• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I really wish developers would fix their fucking menus on PS4. My PS4 Pro isn't too loud during gameplay though it does ramp up a bit in places. But stay in the menus a bit and gods damned, it is jet engine time again. Garbage PS4 Pro strikes again. At least fix the damned menus! It should be the easiest thing to do. Don't developers play their own games on the same shitty hardware Sony ships to consumers? And they don't notice this issue with menus?

Menus are 60fps that's why

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Game feels a bit slow and tedious. Everything seems to take too long to do. Gunplay doesn't feel great. I like the graphics and the world seems cool and atmospheric. I'm just not sure I can stick holding square so much on everything for too long. I really want to like it but I feel there's a few QOL that really need implementing for me to get over the gripes.

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
Wild..

1556478523-days-gone-20190428110732.png

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
After playing some more hours I know now where exactly I had this feeling with a game before. It's not perfect, specially when it comes to cutscenes, but there is still so much passion, atmosphere and AAA polish in it, weirdly mixed right between the unpolished things, which are not perfect but still incredibly charming.

This game reminds me a lot of Uncharted 1.
Far from perfect, in many parts even mediocre but if these developers get more chances and perhaps can step up their game with a second part like Uncharted 2 stepped up Naughty Dogs game, oh boy, then we have nice future before us and another great diamond in a rough Sony first party developer.

Oct 31, 2017
Getting hooked on the game, now. I really enjoy the side stuff and searching for the NERO sites. The trust stats are pretty cool, too, and makes deciding where to sell and where to send survivors more involved.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
Its funny how is a simple as a bike part causing sound issues games are so weird lol. Should be a simple fix I imagine.

Yeah, it's hilarious. I only put it on and had two sound bugs, luckily about an hour later I read this thread and took the part back off.

Anyway, I'm actually loving this game. It's janky as all hell though, nowhere near Sony's usual standards, but I bet this gets loads of QOL and after support like Horizon did. I hope it does well, and Bend can improve.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Are there some NERO locations that are inaccessible early on? There are some I just can't find, even searching for hidden entrances.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Just failed one of those NERO stealth missions a few times and it gave me the option to skip it, is this new with patch 1.05?

That's a nice feature! Been in Rockstar games since LA Noire. More devs should implement it IMO.

Are there some NERO locations that are inaccessible early on? There are some I just can't find, even searching for hidden entrances.

Some of them are deep inside caves.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
After playing some more hours I know now where exactly I had this feeling with a game before. It's not perfect, specially when it comes to cutscenes, but there is still so much passion, atmosphere and AAA polish in it, weirdly mixed right between the unpolished things, which are not perfect but still incredibly charming.

Far from perfect, in many parts even mediocre but if these developers get more chances and perhaps can step up their game with a second part like Uncharted 2 stepped up Naughty Dogs game, oh boy, then we have nice future before us and another great diamond in a rough Sony first party developer.

My thoughts exactly.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, there's clearly so much passion from the devs put into the game and it feels so sincere and genuine. I hope Sony gives them another chance.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Fuck, did a raider camp mission on a hill, only accessable with bridges and after I had 2/14 they started shooting and that attracted a f'n horde. They came around and basically overrun everything. The raider didn't cared about me while I was running at and past them and they started to fight the massive horde but died immediately.
I got surrounded pretty fast and died in the end but that was crazy.

Game did a nice fair checkpoint right at the camp, everyone alive again but I can start killing them again.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I just love the vibe and atmosphere of the encampments in this. They feel like legit communities, and also feel properly scaled too, kind of Witcher 3's villages felt like the right size. A lot of life in them, people working, talking, doing things around camps. In Tucker's camp, encountered a random thing between NPCs, someone getting accosted by a guard and then Deacon talking to the guy after the guard walks away. No prompts, no question mark, just something happening in the camp

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
This game has the best facial animations I've ever seen in a game. Most of the dialogue is great also. Very believable characters.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Okay so the Lost Lakes section is where all the story was hiding. Feels like they stretched the first 2 hours of story over about 10 hours, then it suddenly picks up.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is Deacon insane? Some mental issues?, they way he talks and how often he talks is kinda unnerving. I wonder if it's intentional

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Game is pretty solid, I just feel like it's super sluggish I'm starting to kinda get used to it but it's definitrly there, almost seems like deacon is always walking in mud.

RedGator

Nov 7, 2017
Really loving it so far. I usually go with normal but I chose hard difficulty due to the reports of how easy the game is otherwise, and I cant say I'm breezing through. Have been dying quite a bit but still having a blast. The atmosphere is just brilliant.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't tell if his angry yelling retorts to Copeland's broadcasts are supposed to be funny or unhinged or both
Haha, the first time I heard that, my immediate thought was. How did the voice director approached this whole thing??
Whatever it is I love it. It would be believable in that situation.

It's absolutely believable in this kind of situation but the visual /character cues so far haven't showed up to imply that. The game needs to acknowledge that eventually if not then it's just awful voice direction /script

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Really loving it so far. I usually go with normal but I chose hard difficulty due to the reports of how easy the game is otherwise, and I cant say I'm breezing through. Have been dying quite a bit but still having a blast. The atmosphere is just brilliant.
I barely made it out of my first nest clearing mission after dying multiple times. Normal difficulty. It's difficult but fun

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
1) Guns will kill any small freaker (basic enemies) with one shot, so not useless? Especially with the focus skill and a silencer. Can clear a whole camp with just a few rounds.
2) There is gas everywhere. I get that in the beginning its a pain for some but look out for gas stations as well as tow trucks as they always seem to have a canister
3) Melee ones can be repaired with a cheap skill. It cost more depending on the current condition of your weapon. 80% 2 scrap, 60% 4 scrap, and so on.
Yeah I get all of that now. I still stealth kill over the firearms.

gamer forever

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Just started this. Looks and plays great, but theres things in the game that stand out as being a bit unfinished like the way blood looks on the floor and the animations in certain circumstances such as using melee weapons.

I've got so used to cutscenes transitioning into the game naturally that seeing a black screen after a cutscene is jarring.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Deacon insane? Some mental issues?, they way he talks and how often he talks is kinda unnerving. I wonder if it's intentional

Haven't finished the game but I assume somethings not right with him.

He is much more composed in flash back scenes, so I assume it's intentional?

Also, all in all, outside of some lines being exposition heavy, the writing is fairly solid. I love that characters interupt each other.

One character pointed out in a cutscene that they haven't seen a single person of color. That sort of blunt acknowledgment was quite refreshing. I wonder how, if at all, that plays into the story.