• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to go check out my GameStop. Two cop cars, bout eh 50-60 ppl. Sheesh. Mind u I live in a rural small. My GameStop never has these launches

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who's nearly done with ME: Andromeda, I'm still looking forward to playing this.

I've got a soft spot for flawed/rough games, and from what I've seen I appreciate that individual enemies can still be dangerous if you don't take them seriously (in terms of damage at least).

Anyone that's played it, what are its accessibility options? Does it have the Spiderman option to hold buttons instead of mash?

And are the subtitles done well?

Another game marked low that I absolutely enjoyed. I loved the traversal and worlds in andromeda, it was the bad side quest content that ruined it a bit.

Clearly obvious mob hate mentality has become worse year over year.

Remember dying light? The game everyone loved and ignored reviews when it only rated a 74, but is considered the best open world zombie game. Yeah, you don't see that as often anymore on review scores. Instead it's

"I knew it was terrible, it had boring all over it day 1."

"The game screamed mediocrity from the beginning"

Mostly from folks who had no intention of doing anything but wait and make sure that score was where they wanted it to be so they could trash something other people like.

Oct 25, 2017
Mind you I'm in Philly where you can spot a 2k playing ass dude from miles away. Even they was in line talking bout some I saw this on Facebook 😂

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I cant be the only one not enjoying the controller lag in this right?
The time it takes to move and turn the camera from actually moving the analogue sticks reminds me of the shit way it was in RDR2.
Hope its patched.

It's noticeable on character movement for me, but not as bad as Read Dead. I think part of it has to do with Deacon's turn animation. He actually shifts his feet, you can't just spin him on the spot. Camera and aiming weapons seem pretty good on base PS4.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
img_20190426_005055a6k1s.jpg

Only after a fun time in the woods with a helping of zombies for awhile. Going in with tempered expectations and taking it like a cheesy B-Movie has worked so far and I've been enjoying the start. A looker on the Pro too.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
It's noticeable on character movement for me, but not as bad as Read Dead. I think part of it has to do with Deacon's turn animation. He actually shifts his feet, you can't just spin him on the spot. Camera and aiming weapons seem pretty good on base PS4.
It looks like it controls like Syphon philter. This why I'm excited.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Another game marked low that I absolutely enjoyed. I loved the traversal and worlds in andromeda, it was the bad side quest content that ruined it a bit.

Clearly obvious mob hate mentality has become worse year over year.

Remember dying light? The game everyone loved and ignored reviews when it only rated a 74, but is considered the best open world zombie game. Yeah, you don't see that as often anymore on review scores. Instead it's

"I knew it was terrible, it had boring all over it day 1."

"The game screamed mediocrity from the beginning"

Mostly from folks who had no intention of doing anything but wait and make sure that score was where they wanted it to be so they could trash something other people like.
Very true.

Though to be fair there are also those that refuse to listen to legitimate criticism either.

Overall I will say I'm enjoying Andromeda more than I did 3 (I never got close to finishing 3) so in the end it's personal taste.

I do agree these side quests are for the most part really rough and very DA inquisition like, but my biggest complaint is the limit to how many powers you can have equipped.

Unless I've been a huge dumbass it seems like such a waste to only have three at any time.

At the end of the day though I don't feel that just because a game has severe flaws or lacks polish that it's trash. Too much hyperbole a lot of the time.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got the game a day early from Amazon!

What difficulty would people recommend? Normal or Hard?

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
The "Ride you like I ride my bike" line is an actual thing that exists among real world MCs. In those two scenes, Sarah's intent is to make fun of that line.
So this is like that Tidus laughing scene??? In the sense that people post it as an example of bad dub, but it's just people missing the point or using it out of context to fit their agenda.

I appreciate this. Even if it isn't true. I daren't look anywhere to find out, but i trust you! :)
Can confirm. I'm an avenger.

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
Played two hours and here's my early impression of the game so far;

the beginning is slow yet not boring, the graphics are amazing as stated by everyone and oddly enough the only thing that I thought would be mediocre turned out to be satisfying and enjoyable which is the gunplay! The bike is heavier than I thought would be and need some time to master riding it but it's fun as it is, didn't encounter any bugs, glitches or whatever and only one minor frame drop at the beginning of the game. The audio design is outstanding and truly captures the world around you.

