• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 8, 2017
Anybody speak Spanish? I don't but I still enjoyed the video but I am curious what this guy thought about his riding in Oregon and why he put up a mission failed towards the end. He even went to Marion Forks where Deacon and Sarah's wedding took place which is basically the restaurant that you see and a fish hatchery. I've eaten there a number of times in the past but it's been closed down for the past year or so.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Amazing screenshots. This game looks so beautiful.
These screenshots look awesome Edge.

Thank you. :)

ziZ10xT.png

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
Is the bike physically customizable? Like changing the tires, handlebars, exhaust, etc.? Riding a low-seated Harley Davidson type bike in this game would be cool.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about game worlds just looks right.

Is the bike physically customizable? Like changing the tires, handlebars, exhaust, etc.? Riding a low-seated Harley Davidson type bike in this game would be cool.
Not 100% sure on tires but yeah for the handlebars and exhaust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoqkb8BNtZo

"So at bike merchants you can go in and customize the parts that improve all kinds of performance-related aspects of it, from a larger fuel tank so you can go further without running out of gas, faster engines, nitrous, all kinds of things that are performance-related, but all kinds of visual accoutrements, from different parts that add durability, but also they just look different and cool so players can customize it that way. But then they can go into a really, really deep paint system where they can change the paint color, the paint type. They can add decals. We even have custom bike skins. So the players are going to form an attachment to this thing because they need it, but they're also going to form it because they like what they built."

Last edited:

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched that real time weather video.. as well as Gamersydes uncompressed 4K videos.. wow. This game is gorgeous. Gorgeous!

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Something seemed to go wrong at the end. This link should start in the right place. Thanks!

So basically he wanted to capture scenery and landscapes similar to days gone, or that appeared in days gone, but the town Chemult didn't have a hotel/motel so he had to stay in another town, when he got to Chemult it was super cold and rainy so he couldn't take the shoot, or film the scenery and he could deploy the drone because of the rain and cold, so he could not capture the ambiance that he wanted similar to days gone, at the end he says you can't always win, that's why the mission failed. Hope this helped.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Amazing screeenshots indeed!

Those road textures put some racing games to shame, haha. And both from videos and those shots it seems like they went the extra mile and random debris littering the road might be using POM to make it appear 3D? That's some crazy attention to detail, I love it.

Game seems to be a hell of a looker if nothing else.

Oct 27, 2017
Will Days Gone dethrone RDR2 in the best looking open world graphics department?
I'd say RDR2 has the better "artistic" lightning, but DG has better character models, textures, foliage.

Nov 8, 2017
So basically he wanted to capture scenery and landscapes similar to days gone, or that appeared in days gone, but the town Chemult didn't have a hotel/motel so he had to stay in another town, when he got to Chemult it was super cold and rainy so he couldn't take the shoot, or film the scenery and he could deploy the drone because of the rain and cold, so he could not capture the ambiance that he wanted similar to days gone, at the end he says you can't always win, that's why the mission failed. Hope this helped.

Wow, thank you so much! What a bummer for him.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Watching some streams the PS4 and holy shit the enemy ai needs a ton of work.

Combat looks like a choir when out of ammo.
Areas you just cleaned out only to have enimies reappear 2 minutes later out of thin air.
Freakers not attacking even tho you standing right in front of them....

Not gonna lie, disappointed from what i am seeing in these streams.

Oct 27, 2017
Unless the reviews are terrible i'll Probably buy the game cuz I'm in the middle of a gaming drought but I feel like I don't really know what this game is suppose to be or how to approach it as all I ever really see/hear about it is it's 'hordes Of zombies' tech which probably lost a lil bit of it's luster considering world war z just came out and is fairly decent.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Will Days Gone dethrone RDR2 in the best looking open world graphics department?
I'd say RDR2 has the better "artistic" lightning, but DG has better character models, textures, foliage.
Nah, I still think RDR2 has yet to be dethroned. Even as good as Days Gone looks, RDR2 feels very stylized like Horizon and Uncharted 4 which allows for some seriously beautiful moments. Shit looks like a painting at times.

red-dead-redemption-2-game-l7.jpg

They sure as hell put alot of work into the world itself

That snowfall is honestly ridiculous, I can't say I've seen anything like that in a game before. Great job from the engineers and artists at Bend.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I still think RDR2 has yet to be dethroned. Even as good as Days Gone looks, RDR2 feels very stylized like Horizon and Uncharted 4 which allows for some seriously beautiful moments. Shit looks like a painting at times.

red-dead-redemption-2-game-l7.jpg

That snowfall is honestly ridiculous, I can't say I've seen anything like that in a game before. Great job from the engineers and artists at Bend.
Yes, I take my question back, because as I've already stated the artistic factor plays a huge role.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Days Gone probably has sharper textures but RDR2 is a goddamn painting! The art direction is unbeatable!

qjdmvungvqw11.jpg

Speaking of, how do the clouds look in Days Gone?

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Disappointed if the HUD options are limited to just turning the damage numbers off. Was really hoping that the sound/vision icons were able to be turned off and even more so, the hints that seem to pop up in the middle of the screen throughout the game especially since that reminds me of State of Decay 2. Hated that I couldn't turn it off. Really hoping that Bend is already working on a patch for more HUD options.

Saw a few posts on the last page or two that talked about if Bend Studio is proven and in this regard, I would say yes based on their previous games but like with Horizon for Guerrilla, it will be Days Gone that puts Bend Studio on the map as a legitimate Sony first party developer and in the mainstream. Same will happen for Sucker Punch with Ghost of Tsushima.

In other words, these studios are now elevated to the Naughty Dog and Santa Monica level due to those three respective games.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Disappointed if the HUD options are limited to just turning the damage numbers off. Was really hoping that the sound/vision icons were able to be turned off and even more so, the hints that seem to pop up in the middle of the screen throughout the game especially since that reminds me of State of Decay 2. Hated that I couldn't turn it off. Really hoping that Bend is already working on a patch for more HUD options.

Saw a few posts on the last page or two that talked about if Bend Studio is proven and in this regard, I would say yes based on their previous games but like with Horizon for Guerrilla, it will be Days Gone that puts Bend Studio on the map as a legitimate Sony first party developer and in the mainstream. Same will happen for Sucker Punch with Ghost of Tsushima.

In other words, these studios are now elevated to the Naughty Dog and Santa Monica level due to those three respective games.
There is some talk of later patches/dlc removing HUD items as part of a survivor difficulty. Not sure if it will be optional for all difficulties.