• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
did realized you can flick your flashlight on and off to attract a human enemy into your area. Thought that was pretty neat.

This is my favorite game of 2019 and am enjoying it more than spider man as far as Sony open world games.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Ouuuuh, yeah - i just hit 8/8 camp side quests for a camp.

I get such a rush from checking those boxes.
(And i'm super happy i don't have to talk to that denim jacket wearing douchette anymore...)

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
That's good to hear as he described some gaming breaking bugs he ran in to.

I feel like a lot of the reviews that complain about technical issues could have been avoided with better QA testing. Even Digital Foundry seemed to like the game, like alot of reviewers seemed to like the world, it's just a lot of the technical issues held back a lot of the immersion.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I was playing a little more of this game, Deacon have different voices volumes so far I heard like 4 in one single conversation, whispering, normal talking, cynical yelling and yelling.

I guess the guy giving his voice believes Deacon is mostly on the motorcycle , he is always yelling at anything like after hearing the radio, talking to someone to calm down, on stealth position or just talking to boozer, he barely talks like a normal bitter post apocaliptic person

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Gregg Miller on the Kinda Funny podcast today said he didn't think it was a bad game. Just a big disapointent, that is not rewarding to play at all, goes on waaay to long and is very buggy especially in the later game.

Yeah I saw that. In some ways, I can see why Gregg and other people might be disappointed, especially with Days Gone coming after Horizon and God of War but I've enjoyed my time with it so far, even though it's not quite as good as those games that came before it. I'd say it's good, just not great.

Since I've been playing, the patches have improved some things though and I'm finding the game rewarding enough, unlike Gregg but we all like different things and have different standards, it's just not for him, which is fine.

Meadbeard

Apr 6, 2018
I still had a audio issue with the 1.06 patch from using the bike noise upgrade.

I upgraded and fast travelled to a Nero camp, slept and then when I used my motorbike it was making no engine sound effect at all.

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
A lot of similar reports on the DaysGone reddit as well ... My game's fine (PS4 Pro, running 1.06)
Lucky you. Damn it.
Been playing for about three hours with the Patch 1.06 and the game is running just fine.

Are you running another app in background like Spotify or Netflix? Try to close them and restart the game.

Will try your suggestion. I think i had Netflix open. Will try a restart for the console aswell. Thanks! I hope they fix this asap.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I really dig how the game shows you individual progress for each Story Thread. Any mission feels a lot more meaningful that way, and - once again - it amplifies the feeling of "making progress"; something the game's pretty good at.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
It's because RDR2 has dynamic weather where weather conditions and severity don't always look the same. There are multiple types of raining weather, multiple types of storms, hail, snow,..etc. Yes, RDR2 has hail storms which the majority of players probably didn't experience. That's not to mention the dynamic mud and snow deformation which are lacking in Days Gone AFAIK.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Days Gone is one of the best looking games this generation and yeah the art direction is up to the player's preference.

Oh I know RDR2 has multiple weather density systems, but the same applies to Days Gone weather as well. Snow and mud deformation don't appear in DG, afaik.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still experiencing the bug where the menu screen pops up. It is pretty annoying when it occurs, especially when it happens while engaged in combat but that doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the game.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
In split minds about getting this game. I usually love open world games, but the reviews have me a little worried (though I don't usually bother with reviews too much).
What do you guys say? Worth it?

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Patch 1.06 is ready. Would be nice if they gave us notes. I can't even find an official support forum for the game.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RDR2 has a 97 mc and it's a big piece of shit with terrible gameplay and the least respect for my time of any game I can think of - full of filler and repetition, and terrible mission design that restricts your freedom to think or experiment

I don't know why reviewers review things the way they do, but looking at the landscape of how things are usually received this game feels like it should have logically gotten anywhere between 8 and 9 on MC. The world building is absolutely incredible in DG
Idk I fully agree with the 97MC for RDR2, i think its probably the best game ever made, at least the full package. But I also think days gone is a decent game.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
In split minds about getting this game. I usually love open world games, but the reviews have me a little worried (though I don't usually bother with reviews too much).
What do you guys say? Worth it?
If you like riding a bike that seems to be always low on gas, that might get better later as you can upgrade your bike. Gas isn't really hard to find either. Fighting zombies either one or 2 at a time, or in a massive unmanageable horde. Dealing with semi-intelligent human enemies. Along with constant material searching for crafting, and bullet scrounging, then sure.