Certainly this is a big game with a lengthy story and a vast open world, and by the looks of things I'm sure I'll spend at least the next two weeks enjoying it till the Platinum or even beyond that if it doesn't require me to complete all the side missions and NERO checkpoints, etc ...

Genuinely glad I got this day one, I expected a fun game and that's what I got and even more than that if the story delivers.

Oct 25, 2017
Played two hours and here's my early impression of the game so far;

the beginning is slow yet not boring, the graphics are amazing as stated by everyone and oddly enough the only thing that I thought would be mediocre turned out to be satisfying and enjoyable which is the gunplay! The bike is heavier than I thought would be and need some time to master riding it but it's fun as it is, didn't encounter any bugs, glitches or whatever and only one minor frame drop at the beginning of the game. The audio design is outstanding and truly captures the world around you.

Certainly this is a big game with a lengthy story and a vast open world, and by the looks of things I'm sure I'll spend at least the next two weeks enjoying it till the Platinum or even beyond that if it doesn't require me to complete all the side missions and NERO checkpoints, etc ...

Genuinely glad I got this day one, I expected a fun game and that's what I got and even more than that if the story delivers.
The bike is indeed a lot harder than I thought. Once you start getting use to it, feels so good

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
I've played the most recent Sony first-party games on hard. GoW, Horizon, and Spider-man. Just wondering how difficult this is and whether you can change the difficulty midgame.
You should play it on hard if you want the full experience, and you can't change the difficulty mid-game if you chose hard.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only a short way in, but the guns feel great? I saw some comments in the review thread that the shooting wasn't fun. No idea how or why someone thought that, but perhaps my view will change 20 or 30 hours from now.

Oct 27, 2017
More impressions from Era members who are actually playing it, please!!
Played it 3 hours so far, like it a lot. Yeah, it doesn't have that "wow"-effect you get from Spidey, Gow, HZD , but I'm digging the combat and I like how the systems slowly unfold. Playing on Pro: performance is fine, graphics are beautiful, human AI is indeed braindead, no bugs so far. Gunplay and melee feel good.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So this is like that Tidus laughing scene??? In the sense that people post it as an example of bad dub, but it's just people missing the point or using it out of context to fit their agenda.

Can confirm. I'm an avenger.
If I remember from the article about it,
Sarah jokingly replies to his proposal that she'll say yes, if they don't have one of those silly biker weddings where they say lines like that. Then during the wedding, she says it as a joke. Also, it's allegedly a real-world biker thing; the show Sons of Anarchy has a wedding with the line "I promise to treat you as good as my leather and ride you as much as my Harley" with the club members joining in celebration on the last part

Oct 25, 2017
I got some other game I'm playing right now.
I could play days gone tommorrow, but I think I might play a week later. Maybe let an extra patch or two drop.

I don't Think I'll play through this game twice (to be fair, I rarely do any game), so might as well play it when it's a little more polished.

Tusken77

Oct 27, 2017
England, United Kingdom
Loving all these impressions, guys! Keep 'em coming. I was going to wait a little while for another patch or two before putting the disc in, but reading all this has me hyped. I might jump in sooner than expected and start playing over the weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
Loving all these impressions, guys! Keep 'em coming. I was going to wait a little while for another patch or two before putting the disc in, but reading all this has me hyped. I might jump in sooner than expected and start playing over the weekend.
No technical hiccups so far on my end. It's playing pretty well. We'll see once I start upgrading the bike

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Motherfucker, bestbuy didn't ship my game and know i have go and do store pickup, i am so eager to play, in my mind this is an open world Full Throttle lol

Oct 27, 2017
Motherfucker, bestbuy didn't ship my game and know i have go and do store pickup, i am so eager to play, in my mind this is an open world Full Throttle lol
I tried this once at bb with another game and was told I couldn't just buy it off the shelf, i had to wait until they cleared the online purchase (with some promo, I forget), and only then could I come and pick it up. It was only two hours or something delay, but it was weird.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
It is! Now that they have 130+ devs, I wonder if they will create their own engine for PS5 or if they gonna keep the Unreal Engine because some of the Bend Studios guys are on the advisory board for the UE.

Bend clearly has the talent to pull off incredible visuals. If they decide to do a sequel to Days Gone, I'm almost certain they'll continue to work on the same engine.