• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's a very cool ad. Sony's marketing has been excellent for first-party games all gen to be honest.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has this place dropped so low that some are going after a video game character name now? REALLY ERA? REALLY? 🤨n4g comments display more class then this. Some of y'all need to check yourselfs.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I'll ever not enjoy one of these trailers from Sony. The "Greatness Awaits" with the camera pulling out that they do in some of them gets me ever time, so simple too.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'll ever not enjoy one of these trailers from Sony. The "Greatness Awaits" with the camera pulling out that they do in some of them gets me ever time, so simple too.
Their ads are amazing this gen. Almost all of them are great.

Has this place dropped so low that some are going after a video game character name now? REALLY ERA? REALLY? 🤨n4g comments display more class then this. Some of y'all need to check yourselfs.
We had it all here. White male? Meh. Biker? Meh. His clothes... meh. His wife dead? Meh. Zombies? Meh. Artstyle... generic/meh. His name... meh. His wedding Meh. After the Sekiro difficulty debate, somebody even tried to use it against Days Gone and failed.
Now we're back to "His name? Meh."

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I am increasingly becoming aware that many on Era has no idea what the word 'generic' actually means.

ot: faaaantastic trailer/ad. Not too long and gets the point of the game across to the audience really well. Well done to the marketing team behind it

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Deacon st John is the most generic white guy name I have ever heard in my life it's bad real fucking bad like how the fuck could they make a name so bad smh

Anyway on topic game looks fun I cant wait to play it nice ad too

What a silly post. Do you even know what generic means? Deacon St John isn't really a common or typical name at all, in fact, it's actually very unique. Hell, I couldn't even find another person on Google or a quick search on Facebook with the same name.

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I've never met a Deacon in my life.

People can't even come up with their own criticisms of the game that they just repeat what they see others say. The criticisms of this game have become more generic than they claim this game to be.

At least try to have an original thought when attempting to bash a game you think isn't original enough.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I'm not even kidding, this is pretty much the level of unintelligent discourse I predicted I would get in response to my post.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with disliking the name, but don't just regurgitate criticisms or words you don't understand, especially when you're applying them incorrectly. You disliking something doesn't make it generic.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
I'm not even kidding, this is pretty much the level of unintelligent discourse I predicted I would get in response to my post.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with disliking the name, but don't just regurgitate criticisms or words you don't understand, especially when you're applying them incorrectly. You disliking something doesn't make it generic.
Lol I said it was dropped I'm not gonna give you a response because I explained myself already read thru my replies or not up to you lol

s y

Nov 8, 2017
MC looks a lot skinnier in this ad than in the other trailers. is there an eating mechanic?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
nice trailer, these pre-launch mood trailers are always pretty neat

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Kinda unrelated, but I just noticed that the PS Latam channel has been uploading the trailers with the latin amaerican dub. Sounds pretty good IMO:

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
They didn't waste any time, have just seen this trailer played on Comedy Central in the ad break of Impractical Jokers.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how this game will go in terms of sales compared to the previous Sony exclusives of this generation.
I think it will be above Infamous Second Son and below Bloodborne.

But we don't have up to date sales figures for either of these games? Bloodborne was >2 million after about 6 months as I recall, but assuming a decent sales tail it's probably nearer 3 million by now, if not higher.

In any case, given the mass market appeal of this and the effort they're putting in to market it, I think it's likely to do 3-4 million on the low end unless reviews are really poor.

Nov 8, 2017
I just saw it during the NBA game on TNT. It must be working because it's jumped to the top of PS4 best sellers on Amazon.com.