• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Horizon is set on earth lol and the story is actually far more believable than a zombie apocalypse.
I know it is set on earth lol... sorry if I have to spell out my implication. Horizon is set 1000 (?) years in an unrecognizable future where tribes have taken over... days gone is supposedly set days after a "freaker" apocalypse. One should have a bit more leniency with it's crazy character names than the other...

Oct 25, 2017

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I really wanna pre order this on the damn psn store. But it won't let me use my wallet money plus a debit card to buy it I gotta wait till the game actually drops.
Buy the difference that you need with your debit card on Amazon in PlayStation store card form. Also figure in the amount you'll need for tax as well. Then pre-order it.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another reviewer commented on that Days Gone 8.7 review post on N4G and said their review that is going up in the morning is pretty much in line with that one's thoughts.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People get too hung up on what number is assigned to a game. Dying Light didn't receive 9's and 10's and ended up being arguably one of the best games released that year as well as being probably the best open world zombie game to date.

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say my biggest pet peeve for any open world game with a vehicle/horse/whatever:
Why don't they put arrows on the road? On the world? Somewhere but the damn mini map. I hate looking at the mini map 80 percent of the time when driving (in any game )

Shini42

Jan 7, 2018
Gotta say my biggest pet peeve for any open world game with a vehicle/horse/whatever:
Why don't they put arrows on the road? On the world? Somewhere but the damn mini map. I hate looking at the mini map 80 percent of the time when driving (in any game )
I feel the opposite. Whenever they put arrows on the actual road, instead of the mini map, my first impulse is to go through settings to turn that shit off. It does makes sense in some Sci-Fi settings, but other than that I hate it.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks real bad from the recent gameplay, I'll be surprised (and happy) if it scores above 70. The moment to moment gameplay seems so boring, the environments empty and the gameplay a little wonky.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks real bad from the recent gameplay, I'll be surprised (and happy) if it scores above 70. The moment to moment gameplay seems so boring, the environments empty and the gameplay a little wonky.
Given the impressions so far and the early reviews, you're definitely going to be surprised. Under a 70 is like eurojank/Elex territory. Low 80s is much more likely, I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's higher

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Well shit I just preordered this on PSN! I was going to wait for reviews and I really never preorder anything but the hype got me and so want to be playing at 11pm tomorrow not waiting for downloads! I'm fairly confident the game is going to be great for me though.

Zombies aren't my favorite theme but I love single player open world games and I just can't pass on a big Sony 1st party release.

I swear hype on ERA is a large part of why I buy so many games, and buy so many at release. I just get excited and want to be on the ground floor at the hype party :)

Last edited:

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Mafia 3 did it best. It had road signs telling you where to go.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

We did that in Agents of Mayhem. It was an upgrade to the GPS system from Saints Row.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is easily over 80 MC, people how think it's lower than 80 has to be almost blind, and doesn't know nothing about gaming.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Agree, it's far more fun to drive around with simple arrows on the road or something so you can see where you need to go without having to take your view down to a mini-map in the corner which is distracting and can lead to many a crashes.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Good morning, want some more screenshots? 😁

1080p super sampled PNG screenshots. PS4 Pro.

2uOFyyP.png

7PWKh6Y.png

gznEnZO.png

lYchNZd.png

Shini42

Jan 7, 2018
Agree, it's far more fun to drive around with simple arrows on the road or something so you can see where you need to go without having to take your view down to a mini-map in the corner which is distracting and can lead to many a crashes.
How do you drive irl? Do you crash every time you use navigation system?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How do you drive irl? Do you crash every time you use navigation system?

Umm, I tend to already know where to drive and how to get there but on the off chance I use navigation they usually have a voice that tells you when to turn, etc so you don't infact have to look at the screen or take your eyes away from the road.

Why do you think there are laws against use phones/texting, etc during driving? Anything that distracts you or requires you to look away from the road can lead to accidents, and that's exactly what mini-maps in video games do.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

My biggest problem with burnout paradise.

I'm a regular open world game id be ok with an icon indicating general direction

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hey all, atleast we can agree that no matter where it sits the game will be pretty and there will be some great photo mode shots.

Unreal engine 4 putting in work.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Another patch, how big ?

Just want to chime in and agree with the comments I've seen about ai. Watching some footage and it is extremely weak. Both ai and human. I expect negative comments about it in reviews.