• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Punpun

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
How's the exploration in this game? Are there question marks on the map or do you have to explore yourself? Hoping for the latter.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I can't wait for this game. The horde tech in WWZ just got me more hyped for it.

Those screens look incredible. Is the framerate stable 30 capped using "resolution" or the equivalent setting on Pros?

Oct 26, 2017
I would also be a bad swimmer with clothes, shoes and a few heavy weapons on my back.

Swimming with a fire axe....no thx xD

I saw the swimming thing. If they put a small drowning animation at the end of a timer it'd be way more acceptable. Right now its like the water is an invisible wall lol. Unless of course there's an ingame reason why water kill deacon.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid I need to wait for reviews and better impressions of the game before I pull the trigger on this one. Too many development setbacks from a developer that has yet to truly prove themselves. I want this game to be amazing so cautiously optimistic on this one.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm afraid I need to wait for reviews and better impressions of the game before I pull the trigger on this one. Too many development setbacks from a developer that has yet to truly prove themselves. I want this game to be amazing so cautiously optimistic on this one.
The studio behind Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Resistance: Retribution, and the whole Syphon Filter series hasn't proved themselves?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait till the weekend to play. I am actually more looking forward to read some salt from those people that want to shit on the game for no reason

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Meh, Syphon Filter games were amazing and memorable to this day. People are still clamoring for a remake/revival so there's that.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Most of their development efforts have been on older portables/consoles, not a current gen platform. Hopefully this is their ace in the hole.
It's still a demonstrable track record of managing and completing large scale projects to critical acclaim. I can understand maybe being apprehensive to the first open world game from the team, but I guess I just disagree with the idea of Bend having not proved themselves as a great team already.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
It's still a demonstrable track record of managing and completing large scale projects to critical acclaim. I can understand maybe being apprehensive to the first open world game from the team, but I guess I just disagree with the idea of Bend having not proved themselves as a great team already.

I mean, from the previews ("it's a AAA-ass game that borrows from a ton of other AAA games in a way that works") make it sound very competent.

If it's something special remains to be seen, but I'm down for some open world "zombie" action on a motorbike.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Has night lasting for over an hour been confirmed?

I mean, from the previews ("it's a AAA-ass game that borrows from a ton of other AAA games in a way that works") make it sound very competent.

If it's something special remains to be seen, but I'm down for some open world "zombie" action on a motorbike.
The clear Horizon influences have been nice to see

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps my phrasing was poor. They HAVE proved themselves in the past, but not in the current console generation. I've got my PSN bucks ready to pull the trigger. I love this style of game so this is right up my alley.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, even single player games.

You can say it as many times as you like but it's still not true. If you can name 3 single player only games with day one 20GB patches then you win a prize. We've had Kingdom so far and that's the only one with a 20GB patch.

I mean, I've preordered the game already but that size a patch is taking the piss and would put me off if I didn't have a half decent connection.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
1080p super sampled PNG screenshots. PS4 Pro.

T02we6n.png

DCySQve.png

lERBhyh.png

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
That's amazing how a 130 people team has crafted this beautiful open world with 30hour compaign !

Especially when Barlog said they have not resources to do an open world while they were 300 at peak

Thanks for sharing screens

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
You can say it as many times as you like but it's still not true. If you can name 3 single player only games with day one 20GB patches then you win a prize. We've had Kingdom so far and that's the only one with a 20GB patch.

I mean, I've preordered the game already but that size a patch is taking the piss and would put me off if I didn't have a half decent connection.

Wht? I thought you were curious about patch sizes this gen. If I knew you were looking to prove a point then I would not have started this conversation with you.

Most AAA games have big day one patches, this includes some single player only titles. I don't know how many of them are around or above 20 GB.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not generally bothered emotionally by how games are perceived on the run up to release, I mean, who cares right? But with Days Gone it's been bizarre how aggressively people have shit all over it and I'm genuinely (pathetically?) hoping it does really, really well critically and commercially in large part just to stick two fingers up to everyone who concern trolled, who spouted 'GENERIC' without ever expanding on why, who wittered on about zombie fatigue, open world fatigue, bad animations, bad sound effects, backwards pointing hats, ad nauseum, who just straight up refused to give it a chance. Fingers crossed the review thread is glorious tomorrow.

I've been on board since the reveal, buying this weekend. Don't let me down you magnificent bastard.

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not generally bothered emotionally by how games are perceived on the run up to release, I mean, who cares right? But with Days Gone it's been bizarre how aggressively people have shit all over it and I'm genuinely (pathetically?) hoping it does really, really well in large part critically and commercially just to stick two fingers up to everyone who concern trolled, who spouted 'GENERIC' without ever expanding on why, who wittered on about zombie fatigue, open world fatigue, bad animations, bad sound effects, backwards pointing hats, as nauseum, who just straight up refused to give it a chance. Fingers crossed the review thread is glorious tomorrow.

I've been on board since the reveal, buying this weekend. Don't let me down you magnificent bastard.

I'll be honest, I've been skeptical about the game since it's reveal. Nothing in the early trailers made the game look compelling or original.

I've since come around but that's only thanks to the extended gameplay footage that has only come out recently.

I mean, I get the "trolling" part of people being down on the game, but I think a larger part was Sony just marketing the game very poorly from the start.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, I've been skeptical about the game since it's reveal. Nothing in the early trailers made the game look compelling or original.

I've since come around but that's only thanks to the extended gameplay footage that has only come out recently.

I mean, I get the "trolling" part of people being down on the game, but I think a larger part was Sony just marketing the game very poorly from the start.
Nah this aint true at all.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wht? I thought you were curious about patch sizes this gen. If I knew you were looking to prove a point then I would not have started this conversation with you.

Most AAA games have big day one patches, this includes some single player only titles. I don't know how many of them are around or above 20 GB.

Nope, it was a rhetorical question which you answered with a one word answer which aside from being completely inaccurate made no attempt to justify it with examples.

Why even answer the question when you don't even know what games launched with patch sizes this enormous?

If a single player game is so broken it needs a patch of that size it should be delayed otherwise we might just as well do away with physical copies of games altogether.

kingkenny76

Oct 31, 2017
Damn this thread has got to me (especially those PNG screenshots) and I pulled the trigger. My backlog just got fuller

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Dead Rising 3 had an 11 GB patch at or near day 1 right ?

Wasnt dead rising 3 a launch title for the xbox one? A console that stripped all its drm 6 months before launch and was in panick stations to get games running for launch.

Or are you talking about dead rising 4, because dead rising 3 seems like an odd choice to compare this too.