• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Amazing OT just missing some stealth gameplay information tbh.

Looking forward to the release, I can't wait to see the story and the Syphon Filter Easter eggs

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
There's different types, similar to how Left 4 had the hunters and tanks aside from the usual freakers.

This recent video does a good job of showing some of the freaker variety but its possible they are holding some off for spoiler reasons.
Also don't forget they are infected animals too like rager bears and wolves.

Thanks for the info.

Why not play the game and be surprised instead of spoiled?
I'm not really one that cares much for spoilers. I got spoiled on the entirety of BB before I played it and I still think it's one of the best games this gen.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
This will be a great weekend. Home alone, some Jambalaya, some stuff for university and plenty of time for Days Gone. Absolutely in the mood for some ubiesque Open World and Zombies (I don't like the term freakers oder whatever is used for infected/zombies)

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Thanks for the info.

I'm not really one that cares much for spoilers. I got spoiled on the entirety of BB before I played it and I still think it's one of the best games this gen.

But still, it's much more fun to get blindsided and surprised by some unexpected creature that makes you go 'wow', than knowing it's in the game beforehand, isn't it?

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
But still, it's much more fun to get blindsided and surprised by some unexpected creature that makes you go 'wow', than knowing it's in the game beforehand, isn't it?
If it's something really special and unique, sure but I'm not exactly sure if Days Gone will cause a paradigm shift in zombie games or anything. On the other hand, you can also say that I'm pretty weak willed so sucks to be me I guess.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
A very stylish thread, Nagito. Thanks for your work.

Hours before release, I think Days Gone's best asset is that no one seems to be expecting a "GOTY caliber" game. There is a collected air around it, very accepting of its virtues and its shortcomings. It is from this moderate position that the final product could be able to surprise us and take the world (players) by storm.

Days Gone doesn't need to be the next interactive wonder. It's enough for Sony Bend and the franchise, to start off on the right foot and deliver a nice, solid product.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does hard difficulty turn the zombies into annoying sponges or what? I like a challenge but everyone being a supersponge would probably get old

Does anyone know if there are there special infected/freakers in this game?

They've shown a few variants like a big brute one and little children ones -- I would assume there are more as well but I'm not sure

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Going to the city today and try to find the game!! I really want to play it before my busy weekend begins.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
is the game broken without the day1 patch or still playable but a bit buggy. because the 23gb patch will mean i wont get to play till Saturday if its broken without it.

Oct 27, 2017
is the game broken without the day1 patch or still playable but a bit buggy. because the 23gb patch will mean i wont get to play till Saturday if its broken without it.
It is playable but you might run into issues here and there. Someone fell through the world (one time) and the performance got worse here and there.

I would recommend downloading the patch if possible for the best experience but it is playable without.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Who is it that will be making the review thread, again? Was it you, vestan? Apologies for tagging you if not. Was just wondering if it'd go up the minute the embargo lifts, or slightly before.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
It is playable but you might run into issues here and there. Someone fell through the world (one time) and the performance got worse here and there.

I would recommend downloading the patch if possible for the best experience but it is playable without.
alright. thanks. hopefully my internet plays nice Friday afternoon and i can play sometime friday night.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been wondering what it looks like when you run into zombies while biking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Y_1wAw5p4&feature=youtu.be&t=3164

Looks satisfying enough

My main issue with the game is some of the combat animations are sloppy -- you see characters/enemies juttering around, flicking their position, etc, particularly during melee. That said, it's not so bad that I think it'd ruin my enjoyment, and there are some good elements too. Blood/gore looks pretty good. The general rendering quality of the characters and especially the environment is absolutely world class. Environment looks on the level of HZD if not better.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
My main issue with the game is some of the combat animations are sloppy -- you see characters/enemies juttering around, flicking their position, etc, particularly during melee. That said, it's not so bad that I think it'd ruin my enjoyment, and there are some good elements too. Blood/gore looks pretty good.

I also realized this.

The animations are not exactly Naughty Dog (yet?), but it's functional & sometimes funny somewhat.

But good effort from Bend at least.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Here we are. Near the end of the road for this game.

I'll be the first to admit that when the long-rumored Bend Studio's new IP was unveiled at E3 2016, there was a sinking drop-of-mic moment when it turned out to be a gritty, self-serious open world zombie game. And while I've come around on the game to thinking that it looks pretty neat overall, it's still not a pitch or setting that excites me - unlike say, The Order or Ghost of Tsushima.

But credit to Bend. The leads for Days Gone has been on-the-record on being open about their inspirations for the game (RDR/Sons of Anarchy/TWD) and the more I see the game, while it's not a game pitch that subverts its inspiration, it's clearly a product that wants to live up to those games and shows that they were inspired by.

And when I look at other aspects of the project's origin and where they were compared to now, it's still surprising that a studio that hasn't made a AAA console game in a decade was allowed the time, resources and creative freedom to make a game, that while not revolutionary from a game-design standpoint, is very ambitious in many different facets.

However the game's critical and commercial reception will be, here's to you - Bend Studios.

P.S. My OT name of choice would've been |OT| Bend it Like Oregon

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
By the way, can we choose which side we step of the bike and is there shoulder swap when aiming? I'm a sucker for those tiny little gameplay improvements.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I actually watched Sons of Anarchy, as it was mentioned as an inspiration for Deacon and geez, it was such an awesome series and I nearly missed that one. So Days Gone already has a plus side for me, even before release ;)

Only played a preview build during an event for 3 hours and liked it, let's see how the final version is going to be.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Stuff like Smokers, hunters, bloats, .etc from L4D.

Yes, from Reddit:
Swarmers: Most common, they travel usually in groups of two to three at a time, but can grow much larger.

Newts: Children swarmers that got mutated before adulthood. They're not as confident as the swarmers, so they are not as likely to attack you. Instead, they will watch you closely and wait for any signs of weakness and then jump Deacon. Freakers will eat the newts if they are starving and there is no other option..

Screamers: pretty self-explanatory. A type of freaker that will scream and alert all the surrounding freakers, which will then lead to a very tense next couple of minutes depending on how prepared you are.

Hordes: Massive groups of swarmers that think and act as one organism. Truly terrifying to see literally hundreds running after you at a time. Also, a horde of 300 freakers is considered small on Days Gone..

Breaker: A Breaker is to Days Gone what the tank is to Left 4 Dead. A very, VERY strong creature that you will want to avoid at all costs.

There are also animal freakers.

Yo people asking for why Deacon can't change his outfit, he can't because the cutscenes are pre rendered. Similiar to Mafia 3.

How would the bike look in cutscenes if prerendered?
And Mafia 3's cutscenes were real time by the way.

Last edited:

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Endgame, Game of Thrones, then Days Gone in the same week.

pJU1yQR.gif
And attack on titan season 4 aaaaand cobra kai season 2.

Best week of the year.