• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The way they render ground is simply insane!

Absolutely insane!
irFnZ3f.jpg

aDVtNu9.jpg

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Five times? I've been playing for 3 hours and it hasn't happened once yet for me. This is very strange. Did it start cropping up more later on in the game?

the audio was fine for the first 3 or 4 hours and now it glitches out randomly all the time. The official bug thread on reddit is full of people reporting the bug. I tried changing audio settings but nothing seems to help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DaysGone/comments/bhqjww/patch_104_bug_report_thread/

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I think I'll buy this game on PSN and get it downloading so I can play it when I get off work tonight in spite of most signs pointing to "wait for the next sale a few patches down the line".

The gameplay looks fun as hell and I'm hankering for a new story-driven experience. Watching the digital foundry video, the world looks jaw-droppingly beautiful. Anyone who says otherwise has got to be nuts.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Despite a rough first few hours with the game I'm actually really enjoying it the more I play. Honestly for all the talk of it being derivative I find it much less so than something like HZD (unpopular opinion, sorry!).

Game looks incredible on the Pro too, really eery at times.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a horde spawn like 10 feet in front of me during a mission.

So that happened...

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I see some folks debating the review scores. Here's how I look at it:

1 - abomination
2 - awful
3 - bad
4 - mediocre
5 - average
6 - fine
7 - good
8 - great
9 - spectacular
10 - must play/masterpiece

Days Gone ranges from a 5 - 7. At every turn be it the story, the mechanics, the world or the characters, Bend very clearly bit off more than they could chew. That isn't necissarily a bad thing, I respect it, but the game is shallow in some areas, janky in others and not all that coherent in general. It has charm, good ideas and some great gameplay moments, yet is also several steps below other Sony first-party titles in comparison.
Yeah... I don't buy this argument one bit. This version of the scale only ever comes up as post hock justification. Every other game at a 5 rating is described as explicitly bad but functional. Not "average".

This game is good.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Got to what seems to be Act II of the game, in a stealth mission and I can't throw rocks. L2 does nothing. It's not my controller.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
You have to equip the rocks from the weapon wheel. Lower left I think.

I'm carefully selecting them in the weapon wheel, but it seems like they're not equpping? I definitely need to use rocks here, the game gave me a prompt like "hey if you forgot here's how to throw rocks"

Two missions ago the binoculars stopped working in a similar way. I press the button and nada.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Did you turn off the console and turn it back on, that works for people from what I saw.
This worked and the game was able to go back to normal. The audio bugs are so random though. I got one where my bike sounded like it was running out of gas even though it had a full tank. It eventually sounded like it was one of those electric scooters lol.

I'm actually really enjoying the game.

Nov 18, 2018
I had some weird glitches fighting my first horde. I killed a bunch but then died, then when I went back some of them randomly started vanishing when I was fighting them. Like I went up to stealth kill one and it vanished after I pressed triangle, and a few more disappeared when I was hitting them. Then I got the mission complete screen when I still had freakers left to kill, so I guess they didn't officially count as being part of the horde? It was weird.

I've also noticed that for the annoying chase missions you don't actually have to shoot or ram the guy off his bike. If you just keep pace eventually you'll get the cutscene of Deacon tying him up regardless of how close you were. I don't mind because I hate chase missions and suck at them, but it's pretty dumb.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
My hype for this game is rising again after cancelling my pre-order, despite all the technical issues people are highlighting. Before I start thinking about buying this, I am eager to hear more about the late-game, i.e. if it holds up or gets even better the further you progress (without spoilers, of course). I can't be arsed getting into a long-ass game if it falls apart halfway through.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even tell if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to switch my primary weapon from the locker.

I bought a bunch of guns, went to my locker to equip one, but when I back out, I still have the AK on my back. I've done this with multiple guns and I seem to be stuck with this AK for the time being.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Man Bend has done some magic with the visuals in this game. It looks quite a bit better than RDR2 running on the One X.

I'm awestruck.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Absolutely loving this game so far. It's so immersive and the audio design is great. The good headset has a brilliant profile for it too.

My only complaint is that I hate how Deacon shouts a load of angry bs everytime the radio comes on.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Just a couple of hours in but definitely enjoying myself. One thing I don't understand though: every mission seems to have a total completion %? For example I just completed "no starving patriots" with 91%. I am confused: how do I get 100% and is it important?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Just a couple of hours in but definitely enjoying myself. One thing I don't understand though: every mission seems to have a total completion %? For example I just completed "no starving patriots" with 91%. I am confused: how do I get 100% and is it important?

That's the completion percentage of that storyline. You get 100% after completing all the missions in that storyline.

Oct 27, 2017
After playing the game some, I do think the reviews are being overly harsh. Just take a step back and think about how buggy and janky The Witcher 3 was before it received an avalanche of patches and improvements. Didn't stop it for a second from gaining huge acclaim. I can't help but think the premise and setting of the game is a turn off to many of journalists. As biker culture and stuff like Sons of Anarchy are not the type of things I believe would appeal to your average journalist or ERA member for that matter.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Don't pay attention to it. It just means that this substory or story of these characters is not finished yet and will continue sometime later.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo, any hopes for a patch to increase control responsiveness? Reminds me of pre-patch/launch Killzone 2.