• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Can you quick save at a bike even when it's out of fuel? And surely you can slowly push the bike around even when you're out of fuel?

e: looks like Egida already answered the second question

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Horde gameplay previously shown from PGW awhile back I think, but in Japanese with the current/release game maybe?

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Hope my amazon.ca preorder shows up on Friday so I can go ham on this game until 4am but I doubt it will.

Any word of a day one patch btw?

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
are the environmental kills still a thing?

Not sure about the kills, but you can still slow the horde down by cutting down wood and stuff like that.

I seen barrels and trucks exploding and killing zombies when you shoot them.

I don't think that's what he means. Remember Deacon stomping the head into the saw?

Yeah there is a replica video of the E3 horde demo going around so they are definitely still in.

I only saw the cutting down wood in there. What environmental kills did you see?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Game sharing this with my younger brother. Cannot wait, this, avengers and the start of beastly GoT episodes in one weekend is just too much to handle lol

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Normal. They weren't planning to add difficulty options until recently so I'm worried the difficulty options are half-baked.

Yea, that's my primary concern with hard.

I want challenge, but not something that has the possibility of ruining the first time experience.

Edit: Gotcha Modest. Hopefully a confirmation or something pops up before I get my hands on the game.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, I woke up thinking that today was Thursday and I'd have a front row seat to the madness of a Days Gone review thread regardless of how the game reviews. Wel in other related news, I just got an email from Target informing me that my game has shipped. I'm hoping that it comes tomorrow rather than Friday so I just jump right in.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Gonna give it a try this afternoon before EndGame, hope it's good
58586674_10218903050671227_6045758113749925888_n.jpg

Or not, D1 patch of 24gb i was not expecting lol

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

His real bike parked at the other side, that bike he's riding is belong to one of the marauders.

Ugh, that super narrow FoV is killing me. This is a case where there's a legitimate argument to be made regarding visual fidelity take precedence over gameplay. We're talking about a game where literally hundreds of zombies can come after you, so it especially hurts. There also isn't an indicator for attacks like in GoW.

If you're going to make an open world game, let me have a wider FoV and the ability to pan the camera back. Let me soak in the world. I want to feel like I'm in vast lands. With the camera pulled in so close and the narrow FoV, it feels like I'm in a small, linear game while on foot. Claustrophobia isn't a feeling I want to experience in open world titles.

Last edited:

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it got 83% in a german Videogame magazine (M! Games).

They praise the graphics and interesting characters, they didn't like the generic missions.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about the kills, but you can still slow the horde down by cutting down wood and stuff like that.

I don't think that's what he means. Remember Deacon stomping the head into the saw?

I only saw the cutting down wood in there. What environmental kills did you see?
I just rewatched it to be sure but I only saw wood cutting. Not sure if the saw kill is still in but I can't say it isn't because he never went near it with the horde.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Can you show us something to back this up (shooting barrels does not count)? I've seen a lot of footage (and I mean a lot) and I saw no environmental kills (smashing a freaker's head into a saw for example) whatsover in the final version.
i saw someone played E3 2016 section with all the environmental kills we've seen before in reddit, couldn't find the link tho!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I read somewhere that Hard is the intended mode, but at the cost of marking enemies & such...

I don't know...

Marking them is always convenient for me.
That sounds right up my alley, nice! I find marking and Batman vision / TLoU Listen mode type things to be detrimental to my gameplay experience (they're silly and I feel like they hand you the win way too much), so if Days Gone's hard mode lacks those, and aim assist, that'll be the experience for me. Glad they've implemented these difficulty modes, so that everyone can pick exactly the mode that creates the type of gameplay experience they're looking for.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Preorder just got charged on amazon! Gonna go to a friends for endgame this weekend but hey maybe they'll wanna play it a little