• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 8, 2017
One advantage of your studio not being near a major city I suppose. This is pretty cool.

anKskj7.png

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Looks nice but I just hope the aside from frame rate that needed fixing, the writing gets better than what I saw in the earliest long previews.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I really like this style of videos showcasing the game. I've pre-ordered the special edition since it's only 10€ more and it has a steelcase, physical artbook and physical soundtrack :)

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Snow makes them stronger? I need to read the reason of that, sounds interesting.
Yeah, the weather and day and night cycle has all type of systems, different weather brings out different enemies as well , rain brings them out more, makes you more silent but makes driving the bike more difficult.

Night time also makes them stronger and more numerous, sunlight keeps them at bay.

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

guys, this looks like a mix of so many other games lol. It looks fine, definitely doesn't look bad, but there isn't a single element of this that stands out to me.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
Meh, ill wait for the reviews. looks like your run of the mill zombie survival open world action game. Nothing special, Nothing stands out.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Collector edition ordered.

This is going to be lit and shatter expectation what many people has been talk down to this game. Bend will delivered this i can feel it.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Ooo I can't WAIT to see all the crow Era has to eat about this game lol. It looks even better than it did before. Bend is about to prove the haters wrong

Meh, ill wait for the reviews. looks like your run of the mill zombie survival open world action game. Nothing special, Nothing stands out.
Name a recent zombie survival open world game this looks like? Go ahead, I'll wait.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Generic brown-haired, built white guys is just a little bit played out. It would be more interesting to get some diversity in our videogame protagonists and support cast.
I'm all for diversity in games. I just don't see how Deacon's design is all that generic despite his profile being very common in games. He looks like an everyday man would look in a perilous environment. He's not overly handsome or ripped. He looks and sounds constantly scared of what's around him and ultimately just wants to be safe with his family. If anything, I'd say his wife looks much closer in design to Elena from Uncharted. Sony's protagonists look pretty varied to me. Kratos, Nathan Drake, Sir Galahad, and Joel all have different character and physical traits despite being the same gender and race.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
tenor.gif

guys, this looks like a mix of so many other games lol. It looks fine, definitely doesn't look bad, but there isn't a single element of this that stands out to me.

What open world game has the weather affect enemies, and how you traverse with your motorcycle? Dying light is the only one where the enemies change during the night. Infected wolves, zombie bears, crows, and different kinds of freakers that all act different depending on weather/time of day.

I'm all for it. No the premise isn't anything new, but how they approach it with variations of enemies that act in different states depending on your health, atmosphere is kind of unique.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I told myself I wasn't gonna cave on any day 1 purchases for the first 6 months this year so I could clear my backlog but this is shaping up pretty nicely. Motorcycle looks improved. If the reviews are good I might get this right away

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Not sure how Deacon looks like Nathan Drake but I guess it's cool to say white guys look generic in Era these days.

im a generic dark haired white guy and I find this boring and safe as fuck. this would've been a good opportunity for sony to diversify their protag catalog and design a POC for the role. If they ever get around to making PSABR2 there's gonna be about 20 white guys on the roster. yawn.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel you but come on man that is only 3 games.....also the uncharted one was DLC I believe, which fine but it was not a full fledged title. Aloy is a great addition but I want some more colour representation as well in our games.

Oct 31, 2017
This is looking really good. In typical fashion Resetera has missed the train on this one.

I can see this game selling a lot of copies. People really love zombie games and this one is giving off The Walking Dead vibes. Not only that butt the environment and graphics are looking gorgeous while being open world. It's ticking all the boxes that gamers like these days.

Last edited:

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Between dead rising 3/4 and state of decay I'm so over the open world zombie thing, I want to be excited for this one but it's just reminding me of those games except you can ride a motorbike.

Then again neither of those games were really very good so if this is good maybe it will hit the sweet pot.
All of those games sucked... If this turns out good I would think you'd be excited.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
User banned (5 days): trolling, antagonistic behaviour + history of similar infractions
The bike is a DLC addition in BoTW and adds nothing of substance the horse doesn't already have and doesn't do. Please keep your console warrior off.
Replying with facts is console warrior shit now?

Seriously what the fuck did BOTW do to you guys

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Dying Light is in first person and is nothing like this.

It's open world that's all I'm saying and has day/night cycles that affect enemies and how you play.

Replying with facts is console warrior shit now?

Seriously what the fuck did BOTW do to you guys

So besides the DLC motorcycle that came later in BOTW, how is it similar to Days gone? Goblins act differently at night? Animals are trying to kill you, but may act differently depending on day/night/weather?

AI in BOTW is not super good. They goblins hang out around camps/fires and have predictable patterns until you get close. Days gone wolves will try to attack you and knock you off your bike.

They are totally different games.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, this looks really good. I'm more excited for this that I've been ever. Going to be a fun Spring.