• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game?

• Days Gone

Votes: 87 13.0%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 582 87.0%

• Total voters

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So I am interested in a story driven, 60 FPS PS5 open world game, and I'm torn between DG & GoT. I'm not a big collectathon type open world player, and mostly just get from point A to point B to move the story along.

Which do you think I would prefer & why?

The motorcycle traversal from DG sounds great (good traversal critical in open world games, IMO) as does outrunning hordes but the combat from GoT looks more interesting. Curious to hear what Era thinks!

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it boils down to whether you prefer ranged or melee combat.

They're both great.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't make me choose.

I love both.

With that said, if you have PSPlus it is free on PS5 so you probably have it already. In that case get Ghost and play both.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Days Gone is one of the most underrated and unfairly maligned titles of arguably the entire last gen. Ghost of Tsushima is arguably a top 10 title of the entire last gen. If you can only play one, Ghost every single time.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Days Gone but I assume you plan on playing on PS5 since you mention 60fps and Days Gone is included with PS Plus on PS5, Ghost of Tsushima is not.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima is quite comfortably by game of the year so I'd definitely recommend that, but Days Gone is free on Plus so there's no reason not to play it.

Jan 11, 2018
Visuals, vibe, and music- Ghost
Everything else- Days Gone

Overall- Days Gone

My main problem with Ghost was that even playing on the hardest difficulty it was just too easy to become overleveled and destroy everything. By the time I got to the third act I was just exhausted from the ease and repetitiveness of everything. Days Gone was too long but at least it remained challenging all the way through.

Horizon beats them both though.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Both pretty different types of games in terms of combat that i think that come downs to preference.

GoT wins out on Story though. And if you were at all ever interested in Ninja or Samurai stuff it's a MUST PLAY.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a landslide for GoT. But Days Gone is secretly brilliant and I much prefer it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
These are both very boring open world games. But Ghost of Tsushima looks prettier so there you go. Enjoy your press triangle simulator.

Doc Cottle

Jan 28, 2020
I really like the look of Days Gone but I have a phobia of zombie hordes. Can't even watch Sean of the Dead.

Aaronsteel

Sep 24, 2018
Both games aren't bad, but Days Gone is like a 6/10 vs 8-9/10 GoT. Like people said Days Gone is free on Plus so if that works better for you, no harm done, Ghost will get cheaper

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
We've seen this poll question before and GoT won by a 2-to1 margin.

Days Gone takes a long time to get going. And it does not have the same consistent emotional payoffs as GoT.
Both are good games, though.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Tsushima is easily the better of the two.

But Days Gone is also a lot better than it's release-date state now. Give that a try later.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Ghost of Tsushima has glorious presentation but it's so shallow IMO. You quickly become overwhelmingly overpowered and there's no challenge whatsoever. And the lack of a compass drove me batshit insane. I need to know which DIRECTION I'm pointing! So I constantly need to open the map, which seeks the opposite of what the devs wanted me to do. Oh, and there was zero discovery because of the bird that shows up every time you're near anything.

There was so little variety. Go here, kill people. Go there, kill people. The stealth was so half baked it made Assassin's Creed look like MGS. And the same two world events every time: hostage OR bear attack.

Days Gone wasn't a masterpiece but it had some emergent/dynamic gameplay elements, some varied gameplay activities, and was a challenge on higher difficulties. Can't wait to try it in 60fps.

Last edited:

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I liked both alot, and feel like a big problem with Days Gone was the performance--but I would still recommend Ghost. It's more polished, has a more unique setting and story.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They're both great, and actually quite similar in some ways (they both let you tackle missions however you like) But tsushima is the better of the 2. Definitely worth playing both though.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Days Gone and it's not even close for me. GoT got extremely repetitive before even leaving the first part of the island.

Nov 14, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima for sure. I know Days Gone has seen a ton of improvements since launch but GoT is one of the best games this year.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I had to go with Ghost, its just a really special game. But I loved Day Gone. Get PS+ and you can redeem it as a PS5 perk. Honestly you should not miss either.

I am playing Days Gone currently and it looks incredible at 60fps

Oct 27, 2017
So I am interested in a story driven, 60 FPS PS5 open world game, and I'm torn between DG & GoT. I'm not a big collectathon type open world player, and mostly just get from point A to point B to move the story along.

Which do you think I would prefer & why?

The motorcycle traversal from DG sounds great (good traversal critical in open world games, IMO) as does outrunning hordes but the combat from GoT looks more interesting. Curious to hear what Era thinks!
Days gone was my goty but ghosts is awesome too

Oct 26, 2017
just to add a counter opinion on this, although you can't go wrong either way. I love Days Gone, so much so that I almost accidentally platinumed the game by accident. Days Gone kept me coming back and kept my attention, whereas GoT has taken me months to play it and I've still not finished it.

I think if you are a golden path type player Ghost of Tsushima is the better choice, but if you enjoy 100% everything Days Gone is far more enjoyable in that regard and it is the weakest point of ghost of Tsushima.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima is a better game in every single way. Plus, Legends makes it an even more impressive package.

Days Gone is just okay.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Both. Remember Days Gone is part of the Plus Collection if you sign up for one month.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I got bored of GOT quicker than DG. *shrugs*

I like both games though. Will get around to beating them eventually

Both feel way better on PS5. I guess I just had more fun clearing out nests and hordes than I did clearing out Mongol camps.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ghost without question. I found Days to be a very flawed game and just not that compelling overall. It's not bad, but just not that great or at all memorable. Ghost has some detractors with it's open world design but I found it to be an amazing experience start to finish and most seem to agree. It's a stunning and rich game that's just fun to play and explore with a very solid and enjoyable plot and some great side characters and content.