• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Just watched the GB Quick Look and it looks great. Vinnie seems to really like it so far and says its a very slow game, on purpose of course. This is right up my alley.

Last edited:

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Oh man, based on what I've played throughout today I feel like many of the reviews were too kind, possibly aided by the game's impressive production values. This thing is riddled with irritating busy work mechanics. Moments of thinking "actually this is pretty fun" only for it to smack you back down with a bunch of painful busy work minutes later.

This seems like a game in which the patches over the next few months will vastly improve the experience by making the shitty bits less shitty.

Interested to see how folks receive it over the next few days.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You ready guys? :D
Only 1 or 2 hours (depends on where you EU guys live) until it gets unlocked on PSN.
btw. I already have a physical copy :P

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, based on what I've played throughout today I feel like many of the reviews were too kind, possibly aided by the game's impressive production values. This thing is riddled with irritating busy work mechanics. Moments of thinking "actually this is pretty fun" only for it to smack you back down with a bunch of painful busy work minutes later.

This seems like a game in which the patches over the next few months will vastly improve the experience by making the shitty bits less shitty.

The early hours of the game are mad rough and tedious.

I'll be checking out the game this weekend since it landed where I mostly thought it would.

But I'm not looking forward to this writing...

Spoilers of course, but I go into the context of that line. It's not that bad.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/days-gones-infamous-wedding-scene-in-context

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
That quoted line is sure cheesy, but I seriously don't know how it can be problematic or cosidered offensive.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017

Stealth + Open world = I'm always in, no matter what :)

Jan 15, 2018
I'm really impressed with how detailed the game world is. Probably wont be buying on launch, but this is definitely on my list.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if i'm on a 1080p monitor and a Pro, does it downsample automatically or do i need to turn the system setting on?

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
Damn, the review thread is a nightmare. Half the comments are people arguing about sjw/anti-sjw crap. Can someone please TLDR how long does the main story take to beat based on the reviews (or better yet, firsthand impressions in case you got the game early)? Are there any story side missions, how long are they and are they worth doing? Do you need to do a lot of them to stand a chance finishing the main story? How is the difficulty?

I might jump in when the game will be on sale. I do like open worlds sometimes but I hate repetitive, Ubisoft-esque side content and long games.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So when people complain about repetitive side missions are they comparing it to many other open world games? Cause I feel like in most of these open world games all activities become repetitive.

I love Spiderman and Assassins Creed Odyssey, but its not like they didn't become repetitive to a point. I got the platinum for spiderman and odyssey by the way, so I enjoyed them. Just trying to figure out if Days Gone is somehow worse in this regard or is it standard fare for being an open world game.

Tom Glass

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Damn, the review thread is a nightmare. Half the comments are people arguing about sjw/anti-sjw crap. Can someone please TLDR how long does the main story take to beat based on the reviews (or better yet, firsthand impressions in case you got the game early)? Are there any story side missions, how long are they and are they worth doing? Do you need to do a lot of them to stand a chance finishing the main story? How is the difficulty?

I might jump in when the game will be on sale. I do like open worlds sometimes but I hate repetitive, Ubisoft-esque side content and long games.

I've read somewhere that main story is for around 30 hours (that includes few hours of cut scenes)

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
Less than 50 min remaining to unlock, game is ready with patch 1.04.

I couldn't careless about the reviews, I know this game is gonna be fun.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont get this tweet, are people not allowed to have their own view or opinion? Regardless of what he thinks maybe some people found it boring anyway.

I should be getting the game in the mail tomorrow hopefully, I'm mildly hyped for it now since I wasnt before.
It has little to do with someone having an opinion and more the fact that certain reviews are claiming there is no character development for Deacon when Brian says there is if you actually play through the storylines.