• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if fuel plays into this game for the motorcycle, and is it based on the story progress or is finding/maintaining fuel supply a gameplay mechanic?
You will need to feed the bike with fuel in the gameplay. If you ever run out of fuel you can either run and find a car or a gas station to refuel or run away to a nearby friendly camp and pay them to bring it to you.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like this discussion should splinter off into a new thread topic, because at this point it has little to do with the new look at Days Gone.

No they were posted as the original argument someone made was all Sony protagonists are dark haired white males including Deacon in Days Gone, the thread for some reason has quickly become about racial diversity in Sony games.

TheLoCoRaven

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
I expect this game to be a solid 8/10 and a lot of fun. I get some of a Mad Max vibe from it, which was one of my fav games this gen.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
What will make or break this game for me is how rewarding and interesting exploring the world is going to be.

Btw, for the record, I shall wear the following avi for at least a month if the game scores 85+ on MC.

iheartcrowsfj5z.png
Since most of the buildings are enterable and the game has loot and alot of lore it sould be good.
The world of Days Gone is vast, open, and frequently breathtaking. But there are multiple settings where claustrophobia and darkness prevail. Modeled after the region's actual lava tubes (created from hot lava running underground from Mount Mazama and cooling from the outside in) the in-game analogs are geologically true to form. But unlike the lava tubes at the Newberry Volcanic National Monument, these versions are a lot scarier. "Large groups of freakers—300 or 400—hibernate in them," explains Bend Studio creative director John Garvin

Dark Lore

Players can collect "historical markers" spread throughout the map; bits of lore from Oregon's pioneer past. "They're all authentic. One of my narrative designers put a lot of research into this," says Garvin. "We really wanted to explore the dark underbelly of Oregon, like 'This was the cave where a guy was experimenting on Native Americans,' or 'This is where a real-life massacre occurred.' Peter Skene Ogden was the first white explorer to come through central Oregon. There's tons of stuff around here named for Ogden. But he was a real bastard."

Small Towns

No, Bend does not exist in the game. It focuses on re-creating more rural environments and smaller communities like Marion Forks and Camp Sherman. ("Right now the biggest town we have is quite a bit smaller than Bend," says Garvin. "We have a place called Farewell, though, because Bend used to be called Farewell Bend.") What does exist: ski lodges, mountain resorts, and golf courses. Other surprises? Ross is tight-lipped. "There's one place in the game that is singularly Oregon," he says. "We can't discuss it, but when it comes out you'll know what I'm talking about."

Mountains

Look above the tree line and you'll probably spot a familiar sight: maybe Mount Bachelor, Mount Washington, Three Fingered Jack, or the Three Sisters. "Those are our Central Oregon mountains. They're very iconic," says game director Jeff Ross. "The locals [who got a preview of the game] were just thrilled." Those peaks aren't just background décor. "One of the things that we use them for is defining the world," adds Garvin. "They provide beacons or landmarks for getting around because the world is really, really big."
https://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles...regon-s-video-game-industry-to-the-next-level

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
anyone wanna guess meta scores, I'm going with an 84

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
That's a pretty good looking fancy-pants edition. I want Bend to do well, but I'm just not feeling this game.

That said, I dislike how every game these days offer some digital rewards that break early-game. I mean, sure, you don't have to use them. But surely it's not something anyone would buy a game for? "Oh, yes I need that palette-swap shirt with x2 exp, gotta preorder!" It just seems useless.

OP
OP
nolifebr

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I'm very curious to see how they'll pull the "Uncharted" moments which they said will occur while exploring the open world (outside the missions, thing that very few open world games manage to do)

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if fuel plays into this game for the motorcycle, and is it based on the story progress or is finding/maintaining fuel supply a gameplay mechanic?
Your bike will run out of fuel as you explore and get damage so yeah you have to refuel it and fixed it.

All the survival elements are on the bike instead of Deacon.

Oct 25, 2017
This looks really great to me, love the snow environments and seems to have an actual ecosystem which is awesome. Starting to get really hyped for this.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
This thread took a twist.

lol, previous one started negative - went a bit more positive later. Now the other way around.

I'm not sold on the game yet, but this is by far their best video. You can tell that there has been some polishing.
Sony should have showed these series videos, instead of that horde demo, which didn't looked too hot. I still have doubts about the hordes and hope they are more interesting than running around in small circle and blowing up the same copy-pasted trucks and cars.

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope there are a lot of ways for this to unfold systemically.

