• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I encountered my first horde during a Nero mission. It's early in the game, so I'm not equipped for any of that and had to stealth around. I thought I cut all the alarms but one was still up, so I had to sneak out and run.

It was pretty fun!
I had a similar experience at a Nero base and some of the horde spotted me while I was trying to sneak away. Then my ass got saved when a Marauder rode by and the horde charged after him lol
I legged it to my bike a didn't look back

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
This is just pure speculation but I wonder if in the mission

where you go to Sarah's grave then you're shown the cutscene with all the weird transitions, anyone else feel this was supposed to be playable or something? I also don't understand why we're shown more backstory with the original scenes again at this point unless they wanted to cut back on adding to an already lengthy opening and losing people.

Also has anyone else experienced their binoculars not being usable? Has happened to me a bunch and I'm 900% sure it's a glitch.

Last edited:

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I've been kind of enjoying the game a few hours in. I do like how you can just drive up to missions and start them without cutscenes or other heavy-handed intros happening to let you prepare for jumping into them, though that certainly wasn't the case for the first hour. The presentation leaves a lot to be desired after the polished nature of transitions from cutscenes to gameplay from Sony's other studios (Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Insomniac, Santa Monica). I hope Bend gets the chance to work some more on the game to improve it.

Is the door opening animation broken for anybody else? I did the mission where you turn on the radio tower and trying to open/close the door broke the opening animation where Deacon warped in front of the door as you opened through his body. I was also opening the door later while holding a gas can and the door ripped the gas can out of his hand, where I found it stuck between the door on the inside and the indoor wall.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
I was following a horde around from a distance watching it destroy everything in its path.

I would stay back and just loot all the enemies they killed and skin all the animals. It was very entertaining and rewarding.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Has anyone finished it? Can you tell me how far I am? I've played a lot, but am having a hard time figuring out how much I've done.

I fought the brute enemy, got the antibiotics for Boozer but he had his arm cut off anyways, went back to see him, and then climbed the hill with Iron Mike to talk about blowing up caves to trap hordes. We also went to the old town to look for dynamite if I remember correctly. Since then I've just done a couple of bounties. I've been getting calls from the other camps. All nests and enemy camps I've found have been taken out.

Just bumping this question.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually really enjoying this game! However, I do think the game comes off as generic and uninspired at times. This game is literally "AAA The Game", it has every AAA in game mechanic and system you could ever dream of lol. Except for maybe lootboxes or something. This is definitely a game that IMO should have released in the PS4's early years like 2014 or 2015. Regardless, I'm liking this game more than I thought.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Is there any reason to play this game on hard? I just started the game on hard, but it seems like there are abundant amount of crating things you can find. If the hard mode only makes player take more damage and do less damage to enemies, then I'm considering playing this game on normal instead.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Another visual winner from sony. From the textures, to the shadows and lighting when you're in dark areas like the tunnel early on. Or just how there's so much foliage in the game and it's all moving during a rainstorm.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
While the menus make my Pro prep for take off, it IS nice to play a 2019 game that doesn't make the system scream just during normal play. I'm sure it being UE4 and capped at 30fps helps a bunch.

Also, game is very relaxing and fun.... and fucking gorgeous!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
they really should patch in rumble when driving the bike though, would feel so much better than without...can´t understand it at all, they have vibration for investigation points but the bike has no vibration at all...really odd

don´t even know how you could forget something like that nowadays

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they really should patch in rumble when driving the bike though, would feel so much better than without...can´t understand it at all, they have vibration for investigation points but the bike has no vibration at all...really odd

Co-sign. Weird that focus mode has rumble but not driving a motorcycle

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017

Huh was thinking the same thing while playing just now. A lot of bumps and landings feel less impactful without vibration.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I haven't had the audio cut out on me in 15 hours of play, I wonder if the setup has anything to do with it, my pro is set to PCM and 5.1 going to receiver.

Though it just started for the last two cutscenes the audio was way out of sync, Thought the first cutscene was just a glitch but then when the next one was also out of sync I figured something was up. Shutdown my ps4 will see if it's working when I play next.

