• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017

His real bike parked at the other side, that bike he's riding is belong to one of the marauders.

I watched this last night and have a few thoughts:

+ It looks gorgeous and technically very impressive.
+ The person playing is pretty good and makes the gameplay look fun, with lots of switching weapons and moving around.
+ I like the changing weather. I hope and assume it is fully dynamic as being out at night and a thunderstorm coming down would be crazy and exciting.
+ I love the look of the bike. It's the aspect I'm most looking forward to trying.

- Burning nests looks a bit tedious.
- I hope you can upgrade the petrol tank size on the bike. Being encouraged to coast downhill to conserve fuel seems a little too much in terms of fuel management in my opinion.
- I wish it was darker at nighttime. I like games where being out at night can feel really fraught, and I think it would work especially well here.
- Deacon's constant talking to himself gets annoying really fast.
- The radio conversations are a bit odd. One time he talks to Boozer and the conversation ends, and then literally a few seconds later Boozer comes back on and says something like "Deek, are you there? You said something about riding South?" when it was literally the conversation they'd just had ten seconds prior.

I mean, it looks a lot like an amalgamation of popular open world gameplay design from the last ten years, but there's nothing wrong with that and it looks very competent and polished. I don't have the money to get it right away but it's probably a game I'll pick up down the line either when I have the cash to spare or it drops in price.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Page won't load for me, and I'm not sure if it's getting hammered or has been taken down. What did they have to say about it?

Good Points:

-Unique zombie apocalypse story where things aren't as they seem
-Amazing character type and depth in the conflicted Deacon St. John
-Gameplay mixed with survival and shooting elements ensures smarts will win in the end

Bad Points:

-Gun strafing is clunky and not an effective gameplay strategy
-Just a few too many, minor technical issues

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

+ The person playing is pretty good and makes the gameplay look fun, with lots of switching weapons and moving around.
+ I like the changing weather. I hope and assume it is fully dynamic as being out at night and a thunderstorm coming down would be crazy and exciting.
+ I love the look of the bike. It's the aspect I'm most looking forward to trying.

- I hope you can upgrade the petrol tank size on the bike. Being encouraged to coast downhill to conserve fuel seems a little too much in terms of fuel management in my opinion.
- I wish it was darker at nighttime. I like games where being out at night can feel really fraught, and I think it would work especially well here.
- The radio conversations are a bit odd. One time he talks to Boozer and the conversation ends, and then literally a few seconds later Boozer comes back on and says something like "Deek, are you there? You said something about riding South?" when it was literally the conversation they'd just had ten seconds prior.

I mean, it looks a lot like an amalgamation of popular open world gameplay design from the last ten years, but there's nothing wrong with that and it looks very competent and polished. I don't have the money to get it right away but it's probably a game I'll pick up down the line either when I have the cash to spare or it drops in price.
Yeah you can upgrade the gas tank,also when they repeat themselves it means you where interrupted by something like an enemy,.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018

yeah you can upgrade gas tanks.
i hear that nights are better with hdr, maybe the video is not recorded in hdr?! (or shitty setting on the tv?)

and boozer repeat himself because he is heavily wounded and probably with fever, he says "i'm out of it" and deacon says "yeah, that's what 3rd degree burn do to you" or something like that.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neat is on it. Should be up in 20 minutes.
giphy.gif

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
i'm alone at home so i'm literally gonna eat my lunch with the review thread on my big ass oled for 4k crow serving goodness. (i hope)

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm being sincere when I ask this, as it keeps being mentioned as generic, but which openworld games have motorbikes in the woods except gta?

It's probably the one thing I really like about this game.

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
Love the competition ( and support !) between Sony Studios....it raises the bar big time.....have no doubt this will be a solid, polished title.

Can't wait to pick it up in the morning (NZ)

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man, those screenshots from Edge look fucking amazing. I can't wait to get lost in the woods.. my copy got shipped and should arrive on time tomorrow :)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I did it looks so good in the shots. Is it as good looking in motion ? I m on media blackout

Yes it does, together with the really smooth camera motion (which games not always nail, but this does) it looks incredible.
Sometimes the atmosphere is even better while you play because when you go into the photo mode it always changes the colors a bit and doesn't catch (or ignores) effects like thunder and stuff, so while playing and specially while having bad weather, you will be even more impressed.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes it does, together with the really smooth camera motion (which games not always nail, but this does) it looks incredible.
Sometimes the atmosphere is even better while you play because when you go into the photo mode it always changes the colors a bit and doesn't catch effects like thunder and stuff, so while playing and specially while bad weather, you will be even more impressed.
Damn .good on bend for achieving this

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes the atmosphere is even better while you play because when you go into the photo mode it always changes the colors a bit and doesn't catch (or ignores) effects like thunder and stuff, so while playing and specially while having bad weather, you will be even more impressed.
This is great since atmosphere is very in these type of games.