• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy I have an SSD in my PS4 now. The copying took 3 minutes. I'm going to have to see what its like with Black Ops IV and Rainbow Six, they usually took forever on my old HDD.

Oct 25, 2017
Fast travel from second camp to first: 25 seconds.

PS4 Pro on patch 1.05.

Not sure how specifically it compares to past patches, but it feels faster.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1.05 doesn't seem to fix the input lag, so that's disappointing. It's really my only complaint with this game.

Edit - Oh, it definitely doesn't fix the sound issue either...
ya. Sad. Doesn't for me either. Sound glitch can happen anywhere too. In camps, walking around. No bike running all that. Shoot.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Interested to see what issues 1.05 fixes. The annoying one I was running into yesterday seemed to be occurring for me when booting into they game while leaving it in standby—for whatever which reason, I could not for the life of me select the rock in the weapon wheel.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Interested to see what issues 1.05 fixes. The annoying one I was running into yesterday seemed to be occurring for me when booting into they game while leaving it in standby—for whatever which reason, I could not for the life of me select the rock in the weapon wheel.
Anyone have patch notes for the new update?
Yea don't seem that much. Gonna try to play and see what changed.

Edit: whoops, fake news I guess.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
1.05 doesn't seem to fix the input lag, so that's disappointing. It's really my only complaint with this game.

Edit - Oh, it definitely doesn't fix the sound issue either...

Huh? Days Gone doesn't have Input lag. Trust me, I know, I'm ultra sensitive when it comes to this.
Hitman and Hitman 2, the last 2 Tomb Raiders (even after patches), Shadow of Mordor, they have Input lag. Days Gone doesn't.

R3Z0N

Jun 4, 2018
Yea don't seem that much. Gonna try to play and see what changed.

Days Gone update 1.05 Changelog
  • Added fixes for crashing issues with Days Gone version 1.05.
  • Added stuttering and lag fixes.
  • Days Gone 1.05 fixed framerate drop issues.
  • Various performance and stability improvements.
  • Added fixes for glitches with Days Gone 1.05.
  • Added minor bug fixes and changes.

These are fake. The site which posted them makes up notes for clicks.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Unluckiest Deacon in the world. Also known as 'how to waste 8 pieces of scrap in one minute'.

Some sweet headshots though. And check out the weird air my bike gets at 1:18!

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they patch the input lag.
It makes driving the bike so inconsistent and moving Deacon a round a pain sometimes.
Do you have issues while aiming as well? I can't remember last time i played a console game where aiming felt so floaty and bad. Either it's insane input lag or plenty of aim acceleration. I'm on an LG C7, so it's not the TV.

And yes, the bike is not responsive either. Definitely something up with the input lag, dead zone or aim acceleration.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Manny is the only mechanic that upgrades the bike?
On Tuckers Camp Mechanic I can only put gas and repair.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have just done 1/6 jobs in the first camp, and now I'm in the second camp. Is this how it is supposed to be? When will I get more jobs for the first camp?

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have issues while aiming as well? I can't remember last time i played a console game where aiming felt so floaty and bad. Either it's insane input lag or plenty of aim acceleration. I'm on an LG C7, so it's not the TV.

And yes, the bike is not responsive either. Definitely something up with the input lag, dead zone or aim acceleration.

Yea, the entire control scheme reminds me of the fighting I had when playing RDR2.

Theres input lag in this which seems to affect all aspects of the game. Aiming, driving, moving, anything at all related to movement for me means you have to somewhat think ahead and plan where you want to go instead of just going there.

Its not my TV, I have the Samsung KS8000 and I know I only ever saw this type of input lag with RDR2, which was known for it.

I just hope they patch it or allow an option to change something. It really fucks with you from time to time.

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those games where it takes a while to do each "type" of mission for the first time. Same as introducing character relationships, each initial cutscene is jarring at first because you're coming into everything new while these characters already have established relationships and attitudes towards each other. But once you get past all this initiation and initial investment by the player, things begin to click.

There is one pain open-world-wise though, which has happened in other games too - you leave a camp and get 800 meters away and then they decide to call you "deek I got a job for you come on by"...I was JUST THERE, why didn't you tell me when I was there!

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've come to realize the guns are useless, I can't go but 1.5km on a tank of gas, and the good melee weapons break far too quickly. Hmmmm.

1) Guns will kill any small freaker (basic enemies) with one shot, so not useless? Especially with the focus skill and a silencer. Can clear a whole camp with just a few rounds.
2) There is gas everywhere. I get that in the beginning its a pain for some but look out for gas stations as well as tow trucks as they always seem to have a canister
3) Melee ones can be repaired with a cheap skill. It cost more depending on the current condition of your weapon. 80% 2 scrap, 60% 4 scrap, and so on.

