• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ace

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Was thinking of getting this regardless of the review scores but some reviews mention clunky/weak gunplay which is making me think twice. Loved the gunplay in Mafia 3 and some footage reminded me of that. Guess it's nothing like it.

I've been playing most of the afternoon and although there is definitely some jank the gunplay is OK.

Long range is kinda difficult but anything up close with pistol or shotgun is statisfying.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

I'll be checking out the game this weekend since it landed where I mostly thought it would.

But I'm not looking forward to this writing...

Yeah, not a fan of this particular line of criticism here considering how that line is actually expanded upon in a funny way in another flashback scene you watch down the line.

The writing is pretty alright, and it actually deals with a diverse cast in very subtle and thoughtful ways, which I found refreshing for a videogame.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Installing now, 24GB Day -1 patch. uff. Still can't wait to play it today :)

NV1QHki.jpg
Man I want this so bad, but looks like mine will be delivered tomorrow.

What's the size before the patch? Clearing some space on my Pro for this.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not a fan of this particular line of criticism here considering how that line is actually expanded upon in a funny way in another flashback scene you watch down the line.

The writing is pretty alright, and it actually deals with a diverse cast in very subtle and thoughtful ways, which I found refreshing for a videogame.

Interesting. I'll have to see how that plays out.

I'll probably check the game out for an hour or so before I leave for work tomorrow.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Oh nice!

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Hmmm. While it isn't fair to say that the game is uncritical of him, I wouldn't say that there's a complete redemption arc in there either. He does a lot of "bad" things that are just handwaved away by the game.
so like arthur in rdr2?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm kinda over people being redeemed tbh. Let me play a selfish asshole or w/e.
The problem here isn't that Deacon is an ass. The problem is that the game gives you mixed messages about what him being an ass means. There are some characters who spend a lot of time giving Deacon shit for some stuff he did... and then in the end it becomes very clear that Deacon was right from the beginning. It's weird, as if the game wasn't sure what's the message it's trying to pass.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried added any of the Pre-Order Bonus DLC? I've just got the game which came with a code for the pre-order bonus.
I've added the code via the PSN Store, but it hasn't downloaded to the console. Not showing in the cart still, and tried re-adding it and it just states the code has already been redeemed.
Looked on my account on the PSN website and under Download List it shows this:

mktwxtl.jpg

Is it not downloading due to the official release of the game not being until tomorrow maybe? I'm sure I've had pre-order bonus code before and added them prior to release date and they've downloaded fine.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are people reviewing an motorcycle gang game and expect it to be like some fucking soft romantic netflix movie, where every body is good speaking middle class soft guys. This is motorcycle dude and they speak harsh language, if you don't understand that fact, i think that you shouldn't review or play game like this.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Has anyone tried added any of the Pre-Order Bonus DLC? I've just got the game which came with a code for the pre-order bonus.
I've added the code via the PSN Store, but it hasn't downloaded to the console. Not showing in the cart still, and tried re-adding it and it just states the code has already been redeemed.
Looked on my account on the PSN website and under Download List it shows this:

mktwxtl.jpg

Is it not downloading due to the official release of the game not being until tomorrow maybe? I'm sure I've had pre-order bonus code before and added them prior to release date and they've downloaded fine.

Maybe the content is already inside the disc/base game.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Hmmm, kinda.

I think the big difference is that Arthur keeps track of his own moral compass in RDR2, while here there are lots of characters who directly talk to Deacon about what his actions mean.
but in your opinion, is it correct to shit on deacon for this reason while arthur is considered best pg ever? (putting aside the big difference in writing quality etc.)
they sound kinda samey to me, both are very terrible people (arthur probably even more because is a criminal with a murderous past while deacon was a simple biker with some minor law trouble before the end of the world).

not trying tu make up any confrontation, i love arthur like everyone else in here.

(sorry for my english)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Are people reviewing an motorcycle gang game and expect it to be like some fucking soft romantic netflix movie, where every body is good speaking middle class soft guys. This is motorcycle dude and they speak harsh language, if you don't understand that fact, i think that you shouldn't review or play game like this.

Seriously, I don't know from which I'm more surprised. The people who rips these parts out of context and/or just don't understand it or just want to create artificial drama or the guys which believes these bullshit tweets instantly and go mental.

