• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You said you recognise me from other threads, thats not vague my friend. If your point is about users generally, than thats my bad - but if you're trying to group me in with that than my post still stands.

I'm sure this probably doesnt mean anything but I do think you're a great poster and always enjoy reading your comments.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Someone here posted "At least it' better than Crackdown 3"

They should have used that

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I should avoid these review threads with the usual bullshit schadenfreude from people who haven't played the game but having actually played for 20 hours I'll chime in with my opinion. Leading up to release I thought it looked pretty bland but I'm glad I picked it up after watching the Digital Foundry video.

The open world they constructed is hands down the most lovingly crafted and detailed post apocalyptic landscape I've seen in a game since the original Fallout. Every room of every building tells a story, the natural environments feel alive with motion, and a varied NPC ecosystem based on time-of-day allows for emergent gameplay and consant variety. Some of the cutscenes are rough at the edges but the story itself is quite engaging. I could be describing one of the better Bethesda games like Morrowind or Skyrim, but the moment to moment gameplay in Days Gone is fun as hell.

tldr: this game is really good and got done downright dirty by the reviewers for Gamespot and IGN. I can only imagine Bend pulled off a hail mary with the day-one patch or pissed off the wrong people because it's like I'm playing a different game. I've experienced no performance issues whatsoever.

Last edited:

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
QKneRrq.jpg
I was trying to remember what was the movie with this brilliant poster lmao

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'll prob get this on psn later. I have been umming an ahhing all week between this or a load of Japanese games from the sale. But the ones I've want I've already played before on older systems and I need to stop doing that and play new things.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That video is hilarious!

The bugs are really bad - shockingly bad really.

And yet 25 hours in all I had happen was a deer got stuck in the ground once. I've done pretty much every type of activity and quite a few heavy action scenes and nothing happened.

Maybe just maybe people have a need to hate on this game cause it's the flavor of the month around here? The game isn't perfect but literally no game is, the dev's were quick to patch it and its run almost flawless since day one for me personally.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
And yet 25 hours in all I had happen was a deer got stuck in the ground once. I've done pretty much every type of activity and quite a few heavy action scenes and nothing happened.

Maybe just maybe people have a need to hate on this game cause it's the flavor of the month around here? The game isn't perfect but literally no game is, the dev's were quick to patch it and its run almost flawless since day one for me personally.
Some people have had it out for the game since the e3 2016 reveal. People assumed they would end e3 with some big last reveal, but then saw just "generic zombie game"...boooo!

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Great game and the salt over its success only makes me grin.

A video game forum for enthusiast where people would rather hope for a games demise and ridicule it then find a thread discussing a game they enjoy and can speak about it with like minded gamers.

The game is great, unique even. I cant wait to be off work and get back home to it.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Some people have had it out for the game since the e3 2016 reveal. People assumed they would end e3 with some big last reveal, but then saw just "generic zombie game"...boooo!

I know and it's sad. I really don't get why people stick around threads discussing something they hate.

Be like a vegan going to a burger joint and just sitting outside the window yelling "that meats bad for you!". Just...move on.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I know and it's sad. I really don't get why people stick around threads discussing something they hate.

Be like a vegan going to a burger joint and just sitting outside the window yelling "that meats bad for you!". Just...move on.

I honestly think it's dumb console war BS. Like i get it the game has issues, it has more than bug issues. But the core gameplay is really good, the world is really interesting and the setting is pretty awesome.

It's not like any of us were expecting Naughty Dog levels with a studio of 80 people who haven't had a AAA game since PS1 days.

I honestly think its people who are salty that another First party game on playstation is doing well. They want to come at it from any angle they can, and review angle seems to be the easiest at the moment.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
They are more credible than the sites they listed. I get it though it is marketing gotta sell the game some how.
How much more credible though? Do you know the talent and history of every writer at all of these places, is it measurable or are you just saying this because they're bigger outlets and have more conversation surrounding them because of this? I've lost count of all the mistakes IGN has made over the past 12 months. Consistency is hardly a thing, even with the biggest of gaming sites.

