• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
I love personally what these devs have accomplished on their first proper go in console game development.
Not that I personally care what a reviewer thinks about the game I love but it is a bit saddening to see the reviewers not giving this a chance based on its contextual potential.
They are the ones whose voice reaches wide and across but most of them seem to be averse to praising it's potential and more concerned with comparing it to some of the masterpieces of the genre, to put it down, that just doesn't seem fair.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm still pretty early on but did they remove the choices in the game? I remember gameplay videos a while back that had an occasional choice option pop up, like you could choose to take Boozer's shotgun or leave it with him for example.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm still pretty early on but did they remove the choices in the game? I remember gameplay videos a while back that had an occasional choice option pop up, like you could choose to take Boozer's shotgun or leave it with him for example.
Yes and it sucks because it was a neat feature I was looking after that helped distinguish DG's design from others.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Finally got to play some last night. Playing it on my original day 1 PS4. Playing it on hard and got to the point where You take out the first ambush camp. Haven't had to many issues with the difficulty so far. Game looks beautiful.

Was worried at first as the game was very choppy during the first bike chase (especially when there were explosions), but since then game seems to be running nice and smoothly.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got halfway through a mission last night, manually saved it. Right now, just reloaded that specific save and its back at the beginning? Is this for real? Manually saving during missions is meaningless?

Also, why is the game creating so many Autosaves. shouldn't be overriding itself? Only an hour in and it has about 12 save files for autosaves

Oct 27, 2017
I've not come across a horde yet. The optional ones are just roaming the world right? So chances are I'll come across one sooner or later?

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
played for 5 hours yesterday and had a very good time. great atmosphere and intriguing story so far. it's really a mix of far cry with dead island. can see the outpost clearing getting repetitive but i'm a sucker for this ubisoft-like formula. gunplay is great, the bike rides nicely and will only improve with upgrades. can't understand people who just base their decision to buy/not buy or play/not play on some reviews. maybe it's not for everybody but you really should make up your own mind.
I'm the same in that I like taking out baddies at each location, base, whatever, clearing it, and repeating. That mad maxesque formula is good fun.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The plot structure of the game (so far, ~7 hours in) is also similar to Mad Max, where the main goal the entire time was just to build a good enough car to cross the "Plains of Silence."

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017

What's really bad about removing this feature is that you can really tell when there were supposed to be dialog choices. During some cutscenes, the camera tends to linger on Deacon for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

There is still at least one in the game but it seems to be more of a functional choice vs a narrative one.

Which camp you give Leon's drugs to.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

I was wondering the same, very disappointing.

Overall, I'm enjoying it. It feels very much like a more polished State of Decay, but perhaps with more shallow mechanics and gameplay decisions.

Still, I'm enjoying it and can see myself replaying it every so often, but what I wouldn't give for a game with this level of production values and State of Decay gameplay depth.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is a very small thing but I like that Deacon does not actually take the collectibles in the world because some of those are much more personal lol

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
Wasted most of my fuel driving for 7 minutes to a side mission just to watch a 10 seconds cutscene at that was it!
So many inconsistencies in this game regarding the missions structure.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just stop looking for negatives and don't stress about Metacritic scores. Love what you love. Some of my favourite games of the gen scored in the 60s or 70s. It doesn't mean I think reviewers are wrong or anything. I've just found joy in something that others were critical of. That's ok!

Perhaps I worded it wrong. I'm not actively going through the game looking for negatives. More so when I'm done playing through it knowing that I'm thoroughly enjoying it...

One of my favorite games was No Mans Sky. Played it until I got the platinum and still jump in. That also didn't get a high meta but that didn't stop my enjoyment either because I play what appeals to me. I don't really care about the popularity of it.

That said, I still think this game will have a big opening and sell well enough for Sony to green light a sequel. To me, a sequel is the true measure of a games success.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
There is still at least one in the game but it seems to be more of a functional choice vs a narrative one.

Which camp you give Leon's drugs to.

I always pick the Choice that increases "trust" with a camp. Money is way easier to come by.

Anyone got a clue about what the light Bär Color signifies?

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Wasted most of my fuel driving for 7 minutes to a side mission just to watch a 10 seconds cutscene at that was it!
So many inconsistencies in this game regarding the missions structure.
This is one of the reasons why I and many others lowered the score. Too many dumb missions like this.