I'm enjoying it.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
can someone tell me how much game remain to me?
i just amputate boozer's arm

i don't wanna finish the game...

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Last night I hit my first hoard. I somehow ran to the bike and narrowly escaped. It was all very exciting.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you like riding a bike that seems to be always low on gas, that might get better later as you can upgrade your bike. Gas isn't really hard to find either. Fighting zombies either one or 2 at a time, or in a massive unmanageable horde. Dealing with semi-intelligent human enemies. Along with constant material searching for crafting, and bullet scrounging, then sure.

I'm enjoying it.

When you write it all down like that it sounds terrible but I'm enjoying it as well.

Was going to wait until the survival mode patch but having watched a few let's play episodes I took the plunge and I'm glad I did.

When you're exploring outside of the camps there's always something to worry about/manage and I like that. It keeps you on your toes and means there's always a certain level of tension no matter what it is you are doing.

I also really like the various systems at play in the open world. Like this for example:

I just lured a horde into a camp. EZ 15/15 camp clear :D

I also did something similar for one of the camps. Disarmed all the traps on the way into the camp then went back out, aggo'd the horde and led them straight into the camp. Then I climbed up the sniper tower, took the sniper out and watched the chaos unfold with great satisfaction.

It's the possibilities like that which make me really enjoy the game despite the fact that on paper it's very much by the numbers.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The flashlight in this game is really dumb, btw - it points to where the camera's pointing, not where Deacon's hands or Torso is pointing... Looks a bit silly.
A few really good games also do it this way and it makes sense for purely game play reasons. It might not look amazing, but worth the trade off of goofy visuals IMO.

It really does. There needs to be a hotfix for this ASAP. It's not only silly-looking, it's totally immersion breaking and it's the first time I've ever seen a flashlight in a game implemented this poorly. I mean how fucking hard is it to just attach a fixed point on Deacon's chest for a flashlight beam like every other game does??

Not every game does at all, in most 3rd person games that would be awful. And yes it'd be trivial to implement that way, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they roughed it out initially. But it'd look truly bad; jittery and leaving you looking into darkness fairly often. Consider how often you direct the camera away from squarely behind deacon and the way his movement feels weighty, that would be a terrible compromise vs slick and smooth camera-directed illumination.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just tried the lumber mill horde. I did not have near enough resources. I'm about to see how far I can kite anhorse, maybe all the way to the lake, haha.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The more I interect with Deacon the more I see this guy is mentally unstable he lost control of himself several times. Kudos for Obrien to stand up Deacon's jerkiness

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Patch 1.6 broke everything even more, framerate is still crappy, cutscene froze for the second time and my quicksave got corrupted. This is unacceptable for a game this big. Jesus Bend, get your shit together.

Mar 29, 2018
That is awesome!

He got picked apart by Freakers...

It really does. There needs to be a hotfix for this ASAP. It's not only silly-looking, it's totally immersion breaking and it's the first time I've ever seen a flashlight in a game implemented this poorly. I mean how fucking hard is it to just attach a fixed point on Deacon's chest for a flashlight beam like every other game does??
Good thing youse never played the original Uncharted trilogy, you'd be having fits over the flashlight

(Hint: it's the only functional and clean way to effectively do a TPS flashlight unless you're a blank cheque studio like Naughty Dog)

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
i love this game <3

1556652723-days-gone-20190430212244.png

1556652733-days-gone-20190430212524.png

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone else stealthing their way through the game? I'm constantly hopping from bush to bush in this game and I love it. I don't have any space in my inventory because I'm not using anything. I can spend so much time hidden in a bush.

I'm never going to finish this game.

I'm totally the same. I've been stealthing all of the time. I'm playing it like I would if I was really in a situation like this. I'm almost always at full inventory because I don't use my weapons once. Last night I faced off against my first small horde (maybe about 20 or so), and that did have me using everything I could do survive (I died quite a bit before I finally killed them all. i have it all captured on my stream for posterity. lol). I really, really love the tone and atmosphere of this game. It's super intense.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Only a small part of the horde followed me to the lake. They couldn't kill them fast enough and wouldn't open the gate for me so I got trapped lol.