• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
This game will be great and I can't wait for the salty on ERA... It will be really fun!

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
street_hawk.jpg

I loved Streethawk growing up, and Airwolf.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Between dead rising 3/4 and state of decay I'm so over the open world zombie thing, I want to be excited for this one but it's just reminding me of those games except you can ride a motorbike.

Then again neither of those games were really very good so if this is good maybe it will hit the sweet pot.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm almost sure that one of the three videos will focus on the story. (According to Bend, it is the main focus of the game but they have decided to show little until now)

Glad to hear this. Contrary to the "Sony formula" crowd, I love a strong narrative and they have been delivering. I'm sure there's more going on here than what it seems.

As for the video? Damn, I'm shitting my pants. Days Gone? Day ONE.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Looks pretty but there's something strangely bland about the game. Like it doesn't have much style. I'm tempted to get it anyway.
As I said before, it looks like a third party title. I guess it's....all right? Need some exclusives that stray from the Sony formula.
Still got it, ERA.

That's what looks so bland about it. It looks blatantly like some frat guys are making a game that is about as inspired as your average cable edgy white people show. In fact, it is straight inspired by those cable shows and the lack of elevated style is apparent to me.

This is literally and objectively a bad post.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
How could I forget...
I'd be more interested in Days Gone if it was a Street Hawk motorbike, I'll be honest.
That's what looks so bland about it. It looks blatantly like some frat guys are making a game that is about as inspired as your average cable edgy white people show. In fact, it is straight inspired by those cable shows and the lack of elevated style is apparent to me.

But I like Sony exclusives so here I am paying attention anyway...
There weren't any zombies in Sons of Anarchy. Not that I remember anyway.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Day1, it seems they did an awesome work with unreal4.
giphy.gif

bland, no soul etc comentaries inc

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
I would go with 80-85. But with all those hates around it, anything above 77-78 is a failure, for the haters of course.

I only say that because an ozzy podcaster guy has heard rumblings from select sources that reviews wont be great. Note: that says nothing about the game beyond dilettantes who are forced to play waaaaay too many games per year in order to pay rent aren't super keen. In fact, for me, universal critical ejaculation turns me off because that almost always means the game is not to my taste.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I only say that because an ozzy podcaster guy has heard rumblings from select sources that reviews wont be great. Note: that says nothing about the game beyond dilettantes who are forced to play waaaaay too many games per year in order to pay rent aren't super keen. In fact, for me, universal critical ejaculation turns me off because that almost always means the game is not to my taste.
He sees into the future? I fail to see how he heard that.

GamerForever

Oct 27, 2017
For Bend studios first attempt at a AAA game, Days gone looks really good. When they release Days gone 2 on PS5 its gonna be at Uncharted 1 too Uncharted 2 upgrade level. Bend Studios moved into a bigger studio and expanded their staff on a permanent basis.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'm actually more interested in the game after that video. I was getting a bit fatigued before as it was the same old stuff recycled time and again. Now they've given us a glimpse at different parts of the world it looks interesting again.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
He sees into the future? I fail to see how he heard that.

Friends in the know. It just means dont expect god of war or spiderman numbers. I still think it will be a better game for me than any of the other Sony games this gen aside from Driveclub, fwiw. MC /= quality or greatness or longevity, like at all.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What are you actually even talking about? Which other games have a Sons of Anarchy vibe besides the actual SoA game, which is awful? Really the only other AAA game out there where you can sort of get something remotely similar is GTA Online, that's pretty much it, and I don't have to explain how that game differs to Days Gone lol.

Also what the fudge is a frat guy edgy white people show exactly? Some of the posts around this game truly are the worst.
Something tells me that if it was the next Far Cry a lot of the doubters would be fully on board. This being said, Far Cry always gets a lot of shit, yet is beloved by many and sells tons, so #shrug.

Looking forward a mix of Far Cry/ Walking Dead-World War Z/ Sons of Anarchy and emergent gameplay :)
If they delived all that plus a great story, the sky's the limit imo.

jackissocool

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
I believe that's the idea. If they nail that and provide a good challenge for those looking for it, I'm gonna give it a spin.
Yup. They've been talking about that kind of gameplay. If it delivers, and the world allows for some really interesting emergent situations with many ways to approach and solve problems (especially in terms of making plans) then I'm excited. The weather system actually impacting gameplay is a good sign.