I am shocked how much I am enjoying this game.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

yeah, if there's one major indicator that there was a rush to the finish line to get this game out, i think this's it. in a game that prominently features a vehicle, this's pretty unforgivable :) ...

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just did that area that was in the first E3 reveal demo. I found it kind of boring. The large hordes isn't my most favorite thing. Maybe because I just shoot them until they fucking die instead of setting traps and stuff.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the game will be good after a year.

Yeah, this is my issue.

I really want to try it but at the same time I don't usually replay open world games (unless they have incredible gameplay like Dragon's Dogma and MGSV) so I would rather play Days Gone when it's in a better state, especially when they clearly seem to be trying to fix it up.

Last edited:

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
I just did that area that was in the first E3 reveal demo. I found it kind of boring. The large hordes isn't my most favorite thing. Maybe because I just shoot them until they fucking die instead of setting traps and stuff.

How do you have enough ammo to kill an entire hoard? I'm playing on normal and hardly have shit for ammo.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
This is just pure speculation but I wonder if in the mission

where you go to Sarah's grave then you're shown the cutscene with all the weird transitions, anyone else feel this was supposed to be playable or something? I also don't understand why we're shown more backstory with the original scenes again at this point unless they wanted to cut back on adding to an already lengthy opening and losing people.

Also has anyone else experienced their binoculars not being usable? Has happened to me a bunch and I'm 900% sure it's a glitch.
I just had to quit out cause my game would no longer let me use binoculars or throw rocks.... Sees the further I get the more issues I run into.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

No rumble for a motorcycle?! Especially if you want to rev it up and vibrate your controller on demand which would be sick? Fix this shit, Bend.

3bada

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Setting aside all of the technical issues I faced, this game is amazing. I'm glad I didn't trust the review scores on this one.

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Has anyone finished it? Can you tell me how far I am? I've played a lot, but am having a hard time figuring out how much I've done.

I fought the brute enemy, got the antibiotics for Boozer but he had his arm cut off anyways, went back to see him, and then climbed the hill with Iron Mike to talk about blowing up caves to trap hordes. We also went to the old town to look for dynamite if I remember correctly. Since then I've just done a couple of bounties. I've been getting calls from the other camps. All nests and enemy camps I've found have been taken out.

I think maybe about 35-40%

Oct 25, 2017
The subtle music you hear when it's raining and a horde is nearby but you can't quite see them is pretty great. I have had so many moments already where I thought I was safe, heard some eerie music, moved the camera and then there they all are.

Enjoying the hell out of my time with the game so far. Even the one time I ran out of gas was enjoyable thanks to the atmosphere.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The subtle music you hear when it's raining and a horde is nearby but you can't quite see them is pretty great. I have had so many moments already where I thought I was safe, heard some eerie music, moved the camera and then there they all are.

Enjoying the hell out of my time with the game so far. Even the one time I ran out of gas was enjoyable thanks to the atmosphere.
Yeah riding around at nighttime while its raining its great.

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
I haven't bothered with focus yet. Hell I don't think I even unlocked the upgrades for it. I have been putting half in health and half in stamina or thereabouts.

I went focus first because I found it really helped alot to land headshots and when you are dealing with the hordes ensure there are no wasted bullets because you will need all them bullets and more

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Currently throwing all my Nero into Stamina, but I wonder if that's a mistake
I believe there are 30 nero upgrade things in the game with a max of 10 each. I've been doing 2 stamina upgrades to 1 of anything since i feel confident in my dodging. The only time i came close to dying was from a goddamn
sniper in a tree
. I don't really consider that a spoiler, it's a very, very early on type of enemy.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Had several disappearing hordes tonight - twice while I was actively fighting them - like they had somewhere better to be and just fucked right off. Completely popped out of existence right in front of me after I had whittled one of them down to 4. I could not find them again even in their cave and my game doesn't show it as a completed horde. Weird stuff. Hopefully they come back.