Bollocks like this makes me slowly start to hate my hobby these days.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
but in your opinion, is it correct to shit on deacon for this reason while arthur is considered best pg ever? (putting aside the big difference in writing quality etc.)
they sound kinda samey to me, both are very terrible people (arthur probably even more because is a criminal with a murderous past while deacon was a simple biker with some minor law trouble before the end of the world).

not trying tu make up any confrontation, i love arthur like everyone else in here.

(sorry for my english)
I think I explained it better here:

The problem here isn't that Deacon is an ass. The problem is that the game gives you mixed messages about what him being an ass means. There are some characters who spend a lot of time giving Deacon shit for some stuff he did... and then in the end it becomes very clear that Deacon was right from the beginning. It's weird, as if the game wasn't sure what's the message it's trying to pass.
I don't think that Deacon is a bad character. The problem is that the game goes back and forth on how it wants to portray Deacon. I don't think that that's an issue in RDR2.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Only played a few hours of it but I can understand the reviews it is getting. The controls aren't as smooth as they should be but gameplay is okay, not terrible but not particularly good either. It seems like it has a lot of the standard open-world fare + light crafting & RPG elements that are in a lot of games, which can be good or bad depending if you enjoy that stuff. As for story and characters, it's early days but not expecting much. The opening parts of the game haven't grabbed me in that respect.

I actually don't agree with the people that say it looks generic but a lot of the game elements are commonly found in other games, safe to say it's not reinventing the wheel although the hordes do seem kinda cool.

Oct 27, 2017
i think the game lacks direction and a strong vision. Hordes were supposed to be the main draw of the game but ended up being something not very important and instead the game was filled with pointless open world filler.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
This game was always on my radar but I wanted to wait for a reviews. As 'okay' as the reviews have been, for some reason its hyping me up even more because there's a lot of things in this game that cater to me. The digital foundry video especially tipped me over the edge with just how gorgeous the game is on the Pro. Just ordered, will be here tomorrow. Also, AMAZING OT.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
truth

I'm still need to finish a few games (FC5, ACOdyssey, RDR2, Spiderman) but man, an immersive sexy and serious zombie open world, I was craving for this for years. On the fence.

i'm 20 hours into Ac Odyssey (fucking amazing btw).
I'm grabbing Days Gone when I finish it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
i think the game lacks direction and a strong vision. Hordes were supposed to be the main draw of the game but ended up being something not very important and instead the game was filled with pointless open world filler.
I don't get that sense from reviews. The hordes and freakers are all largely praised and described as a major threat.

From what I've seen, the "pointless open-world filler" looks no different than that of games like Horizon, AC Origins, and similar games.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I've got a feeling that this game will be looked upon the future as a "damn, reviewers really did get it wrong, and people piled on it" kind of game.

Confirmation bias is one hell of a drug. I hope I enjoy it regardless.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Preach!

Oct 25, 2017
Download should be queued up for me now. Looking forward to putting in a couple of hours in the morning and seeing how it performs and controls on patch 1.04.

Seems a lot of reviewers dinged it for bugs and glitches. Which is understandable. But since we'll be playing on later patches, I wonder how the experience regarding bugs/glitches will be.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
What's the bike like when it's been fully maxed-out/upgraded vs. the state it's in when you first get it? Really hoping there's an infinite gas-tank upgrade :p (or perhaps a reward for finishing the game)?

I don't know? From what I have seen... the story looks hella interesting to me... it's nothing like the last of us... it's a bit less dark then that, it's still dark, but I say it's more mcu dark if that makes sense? It's definitely gotta a walking dead vibe to it... wit a dash of b-tier.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
im excited to try the game atleast, the negativity surrounding the game is really exhausting thought, the review thread makes me shake me head

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA

This is a dumb criticism. This person obviously hasn't spent any time with actual bikers. I can totally see that happening at a biker wedding.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
im excited to try the game atleast, the negativity surrounding the game is really exhausting thought, the review thread makes me shake me head
I used to go into review threads, but now I don't bother. They always follow the same patterns, and any possibility for good discussion gets largely buried under knee-jerk reactions