with you until you drop them and then they're gone.

Could I get a % on the story, I feel like I've done a lot but haven't really seen much in terms of plot development (which is a criticism I saw come up in a lot of reviews).

I've gone into that little town with Iron Mike to get the info about dynamite. As a side note the mission before that seems to be the first time that the game has brought up the hordes in the story, aside from seeing one right at the start of the game with Boozer.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
That's a lot of injectors. I'm still at camp 3, I'd guess whenever they decided to head up north, a new map will open up?
Like, the map until now is only like half the total area

Anyway, I'm just murdering folks to look at their maps.

Yeah there's still quite a bit of area left to unlock after the 3rd camp.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Weapons you buy are stored in the locker, weapons you pick will stay with you until you drop them and then they're gone.

Could I get a % on the story, I feel like I've done a lot but haven't really seen much in terms of plot development (which is a criticism I saw come up in a lot of reviews).

I've gone into that little town with Iron Mike to get the info about dynamite. As a side note the mission before that seems to be the first time that the game has brought up the hordes in the story, aside from seeing one right at the start of the game with Boozer.

Around halfway thru give or take.

Oct 30, 2017
The weapons are in the lockers if only you buy them (if you pick them around, they won't be in the lockers)

Only ones you purchase, they appear in your locker forever. No others
Thanks for the answer :-)

strotee

Aug 9, 2018
I won the auction for it on Ebay for $42. I wasn't planning on winning the auction but I guess I own the physical game. I'll see what all the hubbub is about this Thursday.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's nighttime they're probably roaming around the area, maybe a nearby lake. They're really only at the saw mill during the daytime.
I loaded a previous save and it showed up, know i kill ever freaker on site but I didn't get the horde completed message, i have looked everywhere for freaks around the sawmill and there's nothing, i even drop attractors all around the sawmill and nothing, this game really glitches some times lol

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Nah, that's off base. Although I could see why you'd draw that conclusion.

If Mad Max was like 80% empty, 15% okay content and 5% great content, Days Gone is like 60% empty, 15% okay content, 25% great content

At least in pure gameplay/design terms. It's a way better game.

I say this as someone who really liked Mad Max.

Oh man you probably just sold me on this

I loved the hell out of mad max

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Encountered my first bug yesterday. When using a Molotov their were no flames but freaks would animate like their on fire when they stepped where i threw was a weird experience.

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
1557084246-days-gone-20190505092319.png

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Oh man. You gotta get on this. It's State of Decay but WAY more polished and tight. So, so good

It's arguably way too long and the earliest builds were horrendously buggy - hence the lukewarm reviews
it sort of reminds me of GTA in the way the missions story are spread out and staggered how it progresses with each mission so far done about 8 or so missions in southern region for Iron Mikes camp. And estimates say i am 40% done i was think i was 2/3 at least.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I am getting really concerned for Deacon's state of mind.

I've heard him shout "runner" on like ten occasions and have only ever seen one.

He constantly calls out "Sniper ambush" when I'm driving...and not being ambushed. Or long after I have killed the sniper ambush.

Earlier today I was looting a car and he kept saying his "Need to clear out the nests" dialogue lines, immediately followed by the "I'll be back later to clear out those nests" dialogue lines. There was no nest. The nests are gone Deacon. It's okay, they can't hurt you any more.

I'm still enjoying this game when it works, but good god there are so many bugs. Some are kind of funny, like a large group of zombies walking too close to a base machine gunner and just falling over (Which is likely intentional), frozen in time in their running poses like statues and the occasional floating head and necks having deep discussions around camps.

But the ammo types not working as they should, unresponsive patrolling NPCs freezing in place on forced stealth missions and the occasional worldspace disappearing beneath my feet are just stupid.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Yup. Framerate is fine most of the time, vut I had a few short freezes and one long freeze today. 4 to 5 seconds, I guess.

Ah ok, honestly the second area is way more problematic in regard of stutter/freeze. Another heavy zone is that sort of little city with some buildings.

they should have found a way to fix those issues in some way, but I guess that Unreal Engine 3/4 is quite crappy for open worlds (the stutters are heavier than the crappy PC version og Batman Arkham Knight).

Did you record this with default share setting?

Yes, 720p 30FPS.
Do you think that disabling the share function change anything?

Btw, do any of you know what is the function of the "Backup Camera" in bike options?
Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Well they weren't kidding when they said the world comes for you.