Yep. My two biggest hopes for this are the bike riding being good and it having prominent and interesting systems like weather, physics and AI factions who are aggressive to each other. And based on what we've seen and assuming they're not lying it should tick all three of those boxes. Like, I look forward to leading a massive group of notzombies to a bandit camp and letting the two sides fight it out. Or leading a horde into traps with tripwires, log piles to drop on them or boulders to roll, if that's an option. Basically, give me tons of fun and creative ways to kill the enemies in the game.

What are you actually even talking about? Which other games have a Sons of Anarchy vibe besides the actual SoA game, which is awful? Really the only other AAA game out there where you can sort of get something remotely similar is GTA Online, that's pretty much it, and I don't have to explain how that game differs to Days Gone lol.

Also what the fudge is a frat guy edgy white people show exactly? Some of the posts around this game truly are the worst.

Yeah, I couldn't decipher his comment either.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Yeah, the more I watch it the more I'm convinced this will sell very well. It's got all the ingredients to be one of those games that'll get 0 hype on Era, but will strike a chord with the general audience

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
It hasn't been this simple since E3 2016. And yes I can assure you it's the same ppl lol. Never seen ppl so disinterested in a game but show up for a thread so many times ever

It's like this with many threads here. I think the moderators should consider applying to these people more efficiently. Like, it should be a rule. I don't really understand it myself...if you're not interested or really "hate" something, why come in the thread to create nonsense? Just stay out and hate it as much as you want, but don't create problems for people who are interested.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
What I want from this game:

- fun gameplay in terms of shooting, traversing and ways to take out freakers.
- decent story which will make me care about the protagonist and other characters that are involved.
- decent sidemissions/stories

If they can give me this I will be over the moon with this game (my biggest doubt is the last point).

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is looking great now. Just riding the bike around seems like it will be a lot of fun in of itself and combined with the extent of the modifications in a sandbox world with scarce resources.... well this could be a really entertaining game. The open ended story and the hordes are also really cool but the fact its a game based around riding a motorcycle is one of the big draws for me. In general fun traversal through the environment can elevate an ok game to good or from good to great and is often essential to open world games.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Yes we do.
And yes while I agree with you that we need more diversity it bothers me to see this complain in a Sony 1P game thread because if there is someone at least trying to do this it's them. I don't remember any other publisher having the diversity we have on SIE titles. ...
I mean Microsoft made Halo 5 star a black male which say what you will about the game seemed like a pretty big deal. Now that I think of it, Crackdown 3 is in the same boat. Ubisoft made AC origins star an Egyptian man. Then you have Blizzard with Overwatch and this is just thinking of games I've actually played. Naughty Dog has been one of Sony's better studios in this regard but I don't feel they've taken any big chances so far. I mean even though Laura Bailey is awesome it was still weird that she played Nadine.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
A few things this game does not have towers you have to find pieces of maps in bunkers. Also the game has fast travel but you have to clear out Freaker nests in that area before you can unlock it.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I wonder if you can watch the horde grow on the map as you go through the game. Or are there multiple hordes? Do they merge?
You can find different type of hordes:
The giant horde with 300 to 500 zombies with the health bar that you have to kill during campaign mission or in specific fixed place.
Various size mini-horde (probably 30 to 200 zombies) that roam in the map with specific night and day cycle, those can grow and you can use them against enemies camp.

Those are the official hordes that we know for now.

(sorry for my english)

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Damn watching that trailer in 4K it looks amazing. Looks like some good checkerboard 4K quality. Unlike Rockstar.

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
Meh. This thread just looks really generic, like every other Days Gone thread.

All the posts about it being like every other game are just like all the other posts about it being like every other game.

The bike looks fun in this new trailer. I am looking forward to reading reviews for the game.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

There needs to be more posts like this. This game looks incredible. I haven't been completely interested until now. It was always under my radar but nothing was exciting me until this new trailer. This is giving me Horizon vibes. I didn't expect it to look this much better from the last time they showed it last year.

Last edited:

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Environment looks pretty good, reminds me of RDR2 a bit, although RDR2 probably had 2-3 years more and few hundred more people work on it lol

Anyway haven't had many (any?) open world zombie games on PS3/4, so I'm quite interested.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I've definitely hated on this game before but I will freely admit that it looks markedly better somehow and I'm not even sure what it is exactly.

I'm not really interested due to the open world structure but if you're into that type of game, this is shaping up way better than it initially looked I think.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Fuck I just had a glimpse of what this game is actually going to look like on my Pro/4K HDR-enabled television with these crisp gifs and I'm shitting myself. I hope to god that motorcycle scene in the bottom picture is actual gameplay because the way the camera cuts to a different angle it makes it look like a scripted scene. The bike physics have never looked better than they do there.