I had 2 glitches after ~45 hours of playtime so far. One floating dead zombie body and the screen freezing for 1 second while driving with my bike. That's about it. Go and get it. It's a good game and you're gonna enjoy it ;)
Agreed. The only glitch I've had were audio/subtitle based. Some conversation dialogue overlap in one gameplay section, and after I quit to the main menu it showed some subtitles from a conversation Boozer was having with Deacon on the menu screen which I found amusing more than anything.

The open world they constructed is hands down the most lovingly crafted and detailed post apocalyptic landscape I've seen in a game since the original Fallout. Every room of every building tells a story, the natural environments feel alive with motion, and a varied NPC ecosystem based on time-of-day allows for emergent gameplay and consant variety. Some of the cutscenes are rough at the edges but the story itself is quite engaging. I could be describing one of the better Bethesda games like Morrowind or Skyrim, but the moment to moment gameplay in Days Gone is fun as hell.

tldr: this game is really good and got done downright dirty by the reviewers for Gamespot and IGN. I can only imagine Bend pulled off a hail mary with the day-one patch or pissed off the wrong people because it's like I'm playing a different game. I've experienced no performance issues whatsoever.
The more I play, the more I find this to be the truth.

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I should avoid these review threads with the usual bullshit schadenfreude from people who haven't played the game but having actually played for 20 hours I'll chime in with my opinion. Leading up to release I thought it looked pretty bland but I'm glad I picked it up after watching the Digital Foundry video.

It's the TWD open world game we never got, but the world actually feels more thought-out and cohesive than the world of the show. I love how the NPCs in friendly camps will have conversations about where they were when things went to shit or what their lives were before, and how enemy camps will have enemies working on cars, mingling, getting into scuffles amongst themselves. Each major encampment feels properly scaled, and the world itself feels authentic in its terrain, scale, and sense of being abandoned,

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
In case people are wondering why others are laughing at the Daily Star inclusion, these are the type of front page stories that they cover:

B0_HEghIgAAsO7x.jpg

BrFckl-CEAEuGip.jpg

Bz2vZcZIgAA6ngx-235x300.jpg

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
In case people are wondering why others are laughing at the Daily Star inclusion, these are the type of front page stories that they cover:

B0_HEghIgAAsO7x.jpg

BrFckl-CEAEuGip.jpg

Bz2vZcZIgAA6ngx-235x300.jpg

That doesn't mean that the game reviewer of that tabloid newspaper is shit, too.
I actually read the review and.... there's nothing wrong with it. No lies detected.
5/5 does seem a little extreme, I don't think DG is that good. OTH Gamespot have 5/10 which is just as (maybe even more) mind boggling.

EDIT: removed link to review, that site seems to be banned

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017

It's downplayers/deniers like you that will lead to our ultimate downfall at the claws of Crabzilla, when if we acted decisively now we'd still stand a reasonable chance.

On topic: IMO some people seemingly had decided they didn't like Days Gone before they ever got it, particularly on ERA. That said, overall I'd agree with most reviews given in spite of the fact I love the game and am glad its selling really well. It has a lot of rough edges, and they are are easy to see, but I am super happy with the purchase. I'd give it around a 7.5-8, but am still eager to go back to it every time I have a chance and have recommended it to friends. A game can be just decent but still a really good time.

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Fun to see people talking about Glitch and Bug....look like people forgot the GOTY contender of 2018 RDR2 filling youtube with hours of funny glitches.

Thing like this is the main reason why I don't care about reviews.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
58 - Andromeda
55 - Far Cry New Dawn
46 - Vampyr
42 - Dying Light
39 - No Man's Sky
39 - Days Gone
38 - Dead Rising 4
Number of reviews 75 or higher
For such a list to have any value at all, you need to put it up against the total number of reviews for each game. The ordering is then much different.