I was just clearing out a bandit camp and a fucking mini horde rocks up behind me, clearly out for a morning run and decided to join the party. Lets just say things went to shit very fast lol

Even though it was slightly annoying to get unexpectedly murdered, I can't really fault the game for having such a random thing happen. It's one of the things I love about the game to be honest and it makes it stand apart from most open world games.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Never thought i'd say this, but so far this is looking like my current GOTY. Game really started to grow on me after reaching the third camp, and now i've moved even further (feels like the game never ends, but that's a good thing).

Really interesting characters and the graphics are actually insane because of the very nicely implemented HDR. Personally i'd give it an 8 or even a 9 if it keeps the momentum going in the latter section.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding ambush camps. do I need to go out of my way to find them, or will there be some sidequests that will lead me to them?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Regarding ambush camps. do I need to go out of my way to find them, or will there be some sidequests that will lead me to them?
Some sidequests will guide you to them but only few of them

To find the majority of these camps, you have to explore and the maps found in the bunkers help you a lot with freakers nests locations

Oct 27, 2017
Well they weren't kidding when they said the world comes for you.

I was just clearing out a bandit camp and a fucking mini horde rocks up behind me, clearly out for a morning run and decided to join the party. Lets just say things went to shit very fast lol

Even though it was slightly annoying to get unexpectedly murdered, I can't really fault the game for having such a random thing happen. It's one of the things I love about the game to be honest and it makes it stand apart from most open world games.

Not sure if this is the same camp so tagging this camp location related:

there's a camp where the horde lives below. If they hear something going on above, they will shamble out and come up and see what's going on. Thought it was random at first but after retrying the camp a few times I could watch them walk out whenever there was gunfire. When I heard them coming, I just ran to the other end of the camp and sort of hid away. The fools started shooting me but a few seconds later it was all over. When the horde was done, they just turned around and went back to bed.(too early in the game for me to take them on)

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the same camp so tagging this camp location related:

there's a camp where the horde lives below. If they hear something going on above, they will shamble out and come up and see what's going on. Thought it was random at first but after retrying the camp a few times I could watch them walk out whenever there was gunfire. When I heard them coming, I just ran to the other end of the camp and sort of hid away. The fools started shooting me but a few seconds later it was all over. When the horde was done, they just turned around and went back to bed.(too early in the game for me to take them on)

Not sure to be honest, as I was using the crossbow and being stealthy, no gunfire, so if it was the same camp, they decided to have a walk out anyway lol

Will need to check the camp when I load it back up later.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the platinum with about 60% of the hordes killed. Not sure I'll finish up the rest of them. Maybe if they announce story dlc I'll do them before that, but otherwise I'm done and really enjoyed the game a lot. A solid 8/10 could've been higher, but some of those frame rate issues started to get annoying late game.

Really loved the soundtrack and I'll leave some of my favorites below.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
it sort of reminds me of GTA in the way the missions story are spread out and staggered how it progresses with each mission so far done about 8 or so missions in southern region for Iron Mikes camp. And estimates say i am 40% done i was think i was 2/3 at least.
How about a comparison to Mafia III?

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the platinum with about 60% of the hordes killed. Not sure I'll finish up the rest of them. Maybe if they announce story dlc I'll do them before that, but otherwise I'm done and really enjoyed the game a lot. A solid 8/10 could've been higher, but some of those frame rate issues started to get annoying late game.

Really loved the soundtrack and I'll leave some of my favorites below.

You played on PS4 Pro?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
oh boy, this game is huge. I was pretty sure I was getting close to finishing the story but now It feels more like I'm in the middle of it or something.

It kinda feels like I wrapped the 1st season of a TV Show and now I'm going straight up to the 2nd season with this whole new overall premise and cast of characters

Auto fail stealth section?

Fuck off

Between this and Spiderman, Sony, tell your studios to stop this garbage

To this game's credit, they are better contextualized and implemented here, but yeah, I would much rather not have sequences like these in games of this nature again

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Leaving the camp without any available missions, just to get an instant call to come back to the camp as soon as you leave it, is really silly.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
oh boy, this game is huge. I was pretty sure I was getting close to finishing the story but now It feels more like I'm in the middle of it or something.

It kinda feels like I wrapped the 1st season of a TV Show and now I'm going straight up to the 2nd season with this whole new overall premise and cast of characters

To this game's credit, they are better contextualized and implemented here, but yeah, I would much rather not have sequences like these in games of this nature again
Eh considering they give you easy checkpoints in them and they mostly last 5-10 minutes tops which allows them to exist but not wear out their welcome i would say i enjoy them