That's why people who played it for an hour and are ready to give it 8.5 while talking about "bad evil reviewers" seem strange to me. You'll see what's wrong, just play the game. Or maybe you won't, in that case cool.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Did anyone pre order the collectors edition from amazon? I f so could someone tell me where to find the pre-order bonus code?

I checked in the game case but that only had the collectors edition content code.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
I got halfway through a mission last night, manually saved it. Right now, just reloaded that specific save and its back at the beginning? Is this for real? Manually saving during missions is meaningless?

Also, why is the game creating so many Autosaves. shouldn't be overriding itself? Only an hour in and it has about 12 save files for autosaves

Same thing happened to me. I manually saved my game when you get to that first camp and get your bike. I reloaded my save later on and started all the way back when you first leave the firewatch tower to find boozer bandages.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So without reading the whole thread, did any of you Pro players experience any weird glitches while playing?
I started playing with the 1.04 patch on the PS4 Pro and the game is running beautifully. Only the load times in the beginning are "Bloodborne-annoying".

love how the dead dont despawn and you see them each time you come back to do stuff
I talked about this yesterday with a good friend (who's a biker and loves the game :D). It's so cool. I hope all AAA games will do this as soon a the PS5 hits.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still impressed how the controls feel so good. Seeing gameplays online you can't judge, but playing the game you feel the weight of the character, something very close to Rockstar games. I would say it's a mix between GTA 5 and TLOU.

Bend Studio nailed it. I think It's not easy at all to achieve this level of realism in an open world game.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
So without reading the whole thread, did any of you Pro players experience any weird glitches while playing?
I started playing with the 1.04 patch on the PS4 Pro and the game is running beautifully. Only the load times in the beginning are "Bloodborne-annoying".

I talked about this yesterday with a good friend (who's a biker and loves the game :D). It's so cool. I hope all AAA games will do this as soon a the PS5 hits.

I haven't had any bugs at all on the Pro other than the menus making the fans scream. The load times are... not great though. I don't have a SSD.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
love how the dead dont despawn and you see them each time you come back to do stuff
This is one of the highlights so far. It really makes the encounters stick with you even more long after they're over. Sells the permanence of death in the world.

I noticed that too, do they never go away or they just remain there for a long time? Or maybe are specific encounters?

Either way its such a cool thing

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Can someone explains to me what this means
It's a mandatory forced stealth section which means the game forces you to be stealthy and not get discovered, or you have to restart the mission. The eavesdropping is something you have to do during the mission to pick up on clues or your next objective all within the constraints of not being spotted or it's mission over.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's a mandatory forced stealth section which means the game forces you to be stealthy and not get discovered, or you have to restart the mission. The eavesdropping is something you have to do during the mission to pick up on clues or your next objective all within the constraints of not being spotted or its mission over.
No the made in 2012 part

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
My single biggest gripe with this game is the fact that - while thankfully you don't need to manually pick up freaker ears, they drop just a second too late for you to pick them up right after stealth killing one...

Like, i have to do a manual "loop" after every stealth kill just to grab that ear...

This is silly

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Damn, dude. Is the audio bug permanent? Just got it and reloaded my save and it's still there. Pretty much no sound effects or music. Just the dialogue and radio calls

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had any bugs at all on the Pro other than the menus making the fans scream. The load times are... not great though. I don't have a SSD.
I have the newest "quiet" PS4 Pro and yes, the fans are getting louder while checking the menus. That didn't happen with Horizon Zero Dawn (my first gen PS4 Pro went crazy in the HZD menus). But still acceptable. But the loading times to start the game.... annoying :/
My single biggest gripe with this game is the fact that - while thankfully you don't need to manually pick up freaker ears, they drop just a second too late for you to pick them up right after stealth killing one...

Like, i have to do a manual "loop" after every stealth kill just to grab that ear...

This is silly
Yeah I noticed that, too. I remember at the beginning how I had to check the dead freakers again to collect the ears and I thought "Where did this come from? I was already here a few seconds ago" :P

Oct 25, 2017
How big is the horde at Horse Lake? I was going to do that mission but noped out of there when I saw the horde because I don't feel ready to take one on yet.

About 60 maybe a tad more, I ran into it while driving around, managed to take it down with 10 bullets and a couple molotovs and grenades.

Damn, dude. Is the audio bug permanent? Just got it and reloaded my save and it's still there. Pretty much no sound effects or music. Just the dialogue and radio calls

Did you turn off the console and turn it back on, that works for people from what I saw.