Days Gone 56/96 - 58% positive (green) metacritic reviews
Dying Light 33/58 - 57%
Dead Rising 4 - 46/86 - 53%
Vampyr 34/67 - 51%
Far Cry New Dawn 34/69 - 49%
Mass Effect Andromeda 30/61 - 49%
No Man's Sky 40/95 - 42%

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Fun to see people talking about Glitch and Bug....look like people forgot the GOTY contender of 2018 RDR2 filling youtube with hours of funny glitches.

Thing like this is the main reason why I don't care about reviews.

1. buy massive 50h open world on day one
2. record any bugs & glitches you encounter
3. ad reactions gifs, slo mo and sound
4. lowest hanging fruit on gaming YouTube

Everyone can decide for themselves where Days Gone "ranks" in the bug and glitch category.
But let's not act like DG is a total outlier.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
User banned (2 weeks): console wars, long history of related infractions
Lol, so many triggered fanboys.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry

I'm 30 hours into it, or over that, and I haven't encountered a single major bug. The latest patch also made the framerate better, to the point where I haven't had much slowdown while driving.

Apparently I'm also just 1/2 way into the game, which is nuts. I thought it'd be maybe 20-25 hours, because developers are usually too generous when they say how long their games are. But no.

I did see people pop in once today, post new patch. But maybe they were there and the camera didn't show them. All I know is I walked by and then saw them in the distant corner of the screen and got startled when they talked.

Someone's head also stayed in the air after I shot it. But shit like that happens.

What open world game doesn't have at least some minor bugs?

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
1. buy massive 50h open world on day one
2. record any bugs & glitches you encounter
3. ad reactions gifs, slo mo and sound
4. lowest hanging fruit on gaming YouTube

Everyone can decide for themselves where Days Gone "ranks" in the bug and glitch category.
But let's not act like DG is a total outlier.

Sure but let's not act like DG is the first Open World game with Bugs.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Nome of those things are controversial lol, particularly in the context of their threads

And holy moly at the defense of the daily star. I honestly thought that the defenders of this game coulsn't sink that low, yet here we are
You mean lower than haters that shit on the game without even playing it?

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
User Banned (3 days): System Warring and Antagonizing Other Users Over a Series of Posts
You mean lower than haters that shit on the game without even playing it?

Yes. The daily star is disgusting

Laughing at a cringy, buggy game with mediocre ratings is nothing new. Particularly when it looked as terrible as this one from the outset.

If this game was made by ubisoft or microsoft no-one on era would bat an eyelid, and they shoulsnt

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im about 6 hours in. No bugs yet. Actually still enjoying it. Theres a lot i would change though, but im still having fun.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Sure but let's not act like DG is the first Open World game with Bugs.

Eh, yes. That's the point. Bugs and clickbaity video compilations of them exist for every game out there.
Played DG for around 20 hours and haven't encountered any more or less bugs than I do in every open world game I played this gen.
That's all I'm saying.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes. The daily star is disgusting

Laughing at a cringy, buggy game with mediocre ratings is nothing new. Particularly when it looked as terrible as this one from the outset.

If this game was made by ubisoft or microsoft no-one on era would bat an eyelid, and they shoulsnt

Oh no stop please come back...bye

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
It's depressing as fuck that people are defending the Daily Star because a writer there gave a game they like a good review.

This newspaper has had openly racist front pages numerous times, has openly attacked minorities and routinely stirred racial hatred. Don't lower yourselves to defending the likes of the Daily Star and anyone who works there, they chose to, and are happy to work for an newspaper that's happy to spread and encourage racial hatred.

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Eh, yes. That's the point. Bugs and clickbaity video compilations of them exist for every game out there.
Played DG for around 20 hours and haven't encountered any more or less bugs than I do in every open world game I played this gen.
That's all I'm saying.

Sure I totally agree with you, is just something that makes me stay away from Video Game media sometimes.