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
"Bike needs fuel" That's got to be one of the stupidest little things in this game.

Let me chase the bounty and find out on my own that the fuel won't be enough and act accordingly later. Let the bounty escape so I can find him later in a different location or even let that be the end of the side mission, not every time Deacon is gonna be able to catch these bounties and that's okay.

yeah, they will contact you when there is a new job
All of the camp leaders will contact you in the same time to tell you that there's a job needs to be done.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Really enjoying my time with the game after 7 hours. I wish they would remove all the % that pop up when you accomplish a mission, it can be quite annoying when you're in a gunfight.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So after some googling it seems that this bug disappears if you revert to the default exhaust. I had upgraded to level 2 but I can live with a noisier bike until this is officially fixed.

This seems to be working for me as well. I played a few hours this morning and the sound is working fine now since I changed back to exhaust one.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I wonder if upgrading from Exhaust 2 to 3 also fixes the sound bug? Like, is it just 2 that is the problem, and 1 and 3 are OK?

Also I definitely warmed more to the story once you get to the third camp, maybe just because you start to meet a few people who aren't raging assholes.

Oct 25, 2017
So, I have nothing in my Story Missions part of the menu, I've done everything in there so far.
Am I now just waiting for random radio calls to get them?

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Have played now some more, and I'm definitely enjoying the game a whole lot. But the performance when on the bike in some areas can be kinda bad on the base PS4. Specially near the first camp, I've noticed. But other than that, the game is quite a lot of fun, and so damn pretty.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
A few snaps from Gamersyde's video. Honestly, I am still reeling from the real time shaders (and animations) for Deacon. Absolute ace:

e02d411207906814.png

d0e5081207906984.png

6db68b1207907294.png

f2fe941207907454.png

997e961207907194.png

While appreciating that Days Gone has some gorgeous texture work, it's still got some well wonky visuals in parts. Some of the NPCs are totally wooden. This is one of the major named, mission giving NPCs at one of the camps.

Recently, I started playing the remade Outcast game and I realized immediately that improved visual fidelity does not pair with old and janky animations at all. It is a similar situation here with DF where high fidelity NPC models look very much out of place in out of cutscene interactive moments.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Starting to think the reviews had a serious case of confirmation bias. How the got scores of 6 and below is beyond me.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
how are players supposed to find the hordes? don´t know but just roaming around trying to look for them is a little bit stupid, there should be some kind of radar or sound that plays when you come near one or a circle marker on the map

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The second engine upgrades gives the bike a nice boost of speed to me.

Also I love that you can save gas by just coasting down hills without revving the engine

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
how are players supposed to find the hordes? don´t know but just roaming around trying to look for them is a little bit stupid, there should be some kind of radar or sound that plays when you come near one or a circle marker on the map

I think the design of them is fine as so far for me as they're more for appearing when you least expect them or when you just stumble across them. When you stumble across them you'll obviously then know where they are from then on if you need to find them again.

My first couple experiences with the hordes were just exploring a cave, turning a dark corner and then seeing them in front of me. The second time was getting in to a firefight at one of the outposts as I was trying to clear it and then all of a sudden the horde just came straight in mid-fight. I think the impact of those experiences would have been a lot less if there was a marker on the map telling me they were there.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
D5QTAksX4AAnteR

One thing I love so far about Days Gone is the risk of losing daytime to go back to camp and put yourself at the night time danger. Haven't felt this in a game since Dragons Dogma !

Jamiaro

Jan 8, 2018
Finland
It's so encouraging to read this thread! Many seem to have an honest, great time with this game. Definitely will be picking this up in the near future! :)

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what happened with PS4's patching process, but these past few years it's taking forever to ''copy'' after downloading them. Can't remember it being this bad the first few years with the console.

I've also had my console in Rest Mode the past 7 hours today, but the 1.05 patch still only started downloading when turning on my console. Stuck at copying for 15 mins now.
I no longer see the point of putting it into Rest except for when preloading games.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I think the design of them is fine as so far for me as they're more for appearing when you least expect them or when you just stumble across them. When you stumble across them you'll obviously then know where they are from then on if you need to find them again.

My first couple experiences with the hordes were just exploring a cave, turning a dark corner and then seeing them in front of me. The second time was getting in to a firefight at one of the outposts as I was trying to clear it and then all of a sudden the horde just came straight in mid-fight. I think the impact of those experiences would have been a lot less if there was a marker on the map telling me they were there.

they could have marked them when you have encountered one as you can´t put own markers on the map and with this many hordes i am not sure if i can remember all locations where i ran into them