• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Good thing youse never played the original Uncharted trilogy, you'd be having fits over the flashlight

(Hint: it's the only functional and clean way to effectively do a TPS flashlight unless you're a blank cheque studio like Naughty Dog)
I did play the original Uncharted Trilogy and I don't remember it being that way. Maybe I'm just remembering Uncharted 4 having it the way that I wish this game did.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I'm totally the same. I've been stealthing all of the time. I'm playing it like I would if I was really in a situation like this. I'm almost always at full inventory because I don't use my weapons once. Last night I faced off against my first small horde (maybe about 20 or so), and that did have me using everything I could do survive (I died quite a bit before I finally killed them all. i have it all captured on my stream for posterity. lol). I really, really love the tone and atmosphere of this game. It's super intense.
I'm the same, I use my firearms only when absolutely necessary. I'm 90% stealth.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is it possible to just play through the story without side content? I'll still have enough funds to get good guns and upgrade my bike? Just found out how long the story is and no way I have the time for that and side content. Thanks in advance.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to just play through the story without side content? I'll still have enough funds to get good guns and upgrade my bike? Just found out how long the story is and no way I have the time for that and side content. Thanks in advance.
Yeah I finished the main story before all bandit camps, all hordes etc. You'll have enough money, especially if you find ammo in cars instead of wasting your money in camps.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'd be enjoy this game a lot more if I didn't have to constantly ping the fucking detective vision to identify stuff to pick up. Just keep the little white arrows on the screen and ditch the detective mode. It's so pointless and annoying.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah I also like when they try to reason with you at some points as if that will work lol

Deacon himself makes the world feel so alive since he comments on the ambushes and such

lol! yeah, I love that too. Last night as I was hiding in the bushes, this dude was like, "Hey, just come on out, it'll be fine!" I killed them all. Deek wasn't born yesterday. XD

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol! yeah, I love that too. Last night as I was hiding in the bushes, this dude was like, "Hey, just come on out, it'll be fine!" I killed them all. Deek wasn't born yesterday. XD
So true. One of them (a woman) kinda flirted with me so that I stop hiding ;D They all died seconds later :P

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
I'd be enjoy this game a lot more if I didn't have to constantly ping the fucking detective vision to identify stuff to pick up. Just keep the little white arrows on the screen and ditch the detective mode. It's so pointless and annoying.
whats worse is its so dam hard to identify the tracks without vision. they need to adjust the tracks contrast a bit so you can track it without the need of vision when survival difficulty comes out.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Deacon showing off how to hunt and track a deer after wounding it:

This ripper has some ups.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain the save system in this game please? I've just brought Broozer back to the safe house, I go out to find my bike and following the guy who's spying on us. Complete that little bit then head to Copeland's camp. After my chat with him, I save. Quit, go back and I'm back to the scene when you arrive with Broozer at the safehouse.

I load up my manual save again and it does the same thing, as do all of my auto saves. What on earth is going on here? This has happened in the same section 3 times in a row now to the point of me not wanting to play the game until I work out what's going on.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please explain the save system in this game please? I've just brought Broozer back to the safe house, I go out to find my bike and following the guy who's spying on us. Complete that little bit then head to Copeland's camp. After my chat with him, I save. Quit, go back and I'm back to the scene when you arrive with Broozer at the safehouse.

I load up my manual save again and it does the same thing, as do all of my auto saves. What on earth is going on here? This has happened in the same section 3 times in a row now to the point of me not wanting to play the game until I work out what's going on.
Just dont save during missions

Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

Well..I'll...I'll just go play knack 2

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Just about to start the game. Any tips you can share? Something you wish you'd have known before playing?

🚔 = ammo
🚑 = meds
Tow truck = ⛽️

Get your stuff on the road for free and save your money/credits.

Also don't turn in certain things you find immediately (you'll figure out what I mean).
Collect and sit on it for a while until you know where to turn it in, since different places offer different upgrades.

That's about it.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
For new players interested in digesting the story as much as possible, I recommend periodically reading over recent entries in the Storylines section of the menu. Deacon's comments there go beyond simple quest recaps and offer some background information that isn't mentioned elsewhere (in some cases).

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
you know when you turn in 800 ears of every variety and the merchant gives you a muted ok very good, instead of going HOLY FUCK DEEK, is kind of tilting >.> , who is this other bounty hunter where my take is not impressive i want to meet them.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm a couple hours in and not bad so far except for the jarring cutscene transitions and the controls seem way more complicated than they need to be, lots of unnecessary button presses. The game is absolutely gorgeous though.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Finally got around to starting it right after just about finishing horizen and honestly i find it better than horizen much more so outside of lore so far

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Goddamn the environments are so rich and detailed. I just came across this lonely ruined town called Marion Forks after spotting a big church spire in the distance, parked my bike in a bush outside of town and cautiously walked down the main street, burning freaker nests as I came across them and scavenging along the way. Every building feels like it has history.

JusticeBolt

Dec 5, 2017
Canada
I'm so glad i haven't cancel my preorder on PS Store. I was on the fence before and after the reviews.
What an awesome surprise for me.This game is really fun and better than i expected!

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I just got to the fifth camp and went to explore the area... holy f. When you think the game can't get any better! I really didn't expect that, at all!

However... The performance of the game is getting worse and worse... it's horrible rn, I don't know if there something to do with the motorcycle upgrades, memory leak, etc... very disapointing. Even though the game is very beautiful, I think Bend should create its own engine for the next game!

I'm hoping that some patches will fix it. At this point DG is the most unoptimized game from Sony.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh, my, god.
I'm really slow in progressing and take my time but tonight the game surprised me once again.

The moment you drive to the South with Boozer and the map gets bigger and extends after you spend so much time on what you maybe thought is the whole map already. Goosebumps on my whole body, what a fantastic ride. So freaking good.

The Red Dead Redemption moment of Days Gone.

Last edited:

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I just got to the fifth camp and went to explore the area... holy f. When you think the game can't get any better! I really didn't expect that, at all!

However... The performance of the game is getting worse and worse... it's horrible rn, I don't know if there something to do with the motorcycle upgrades, memory leak, etc... very disapointing. Even though the game is very beautiful, I think Bend should create its own engine for the next game!

I'm hoping that some patches will fix it. At this point DG is the most unoptimized game from Sony.

BTW. The story in this game its so freaking GOOOOD!

Last edited:

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Deacon sometimes have a convo with someone talking normally then all of a sudden just start talking very loudly to the point of shouting at someone.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
There are two NERO research icons early in the game, one to the south of the first camp and another to the west of the second camp. I think for the first one in the south you need to jump a gap with the bike (which I tried and failed and didn't try again) but for the second I drove there and didn't find anything. Something I'm missing?

I did these two last night and was just able to get the jumps using nitro.